webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Samsung Galaxy S Blaze Q
Samsung Galaxy S Blaze Q
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 2 Post By geekpeter

Old 09/06/2012, 10:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

T-Mobile Samsung SGH-T699 Galaxy S Blaze Q / Relay 4G Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

To be released on T-Mobile this month. Has everything I need, except the screen is a tad bit too big for my taste and doesn't have Touchstone (this can be easily fixed). Has a nice set of features, Dual core, 1GB RAM, quad band DC-HSPA, even has NFC.

Thoughts?

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp and johnjaycee like this.
Old 09/07/2012, 01:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

It runs android, not for me
Old 09/07/2012, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
It runs android, not for me
Well of course I mean as a target for porting... why would I post it in this forum otherwise?
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 09/07/2012, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
Well of course I mean as a target for porting... why would I post it in this forum otherwise?
judging from what the devs keep posting in response to posts liek this, i think the deciding factor isnt the hardware or any similarity to what we have already but a combo of that and if the device is accessible enough to access the bootloader/etc, if it was that simple wed all just use the most widely availabel hardware (fruity products etc).

at a guess ittl be where some of the webOS donation money will goto, aquiring and testing devices that are fully open in all the important areas for webOS porting devs, which would be a good thing, devs cant magic test devices out of thin air
Thanked by cujoq37, RumoredNow
Old 09/09/2012, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Looks like a phone to me.
Old 09/09/2012, 04:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, I realized that after posting, but still liked my answer so I left it where it was even though :P
Old 09/09/2012, 08:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Devices can only be ported to if they are sufficiently open. FOSS Drivers for the H/W, Unlocked Bootloaders, etc.
Old 09/10/2012, 04:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

Maybe when phones under FirefoxOS will be released ? They might not be so locked down as other big branded phones?
Old 09/10/2012, 11:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
*Moderator in Memorium*

I like to think that some devices are already being tested by folks under NDA. (maybe unsuccessfully, but I like to think some devices may at least have been eliminated already by some level of testing)

I will add that I have no reason to think this other than my own suspicion... If Rod sees this he will most likely post that I have no reason to be having these thoughts... so nobody take my speculation above as anything but vaporware, it means nothing and is only reflective of my optimism of the future. (just trying to be clear so Rod or Shifty or anyone else doesn't have to waste time posting in reply to my dreams )
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/2012, 12:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
Devices can only be ported to if they are sufficiently open. FOSS Drivers for the H/W, Unlocked Bootloaders, etc.
Seems like we're not so in luck then... most of the stuff on that phone is Qualcomm...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0