webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > gr.am discussion thread
gr.am discussion thread
Like Tree17Likes

Old 09/13/2012, 12:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
*Moderator in Memorium*

hmmm Gram merchandise you say...
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/13/2012, 12:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
hmmm Gram merchandise you say...
Not really "merchandise" but more branded items so to say... Like HP, Dell etc have bags, shirts etc with their logo. You should think in that direction.... Nothing more I'll say about it

For the people attending PhoneGap Day EU in Amsterdam tomorrow I can say: Just keep your eyes open and look around.....

Last edited by Herrie; 09/13/2012 at 12:49 PM.
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelmutsKohl likes this.
Old 09/13/2012, 01:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
*Moderator in Memorium*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
Not really "merchandise" but more branded items so to say... Like HP, Dell etc have bags, shirts etc with their logo. You should think in that direction.... Nothing more I'll say about it

For the people attending PhoneGap Day EU in Amsterdam tomorrow I can say: Just keep your eyes open and look around.....
LOL I got you on what you meant by merchandise, happy to see some money is really being put into branding Gram!

Ahhh that's how you're getting your info
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 09/13/2012, 02:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
cgk

Am I dreaming this or wasn't the thing about gram was that it was going to develop enyo (sp?) further and sell it as a cross-platform development tool for the web and mobile rather than having anything to do with WebOS itself?
cgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/13/2012, 03:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Gram = Enyo + webOS branching out of HP (including any "Palm" people that are still left as well). So it's basically the former Palm GBU in HP that moves into Gram and will be doing exciting things we'll hear about. Open webOS is actively being tested and ported on/to various bits of hardware, however no details about which hardware though (yet), but I wouldn't be surprised when it turns out to be the phones mentioned in an article earlier.

I suspect the announcement that will come from/about Gram might have something to do with it....

There could also be other options though, nobody knows at this time.....

Maybe there will be a (modified) WindsorNot after all?

Huawei's quadcore was mysteriously delayed due to "production problems", maybe HP/Gram teamed up to have a high end phone with Open webOS? Nobody knows at this time, but I guess we'll find out shortly....
Old 09/13/2012, 03:48 PM   #26 (permalink)

Herrie,

Pass me a t-shirt.

I'm sleeping until we get some good news.

thanks.
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: zubiaur
Old 09/13/2012, 05:17 PM   #27 (permalink)
*Moderator in Memorium*

Quote:
Gram = Enyo + webOS branching out of HP (including any "Palm" people that are still left as well). So it's basically the former Palm GBU in HP that moves into Gram and will be doing exciting things we'll hear about. Open webOS is actively being tested and ported on/to various bits of hardware, however no details about which hardware though (yet), but I wouldn't be surprised when it turns out to be the phones mentioned in an article earlier.

I suspect the announcement that will come from/about Gram might have something to do with it....

There could also be other options though, nobody knows at this time.....

Maybe there will be a (modified) WindsorNot after all?

Huawei's quadcore was mysteriously delayed due to "production problems", maybe HP/Gram teamed up to have a high end phone with Open webOS? Nobody knows at this time, but I guess we'll find out shortly....
Gotta love NDAs, I posted something similar in my thoughts the other day in a thread.... as always our personal opinions, thoughts, and hopes are not any indication of any real world information.
Liked by 2Phresh likes this.
Thanked By: zubiaur
Old 09/13/2012, 10:25 PM   #28 (permalink)

I need to see it otherwise it's all a pipe dream like the rest of webOS.

Damn you Leo and hp
MDsmartphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/13/2012, 10:37 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
A very reliable source told me when can expect more info by the end of this month. I have seen Gram "merchandise" already too, so I'm quite sure it's been in the works for a while already probably....
I heard from a very reliable source that the future plans of Open webOS will be revealed at the end of this month too... Except I have a link.

Special secret source

"Stay tuned for more updates from us, with the September release we will announce our future plans for Open webOS."
i2y4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/2012, 12:14 AM   #30 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Well that's 2 different sources confirming the same thing then :-)
Old 09/14/2012, 08:54 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Well, those who don't have the Prelude font can install it from the website now.
What website...gram I don't see anything other than the logo...and I'm wearing my bifocals!

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/2012, 09:26 AM   #32 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
What website...gram I don't see anything other than the logo...and I'm wearing my bifocals!
Check the source

Code:
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="css/font-prelude.css"/>
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelmutsKohl likes this.
Old 09/14/2012, 09:37 AM   #33 (permalink)

Did anyone else notice that the new logo for gram, when turned upside down, reads woß (w-o-s - the German s-sharp). Are they planning to turn WebOS on its head?

woS.jpg
ajs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by carldc likes this.
Thanked By: carldc
Old 09/14/2012, 11:04 AM   #34 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs26 View Post
did anyone else notice that the new logo for gram, when turned upside down, reads woß (w-o-s - the german s-sharp). Are they planning to turn webos on its head?

Attachment 65915
Շատ լավն էին. Դուք ստանում եք ծափահարության համար հմտություն.

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/2012, 07:34 AM   #35 (permalink)

Nothing new on this front?
Is it the case to can soon imagine a Gram OS on the market? Is Gram going to be the commercial side of the open sourced webOS?
sgamao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/16/2012, 05:39 AM   #36 (permalink)

I think HP is taking all other kind of approach with its mobility development than Apotheeker's way.

It's actually creating a lot of buzz and expetations around the "all thing".
First they re-organize themself, creating the PPS unit. Then they create the stealth Gram entity and then again the Mobility GBU inside PPS.
After this Whitman talks about HP's plans to take onto the mobile market again and then we hear about this project "Bender".

It's not clear how Gram is related to Bender or to the entire Mobility GBU mission but two things are much understandeble:
one is that many people it's hoping Gram will be what's left of webOS on a new, speedy level.
the second is that it's possible HP is planning to enter the market through its big players adopting Android as platform of choice for a line of Bender family of smartphones.

Gram is a "just fine" name and its brand is beautiful.

Bender it's a cool name and it's not sure is gonna run Android or Gram.

In the Android world there is much space left for commercial success. Only Samsung is cool at this point. And they make the best low-end Android smartphones as well the best high-end.
Sony, HTC, LG are not cool. They make very good products but they are not cool as Samsung is with its Galaxy family.
Here it comes Bender. I already imagine different Bender smartphones and tablets and i think Bender will not go with the "not yet cool" Windows 8. Bender might be HP's Mobility GBU family of Gram or Android devices.

Again: they are creating buzz around it. That's a smart move, i guess. To us it sounds all a bit confusing, but i'm sure they have pretty big plans.

I'm staying tuned.
sgamao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/2012, 11:23 AM   #37 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Դա դեռեւս միայն ցույց է տալիս գեղեցիկ բատերֆլայ ...

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/2012, 04:58 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
Դա դեռեւս միայն ցույց է տալիս գեղեցիկ բատերֆլայ ...
asdfghjklqwertyuiop?
Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
iPhone 5c > Nexus 5
My Palm OS Archive
xandros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: HelmutsKohl
Old 09/28/2012, 05:45 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
asdfghjklqwertyuiop?
It's Armenian for "still only shows a beautiful butterfly" lol
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 10/11/2012, 06:52 PM   #40 (permalink)

Um, has anyone looked at the Gram website recently? It appears to be gone...
treodoc755 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gram, open webos

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0