1.    #1  
    I"m having a problem building the open embedded version of open webOS. Here is the terminal output:

./mcf -p 0 -b 0 qemux86
    checking customization... none
    checking parallel_make... 4
    checking bb_number_threads... 4
    checking premirror... http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources
    checking network... yes
    checking fetch_premirror_only... 0
    checking generate_mirror_tarballs... 0
    checking private_internal_component_mirror... no
    checking bitbake... submodule
    checking oecore... submodule
    checking webos... submodule
    checking metaoe... submodule
    configure: creating ./config.status
    config.status: creating Makefile
    config.status: creating bitbake.rc
    config.status: creating conf/bblayers.conf
    config.status: creating conf/local.conf
    Submodule 'bitbake' () registered for path 'bitbake'
    Submodule 'openembedded-core' () registered for path 'openembedded-core'
    Submodule 'meta-oe' () registered for path 'meta-oe'
    fatal: Needed a single revision
    Unable to find current revision in submodule path 'meta-oe'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./mcf", line 289, in <module>
    force_submodule('meta-oe', options.verbose, branch=options.metaoe)
    File "./mcf", line 58, in force_submodule
    echo_check_call('git submodule update {}'.format(submodule), verbosity)
    File "./mcf", line 50, in echo_check_call
    cwd=cwd)
    File "/usr/lib/python3.2/subprocess.py", line 489, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
    subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command 'git submodule update meta-oe' returned non-zero exit status 1

Hopefully someone can help.
    I think you need to define the number of cores to use for building.

For me
    ./mcf -p 0 -b 0 qemux86
    is
    ./mcf -p 3 -b 3 qemux86

since I built it with 3 cores on my quadcore processor.

Check and see if that helps.

What OS are you using?
    Rocking out Franken Pre2 2.2.4 and TP 3.0.5

Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    I think you need to define the number of cores to use for building.

For me
    ./mcf -p 0 -b 0 qemux86
    is
    ./mcf -p 3 -b 3 qemux86

since I built it with 3 cores on my quadcore processor.

Check and see if that helps.

What OS are you using?
    That didn't work. I'm using Linux Mint 13.
    You need to follow -all- the directions in that file, particularly the ones about setting up your ssh key
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  5.    #5  
    Eblade, I followed those instructions to a tee. However, I keep getting an error that my ssh key was not right from github's website. It said that the key I pasted needed to start with "ssh-rsa" and it did, so I don't know why it won't take. This has been one of the weirdest and most frustrating experiences that I have had actually following instructions.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Use step 4 on the following site.

https://help.github.com/articles/generating-ssh-keys

the ssh key is like 5 lines when you paste it into github.

you using xclip?
    Rocking out Franken Pre2 2.2.4 and TP 3.0.5

Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    Use step 4 on the following site.

https://help.github.com/articles/generating-ssh-keys

the ssh key is like 5 lines when you paste it into github.

you using xclip?
    I was using xclip before. I finally just "cat" the file and pasted it. It worked. The build started well and I was able to check out the files required from git using my key. However, I ran into another issue with openjade. Here is the pastebin on it:

NOTE: Running task 846 of 3932 (ID: 2990, /home/Iomega-HDD/build-webos/BUILD-qem - Pastebin.com
    Hi,

I too have had problems with building open webos embedded. I have tried on ubuntu 11.04 and 12.04. ssh fine. Building starts well, but then I get the following error messages

NOTE: package webkit-webos-1.3-0.54-r3: task do_compile: Started
    ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (see /home/hnnrs/open-webos/build-webos/BUILD-qemux86/work/i586-webos-linux/webkit-webos-1.3-0.54-r3/temp/log.do_compile.10582 for further information)
    ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/hnnrs/open-webos/build-webos/BUILD-qemux86/work/i586-webos-linux/webkit-webos-1.3-0.54-r3/temp/log.do_compile.10582
    Log data follows:
    | DEBUG: SITE files ['endian-little', 'bit-32', 'ix86-common', 'common-linux', 'common-glibc', 'i586-linux', 'common']
    | DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
    | Can't exec "/home/hnnrs/open-webos/build-webos/BUILD-qemux86/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/qmake-palm": No such file or directory at /home/hnnrs/open-webos/build-webos/BUILD-qemux86/work/i586-webos-linux/webkit-webos-1.3-0.54-r3/isis-project-WebKit-7922c1d/Tools/Scripts/webkitdirs.pm line 1786.
    | Use of uninitialized value $mkspec in scalar chomp at /home/hnnrs/open-webos/build-webos/BUILD-qemux86/work/i586-webos-linux/webkit-webos-1.3-0.54-r3/isis-project-WebKit-7922c1d/Tools/Scripts/webkitdirs.pm line 1786.
    | ERROR: qmake missing but required to build WebKit.
    | ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (see /home/hnnrs/open-webos/build-webos/BUILD-qemux86/work/i586-webos-linux/webkit-webos-1.3-0.54-r3/temp/log.do_compile.10582 for further information)
    NOTE: package webkit-webos-1.3-0.54-r3: task do_compile: Failed
    ERROR: Task 2215 (/home/hnnrs/open-webos/build-webos/meta-webos/recipes-webos/webkit/webkit-webos.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
    Waiting for 1 running tasks to finish:
    0: linux-yocto-3.2.18+git1+07ee09b520579b9f29bd15fefb01fd28b34c6064_1+34e76349ed6cb7cadbbf94a5b34712d139703c8a-r4.0 do_compile (pid 21066)
    NOTE: package linux-yocto-3.2.18+git1+07ee09b520579b9f29bd15fefb01fd28b34c6064_1+34e76349ed6cb7cadbbf94a5b34712d139703c8a-r4.0: task do_compile: Succeeded
    NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1913 tasks of which 1796 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
    /home/hnnrs/open-webos/build-webos/meta-webos/recipes-webos/webkit/webkit-webos.bb, do_compile
    Summary: There were 21 WARNING messages shown.
    Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
    make[1]: *** [webos-image] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/hnnrs/open-webos/build-webos/BUILD-qemux86'

real 28m11.258s
    user 32m1.930s
    sys 5m35.850s
    make: *** [qemux86/webos-image] Error 2

Any help would be much appreciated.
    k4ever: looks like you're using a FAT file system rather than a Linux based one? That'll break, if so.

hnnrs: can you "make qt4-webos"?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    k4ever: looks like you're using a FAT file system rather than a Linux based one? That'll break, if so.

eblade, I resized the ntfs partition on the drive and created space for an 80gb ext4 partition. i'm rebuilding now on that. Hopefully I won't have any other issues.
    Probably good now, but 80 might be tight depending on the size of your linux install

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post

Thanks for the reply eblade. Yes, I can 'make qt4-webos' with no errors. I still get the same error however when I try to 'make webos-image' after 'rm -rf BUILD-qemux86' and './mcf.status', even if I run 'make qt4-webos' first.