webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Open webOS - Desktop Build released
Open webOS - Desktop Build released
  Reply
Like Tree20Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09/03/2012, 12:32 PM   #61 (permalink)
R_E
Member
 
Posts: 341
So after litterly days of building, i finally succeeded in building "build-webos" (only to learn i did the wrong one. doh!)

Anywhoo, i run the emulator with the command listed in the readme. It starts to boot fine but then asks for a login and password. I'm not sure if i'm crazy, but i don't remember setting up a username and password. Anyone know what to do?
R_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2012, 01:05 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
twack's Avatar
 
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_E View Post
So after litterly days of building, i finally succeeded in building "build-webos" (only to learn i did the wrong one. doh!)

Anywhoo, i run the emulator with the command listed in the readme. It starts to boot fine but then asks for a login and password. I'm not sure if i'm crazy, but i don't remember setting up a username and password. Anyone know what to do?
User = root
Pwd =

no password, just hit return
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: R_E
Old 09/03/2012, 01:14 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
mtiberio's Avatar
 
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
did you try these instructions from openwebos dev?

To install your app on open webOS, just untar the app directories under /luna-binaries/rootfs/usr/palm/applications then re-start SysMgr
I pulled precell off of my Pre+ phone (1.4.5.1) and placed it in that dir. The icon showed up, and it tried to start but jammed up. I'll try again with some apps from my touchpad, 3.0.5 should be closer...
mtiberio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2012, 01:29 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
twack's Avatar
 
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
did you try these instructions from openwebos dev?

To install your app on open webOS, just untar the app directories under /luna-binaries/rootfs/usr/palm/applications then re-start SysMgr
DId hte above and the Icon shows up under "Downloads" tab. Cool!
When I launch, the app screen goes grey. I looked into the term window that I launched sysmgr from and found the following error:

Code:
11:19:39:451 m (4237) com.mystuff.myapp: Oop.js Failed to find a constructor for kind [Main], undefined:0
Anyone know why? App worked in old-school webOS as an Enyo app.

TIA
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2012, 02:06 PM   #65 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

 
Posts: 3,536
I'm not even getting that, just halting at the loading screen for non-supplied apps. Wondering if i have to alter the enyo path or something.

Any other errors above it? that implies that something blew up while trying to process the Main kind, or it didn't find it at all..
__________________
Author:
Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2012, 03:53 PM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
twack's Avatar
 
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
I'm not even getting that, just halting at the loading screen for non-supplied apps. Wondering if i have to alter the enyo path or something.

Any other errors above it? that implies that something blew up while trying to process the Main kind, or it didn't find it at all..
Only errors I do get after clicking the icon is 3 of the following which are above the [Main] error:

Code:
11:19:39:450 m (4236) com.mystuff.myapp: TypeError: 'null' is not an object, undefined:0
But the clock or notes throws the same errors.
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2012, 04:11 PM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
twack's Avatar
 
Posts: 634
By the way, you cannot XRDP into Hyper-V VM for Open-webOS-Desktop. Main window and bottom button is the only thing to show up. All other Ubuntu apps function fine. Must be some X11 stuff. :-(
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2012, 03:55 AM   #68 (permalink)
R_E
Member
 
Posts: 341
Edit: This is supposed be in the Isis thread. but oh well.


Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (353.2 KB, 329 views) Email Attachment
R_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by mivoligo likes this.
Old 09/04/2012, 05:53 AM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
mtiberio's Avatar
 
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
I pulled precell off of my Pre+ phone (1.4.5.1) and placed it in that dir. The icon showed up, and it tried to start but jammed up. I'll try again with some apps from my touchpad, 3.0.5 should be closer...
xserver didnt work
youtube didnt work
facebook crashed slm
klondike solitaire rendered sideways but ran (rotation lock no help)
freecell rendered sideways but ran (rotation lock no help)

Last edited by mtiberio; 09/04/2012 at 06:01 AM.
mtiberio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2012, 06:14 AM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
mtiberio's Avatar
 
Posts: 307
all of these copied from my Touchpad to my desktop build of open webos...


googlemaps started but never got past pulsating icon (same as precell)
bing maps started and worked!!!
eweather and news, no go
accuweather works
wterm started, but wouldn't get past the password setting screen 8^((
weatherbug kinda worked (bottom of screen cut off)
clear weather jammed up at pulsating icon
the weather channel also jammed up at the pulsating icon
weather dashboard just died

Last edited by mtiberio; 09/04/2012 at 07:35 AM.
mtiberio is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: hagster
Old 09/07/2012, 08:32 AM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
chalx's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
all of these copied from my Touchpad to my desktop build of open webos...
is there a way to sideload ipk, or is it only possible to copy alredy installed apps?
__________________
chalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2012, 10:47 AM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
mtiberio's Avatar
 
