webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Would it be possible to use native binding to node.js in node services??
Would it be possible to use native binding to node.js in node services??

Old 09/18/2012, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hello, I'm a new web developer looking into HP webOS.

I'm looking into node.js, and wondering why native binding to node.js is not allowed in order to write a JS services in webOS.

I want to be able to access native C & C++ libraries when we write out the services.

Thanks in advance.
HarryCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2012, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCho View Post
Hello, I'm a new web developer looking into HP webOS.

I'm looking into node.js, and wondering why native binding to node.js is not allowed in order to write a JS services in webOS.

I want to be able to access native C & C++ libraries when we write out the services.

Thanks in advance.
Hi HarryCho, welcome.

Have you wandered over to https://developer.palm.com/ ?

They have a Node.js forum: https://developer.palm.com/distribut...934cc561a3b678

Although it seems a bit deserted, someone should get back to you in there.
Isandunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2012, 01:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I think I'm understanding your question -- you want to use native node modules? I think it's mostly a restriction simply because there's no standard way of building a node extension for ARM. I wouldn't't be surprised, if you did manage to get a node extension built for ARM, if it would end up working. As to wether you can get that into the catalog, I don't know.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
native binding, native library, node.js

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0