Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes
    Anyway i have forgot.. We have always a solution.. Kickstarter! We can always try and start with it!
    <staff edit>

Well but we have the year 2012 not 12 xears ago... im just saying what was presentet today is far away from any commercial release.
    And with hp not producing any hardware i cant see any third party choosing webOs over android, firefox os or bb10.

yes i sound negative but after being involved with webos from the start with the pre- im just getting a bit tired i think.
    i hope the homebrew community will squeeze some live out of this for our legacy devies and i will support them in this progress with donations.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09/28/2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: removed quote
  3.    #23  
    Well, before some people kill the SO...

One big company as HP don't work without some planning.

So, until the HP inform that abandoned the webOS tablet in 2013, the SO have hardware. Ok, gonna lost time, is not ready now, but gonna have hardware.

We know nothing about Gram, we know nothing about the new Mobility group... we know nothing: we don't know if is a good or bad idea. But...

... until now, the HP has release everything that was promissed.

So, have credit with me and; I believe, can have credit with anyone that is know about the Open webOS roadmap released.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    HelmutsKohl and RumoredNow like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    until now, the HP has release everything that was promissed.
    Ares 2.0 and Enyo 2.1 were expected to be released in April, Enyo 2.2 in July.

It's great what we've seen so far, but I'm a bit frightened if HPalm/gram will be able to continue the developing of there developer-products since some of the team are working for Google now.
    <staff edit>

The original Palm PDAs had black and white screens, ran on AAA batteries, and used the serial port for syncing
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09/28/2012 at 10:17 PM. Reason: removed delted quote
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    The original Palm PDAs had black and white screens, ran on AAA batteries, and used the serial port for syncing
    Ahh, those were the days! I ran a Psion instead but there's something to be said for a device you could work on that lasted ages on a couple of AA batteries.
    Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)
    xandros9 likes this.
    This IS an upgrade. Prior to today Open webOS had no capabilities/features. Now it is a free functional touch-oriented operating system for which the source-code is available. How could there not be interest in it? You don't know and I don't know. Only time will tell.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Open webOS 1.0 lands | webOS Nation

Well... what is the next step!
    A little something @webosports and @morphis have been working on: http://bit.ly/openwebosgnex:

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 09/28/2012 at 05:47 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    is it am or pm?
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    is it am or pm?
    Actually, it's a code. If you break the code, you might find something interesting to download. Or not. Who knows?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    brandongoeszoom and Rnp like this.
    Actually, it's a code. If you break the code, you might find something interesting to download. Or not. Who knows?

-- Rod
    :-)
    lets get decrypting.
    I happen to have one of those in my old phones drawer. :-)
    Last edited by johncc; 09/28/2012 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    :-)
    lets get decrypting.
    Funny. I was just reading an article about encrypted messages in images earlier today....
    A little something @webosports and @morphis have been working on: [url]

[URL= to view quoted image
    [/URL]

-- Rod
    whoever did should get some sleep!
    A little something @webosports and @morphis have been working on: http://bit.ly/openwebosgnex:

Click to view quoted image

-- Rod
    Great work as always! How we're going to call without phone app though? Would it be possible to take 3.0.5 or 2.2.4 phone app and use it somehow even though HP did not officially release the sources for this?
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Re: TouchSmart video:
    I noticed webOS lagged. And is running on Ubuntu. Funny how the use case being promoted is a hotel system. I feel that's a bit overkill. Seriously, an awesome interface for hotels that would probably put some crappy overlay on? And if you were in a hotel, you'd rather hold a tablet than try to type on the screen, if that's what they're getting at. At least if it was actually in a hotel we could get Developer Mode on and maybe deliver the homebrew experience by installing Preware.

Through the entire latter half of the video I was internally screaming "or a phone! or a tablet! (Wait, is that Virtura?)".
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Great work as always! How we're going to call without phone app though? Would it be possible to take 3.0.5 or 2.2.4 phone app and use it somehow even though HP did not officially release the sources for this?
    Patience Grasshopper... Rome wasn't built in a day....

This *is* a Day 0 Pre-Alpha port remember....
    Great news
    Its version 1.0, what did people expect it would do? I think no matter what HP released you would see the "WebOS is dead" crowd remind us they are still around.

I am just happy its out and look forward to see where it goes. I will keep using my Pre2 until it dies and then look at my alternatives.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    kataran likes this.
    I'm still waiting to see what you have been working on....
    well, today things that I worked on came out. :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast