webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > ..more on Whitman & poignant quotes from Matthew McNulty
..more on Whitman & poignant quotes from Matthew McNulty
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rockbeast

Old 09/15/2012, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

HP’s Smartphone Announcement ‘Soul Crushing,’ Says Matthew McNulty | TPM Idea Lab

from the link: “Everyone I’ve stayed in contact with is at peace with the fate of webOS,” McNulty said. “It’s the modern Xerox PARC,” referencing the seminal Xerox user interface on the Alto computer that allegedly served as the inspiration to Steve Jobs for the Macintosh computer.

My oh my.
josephandrews222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/16/2012, 08:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

Wake up, be bold. I feel like webOS is dead as far as being a consumer OS.
njitipairote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/2012, 08:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rnp

He's only Resentful because is not there now...

Best Regards...
Old 09/17/2012, 11:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

some interesting comments/replies at the bottom of the article tho, almost a better read than the actual article.
Old 09/17/2012, 01:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
*Moderator in Memorium*

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
some interesting comments/replies at the bottom of the article tho, almost a better read than the actual article.
LOL, some good ones there...

Either way I feel bad for Matt and many others that have had to endure this roller coaster... this was the passion and life of what is in tech, a small tight nit group of people. A lot of great individuals worked for Palm, my take on Matt's comments is pretty much people have had to let go and move on (many laid off, many other taking opportunities that became available to have a more consistent future), after having everything destroyed a year ago.... the news must be gut wrenching for those still involved.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/2012, 03:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
LOL, some good ones there...

... a small tight nit group of people...
Alright, I just can't stay quiet here, because it is a pet peeve of mine when people use words that sound like the word they mean, but it is NOT the correct word! Here you said 'nit' when you meant 'knit'...the difference? I cannot believe you are asking me that question! A 'nit' is the egg sac of a head lice attached to a human hair follicle. "Knit" is a function of weaving cords or threads of some kind together, making a stronger weave or fabric!

Now, if you can't get it write, than dont waist hour time tying to spall on-less u kin spay-el at above a median lavel...othewise the point is mute.

I tink I made my pointe.

One more thing...just kidding VW.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover and marcedhk like this.
Old 09/17/2012, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
*Moderator in Memorium*

LOL it would seam you are one of those grammar and spelling geeks...

(yes that was on purpose, I drive the wife insane with that one)

funny thing is, I paused, was thinking it was probably wrong, then was like whatever, it doesn't have a red line under it I'm happy enough that I won't google it
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 09/17/2012, 05:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm not sure anyone should be surprised about Whitman revealing the smartphone idea. Many on this forum (not me) predicted this was coming. The future of computing is in the mobile media and HP is a computing company.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
etphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/2012, 05:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
Alright, I just can't stay quiet here, because it is a pet peeve of mine when people use words that sound like the word they mean, but it is NOT the correct word! Here you said 'nit' when you meant 'knit'...the difference? I cannot believe you are asking me that question! A 'nit' is the egg sac of a head lice attached to a human hair follicle. "Knit" is a function of weaving cords or threads of some kind together, making a stronger weave or fabric!

Now, if you can't get it write, than dont waist hour time tying to spall on-less u kin spay-el at above a median lavel...othewise the point is mute.

I tink I made my pointe.

One more thing...just kidding VW.
making the "peace Keepers" proud! lol

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
loopytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2012, 11:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
cgk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
He's only Resentful because is not there now...

Best Regards...
Yeah he went off to work for that tiny little known player "Google" - I bet he sobs into a small pillow each and every evening.
cgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2012, 11:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGK View Post
Yeah he went off to work for that tiny little known player "Google" - I bet he sobs into a small pillow each and every evening.
maybe thats why theres the rolleyes/sarcasm emote after his reply
Old 09/19/2012, 03:09 AM   #12 (permalink)

Every OS that has no HW-Platform is a dead OS. At least until it get's a new hardware platform.
But as that takes a long time now, and WebOS itself is not developed further and there is not much new in the app catalog, I would say, the chances of WebOS rising from the dead get slimmer every day.

I am currently waiting for a statement of the webOSports crew, which devices they can port WebOS to. If I like what I read I might stick with WebOS, if not, I'll head to Android.

ATM I am sticking with my Pre3 even though I am not satified (reboots and the like) ... but can't find the heart yet, to leave my favorite OS ...
Old 09/19/2012, 09:18 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
.....I am currently waiting for a statement of the webOSports crew, which devices they can port WebOS to. If I like what I read I might stick with WebOS, if not, I'll head to Android.....
im w/ you on that, but im on android at the moment(and not really enjoying the experience even w/ jelly bean...somethings just off), but closely watching bb10, just because of the gestures...but windows phone 8 is starting to look interesting too...got another year on contract hopefully w/ in that year there a will be devices that open webOS will be ported too
retroblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2012, 09:45 AM   #14 (permalink)

If WebOS doesnt make it to some future phone the last OS i will be moving to is Android. Just my 2 cents

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
etphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2012, 12:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
*Moderator in Memorium*

Quote:
Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
If WebOS doesnt make it to some future phone the last OS i will be moving to is Android. Just my 2 cents

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
It makes me sad that Android is the only OS getting any physical KBs...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0