09/04/2012, 12:04 AM
The checked exchange server settings were fine, no barriers for syncing.
So I took a closer look at the webOS e-mail clients and found something strange.
But I found a workaround to the missing sent-folder sync issue too...
1. In my PCs Outlook-Client I moved all e-mails from the send folder, up to the date they were displayed (nearly one month) on TP and Pre3 to some tmp-folder
2. Then I did a manual sync on TP and Pre3, on both devices the folder stays empty….mmmh, no sync of the older e-mails still inside the folder
3. Ok, then I checked how many e-mails are actually stored in my exchange send-folder through outlook…around 5.000
4. Then I did a test if there is a barrier regarding a maximal amount my TP will sync for one exchange folder, result in my case 1.000, regardless if there were 1.001, more than 1.000 won`t sync
5. Ok, I did a split of my whole sent-folder into 6 separate folders and started to sync by Pre3 and TP and…it worked
6. So now I got all my sent e –mails on both devices but in 6 different folders…but hey, I got them with me now…
7. The only strange thing are that the genuine sent-folder still not sync e-mail prior the 6th august and that TP differs from the Pre3 / Outlook by the count of one of those newe folders, there 501 e-mails inside and TP thinks that there are 990….but more is even better that less…;-)
8. To recheck the sync issue I stored only the ones in that folder that synct before and I sent some e-mails around the word to check if they will be in the sent-folder after woods and to check if webOS e-mail client will kick older ones from the list…
9. …but the e-mail was stored normally in the genuine sent-folder and the oldest were still there….
I will have an eye on it within the next weeks…
I could not really understand that behavior but I am fine with the workaround for now…maybe there is a tweak were a user could manually set the maximum e-mails / folder to some higher value….but that is something for my next nightshift…;-)
Need some sleep...
One Pre - & 3 Pre3 & 2 TP32