webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Open webOS - Desktop Build released
Open webOS - Desktop Build released
Like Tree20Likes

Old 09/19/2012, 07:36 AM   #81 (permalink)

the browser does not work on my build, but email does download my gmail, so the "device" is seeing the internet...

bing maps works, so that is another connectivity datapoint
mtiberio is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: chalx
Old 09/19/2012, 08:17 AM   #82 (permalink)

for some reason I can't access internet from my build!? When I get some spare time, I have to check this issue.
Old 09/21/2012, 01:58 PM   #83 (permalink)

Well, I got the desktop version up and running. As expected, the browser doesn't work, send to another email account doesn't work, ...

how do I go about fixing these issues?

Joe
Attached Images
File Type: png webos-browser.png (44.8 KB, 44 views) Email Attachment
Joe Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 02:32 AM   #84 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Well, you have the source code, if you'd like to take a stab at figuring it out :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/24/2012, 07:35 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
Well, you have the source code, if you'd like to take a stab at figuring it out :-)

Hmmm. Gotta get the source first, since it's downloaded "as needed".
Joe Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2012, 12:10 PM   #86 (permalink)

Does this work on windows 64 bit in virtual mode? I keep getting error messages on the webos code install.
casiouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2012, 12:54 PM   #87 (permalink)

Beta was 32bit only I thjnk
Old 10/08/2012, 01:37 PM   #88 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Final was also released as 32 bits only but they fixed it last week to add 64 bits support as well (I saw the changelog for one of the commits on Github last week stating that 64 bits was added)
Old 10/09/2012, 01:59 PM   #89 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

64 bit should be good for oe, desktop maybe not so much yet

Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 10/10/2012, 06:20 PM   #90 (permalink)

So who has any non-included apps working so far.

I've tried some of the apps that are shown to be working on the video that came out with the release of openwebOS 1.0 but I can get anything to work.
casiouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2012, 07:30 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
So who has any non-included apps working so far.

I've tried some of the apps that are shown to be working on the video that came out with the release of openwebOS 1.0 but I can get anything to work.
If one compiles Open webOS 1.0 for x86 and copy the apps/frameworks from the SDK then a lot of apps will work.

If one compiles Open webOS 1.0 for ARM and copy apps/frameworks from the Touchpad WiFi 3.0.5 jar file then a lot of apps will work.

I have also tested some synergy plugins to get Quickoffice and Picsel to see cloud documents (even created a thread on some scripts).

Even used impostah, to make the x86 version think it was a Touchpad and it has App Catalog access...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2012, 08:56 PM   #92 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I tried some test apps that I had around, and they worked. Synergv does not yet

Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 10/11/2012, 07:07 AM   #93 (permalink)

Sorry if I've came late to the party gentlemen. I think I'm understanding that OpenWebOS on the desktop is much more than an empty canvas, as people seem to be able to copy full applications and make them work. That's great news! Perhaps somebody could make a list or something, it's very important to have the usefulness of the project quite visible, IMHO.

Now, I have a question about Synergy, and it's not specific to the desktop or device version: I thought that Synergy had parts that were not open source, thus these will never get to OpenWebOS. But then you say that at least some plugins do work, so now I think that Synergy is indeed in, but without any plugins. But we could rewrite those, I'd bet... Am I correct, and OpenWebOS indeed has Synergy framework?

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2012, 01:30 PM   #94 (permalink)

I copied over the Apps and Framework modules from the SDK Virtual Box Build, and installed the Box.net and Dropbox synergy plugins from webOS 3.0.5 Touchpad WiFi jar, install QuickOffice and the plugins worked for me, a lot of work but not sure how to script it all but I am looking into it...

FYI the Synergy plugins are not Open sourced, so we can not distribute them, but we can create scripts to extract them (look for a thread I created for that...), also tested on webOS 2.2.4 on the Phones...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.

Tags
open, webos

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0