Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mutoidi
  1.    #1  
    I don't know if you've seen this, the HP Envy x2. It's screaming to run webOS. Watch here:
    WebOS still makes sense.
    Yeah.. and what will it be instead running?
    A full version of Window 8?

Aarrgghh!

creepingmee likes this.
    I've been trying to research the Intel Clover Trail stuff to see if it supports the linux 3.x kernel. No solid info yet from what I can tell.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    its a shame really that i dont need another windows device or trust HP 1 bit, the only i care about like others, is most likely can i scap whatever OS is on it and eventually bung open webOS on it.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    The Envy x2 runs an Intel Atom processor, which is still an x86 architecture just like (more or less) every other Intel desktop and mobile processor. So you can install (in theory) any mainstream desktop Linux distribution, such as Ubuntu or Fedora.

That also means any Linux kernel - including 3.3 and above - should run on it no problem.
    down to the porting teams/devs to decide whats best for us in the long run, even if its somethign with identical/similar stats to the touchpad hardware/screen res wise its np, at least it would be hardware you can actually walk out and buy.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    now they just need to price it... Don't screw it up HP!
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I'd rather not support HP's Windows tablets. The worse they do the more likely HP is to use webOS.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    After checking out this video & blog post from HP on their next Envy model, I thought: Wow, if this thing ran webOS, it would be totally awesome. It looks like HP’s version of the Asus’ Transformer (except it will run Win 8 instead of Android).

If Mark Hurd was still CEO of HP, I imagine this thing would definitely be running webOS instead, & it would have been my next tablet/laptop. Sighhh

HP Communities - HP ENVY x2: Part Laptop, Part Tablet, All-Awesome - HP Communities

[YT]v=ZYzgPlScfdg[/YT]
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    After checking out this video & blog post from HP on their next Envy model, I thought: Wow, if this thing ran webOS, it would be totally awesome. It looks like HP’s version of the Asus’ Transformer (except it will run Win 8 instead of Android).

If Mark Hurd was still CEO of HP, I imagine this thing would definitely be running webOS instead, & it would have been my next tablet/laptop. Sighhh

HP Communities - HP ENVY x2: Part Laptop, Part Tablet, All-Awesome - HP Communities

Click to view quoted video
    Agreed. My wife's TouchSmart desktop has a webOS icon, I planned to get another TouchSmart for my office and would have loved this device with all running webOS....o'well
    <merged>
    If we could just webOS Windows Phone 8-devices: The Nokia Lumia 920 gets its own Touchstone.