Posts: 307
you would need one of the following 3 things to use ipks, preware, internalz or a command line interface (xecutah, wterm, etc). try copying one of those over and report how it goes...
mtiberio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2012, 12:36 PM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
bearda's Avatar
 
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
all of these copied from my Touchpad to my desktop build of open webos...


googlemaps started but never got past pulsating icon (same as precell)
bing maps started and worked!!!
eweather and news, no go
accuweather works
wterm started, but wouldn't get past the password setting screen 8^((
weatherbug kinda worked (bottom of screen cut off)
clear weather jammed up at pulsating icon
the weather channel also jammed up at the pulsating icon
weather dashboard just died
This may be a dumb question, but are we sure open webos supports the complete mojo framework? Most of the focus seems to have been on enyo, and bing maps is one of the few all-enyo apps I can think of.
bearda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2012, 03:15 PM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
chalx's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
you would need one of the following 3 things to use ipks, preware, internalz or a command line interface (xecutah, wterm, etc). try copying one of those over and report how it goes...
Since I only have Pixi+ wo any additional apps, laying somewhere in the house, I extracted applications folder from webOS 3.0.5 doctor and placed it into luna-desktop-binaries/roofs/usr/palm/applications and started desktop webOS.
I can run :
browser but cannot search because there are no search engines, and when I enter web address nothing happens
screen&locks
Exhibition
Date and time
Wifi settings
Regional settings (but can't search regions)
Wpn settings but can't set anything

System updates and accounts are loading, but they are crashing system

Edit: I've copied accounts folder from webOS 3.0.5 doctor and started calendar. Now account setup isn't crashing.
Anyway, my open webOS desktop can' t see Internet.

Edit 2: I've copied preware and internals, but as expected, can't run any. Internals depends on file manager service, and I don't know where should put files...
__________________

Last edited by chalx; 09/07/2012 at 04:53 PM.
chalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2012, 08:12 AM   #75 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Vistaus's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,493
rootfs/usr/palm/services
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: chalx
Old 09/09/2012, 10:37 AM   #76 (permalink)
Member
 
chalx's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
rootfs/usr/palm/services
Still can't run Internalz. Doesen't matter, I guess there will be some OpenwebOS version of file manager soon.
__________________
chalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2012, 12:48 PM   #77 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Vistaus's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,493
Okay, I got it running but there is no launcher. I only see a little button that brings up the app tray. Also, some apps are missing.

Edit: oh, there is a launcher. But still, some things are missing. It's really barebones for now. Also, the web browser doesn't load pages yet.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2012, 02:46 PM   #78 (permalink)
Member
 
mtiberio's Avatar
 
Posts: 307
Wanted to what was new, tried to do a build after a git pull. the build failed. blew everything away, and started from scratch. seems like a wallpaper has been added, and who knows what else. anyone know how to get an update and rebuild without having to go through the entire 3 hour compile? talking desktop here...

mtiberio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2012, 08:25 PM   #79 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

 
Posts: 3,536
well, the odds are pretty good at this early of a stage, that you'll probably be rebuilding most of it anyway, even if it were incremental. But, if the build script hasn't radically changed (which it did on the last update, if I remember correctly) to build only a specific component, you can remove the .stamp file that is placed in that component's directory in ~/luna-desktop-binaries, and then it will rebuild that particular component.

In many of the places in the build-desktop-webos.sh script, you can also repoint the builder to build from a specific directory, rather than using the pulled in source code. Although I've noticed that that has a tendency to not work very well if you're using the x64 mods to the build script, as myself and panda-z have in our repos. Not sure what's up with that.

Then again, there are plenty of x64 related problems that need to be solved before I could really recommend people try it .. unless of course, they are familiar with solving x86 vs x64 problems, in which case, please help
__________________
Author:
Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2012, 12:46 AM   #80 (permalink)
Member
 
chalx's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
well, the odds are pretty good at this early of a stage, that you'll probably be rebuilding most of it anyway, even if it were incremental. But, if the build script hasn't radically changed (which it did on the last update, if I remember correctly) to build only a specific component, you can remove the .stamp file that is placed in that component's directory in ~/luna-desktop-binaries, and then it will rebuild that particular component.

In many of the places in the build-desktop-webos.sh script, you can also repoint the builder to build from a specific directory, rather than using the pulled in source code. Although I've noticed that that has a tendency to not work very well if you're using the x64 mods to the build script, as myself and panda-z have in our repos. Not sure what's up with that.

Then again, there are plenty of x64 related problems that need to be solved before I could really recommend people try it .. unless of course, they are familiar with solving x86 vs x64 problems, in which case, please help
Does your desktop build see Internet?
__________________
chalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Tags
open, webos

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0