webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Open webOS 1.0 Is Arrive
Open webOS 1.0 Is Arrive
Like Tree96Likes

Old 10/04/2012, 07:18 AM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
It doesn't in particular, but I believe it would address the issue that users currently have with Hulu, Netflix etc. Having the possibility to choose the "User agent string" would be even better in case the sites would only properly work with iOS or Android user agent.
yeah but in the case of netflix its not a user agent issue, we just dont have ms silverlight on our os for the webapp to work with (or we would already be doing so on ubuntuchroot or any linux os), and we dont have a native app so netflix will never work for us, open webos or otherwise.
Old 10/04/2012, 07:39 AM   #102 (permalink)
Rnp

Is not important to me if the iOS or Android works so fast as light speed or so low than increase in my payments here, in my job... the important to me is the Touchpad browser works each time better.

Best Regards...
Old 10/04/2012, 07:45 AM   #103 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
yeah but in the case of netflix its not a user agent issue, we just dont have ms silverlight on our os for the webapp to work with (or we would already be doing so on ubuntuchroot or any linux os), and we dont have a native app so netflix will never work for us, open webos or otherwise.
Shouldn't Silverlight be possble on *nix using Moonlight?

With regards to native app: Someone could decompile the Android and/or iOS version and see if they can get something working for webOS?
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/2012, 10:50 AM   #104 (permalink)
*Moderator in Memorium*

Quote:
With regards to native app: Someone could decompile the Android and/or iOS version and see if they can get something working for webOS?
If someone did that, they couldn't redistribute it so it wouldn't matter.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2012, 01:57 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
..., but my impression is that webOS' browser reloads a page much too often (e.g. after zooming or going back) which interrupts my "flow of reading".
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
I am guessing the reloading you are experiencing is on the Pre3? The Pre3 has lack of available memory issues which leads to this (both the Veer and Pre2 are much better at this and I can't recall having browser refresh on TP often enough to even think about it).
You're right - I can remember having seen this random reloading on my Preł only. Thank you for your explanation about the memory issue.

There's an additional issue I have observed recently: sometimes the focus is tied to a browser card which is not in the foreground and I have no idea how to remove the focus from it. Usually I restart Luna to solve the problem. Is this a known issue?
Old 10/07/2012, 03:27 PM   #106 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Shouldn't Silverlight be possble on *nix using Moonlight?

Moonlight doesn't support DRM, so that's a no-go.
m0ngr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2012, 03:08 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
Isis is not a silver bullet which fixes all the things you find wrong with the TouchPad browser. In fact, you'd probably find it to be a step backwards, as it is a technology preview, not a finished product.

-- Rod
wow, thanks for clarifying. So I guess the best is to use the linux browsers firefox and chromium as ancillary supports to get around webOS issues.

I don't know what technology preview means unless it is a preview to the isis version on openwebos 1.0? or a preview to later versions of openwebos browsers eventually coming down the pike?

Just to complete my list of issues I found when traveling--the myooma refused to login also on the webos browser but did fine on the ubuntu browsers.
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2012, 04:14 PM   #108 (permalink)

Have you tried this new in browser html5 game MS released yesterday Contre Jour? On TouchPad is loading and rendering OK but is unplayable. On Ipad is running great but it'ss not rendered so nicely.

Last edited by chalx; 10/10/2012 at 04:19 PM.
chalx is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0