webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > webOS this: Envy x2
webOS this: Envy x2
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mutoidi

Old 08/30/2012, 03:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

I don't know if you've seen this, the HP Envy x2. It's screaming to run webOS. Watch here: The power of a notebook and the freedom of a tablet, The HP ENVY x2 - YouTube
Old 08/30/2012, 03:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yeah.. and what will it be instead running?
A full version of Window 8?

Aarrgghh!

Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by creepingmee likes this.
Old 09/02/2012, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

I've been trying to research the Intel Clover Trail stuff to see if it supports the linux 3.x kernel. No solid info yet from what I can tell.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
kevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2012, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

its a shame really that i dont need another windows device or trust HP 1 bit, the only i care about like others, is most likely can i scap whatever OS is on it and eventually bung open webOS on it.
Old 09/02/2012, 10:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

The Envy x2 runs an Intel Atom processor, which is still an x86 architecture just like (more or less) every other Intel desktop and mobile processor. So you can install (in theory) any mainstream desktop Linux distribution, such as Ubuntu or Fedora.

That also means any Linux kernel - including 3.3 and above - should run on it no problem.
George Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2012, 11:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

down to the porting teams/devs to decide whats best for us in the long run, even if its somethign with identical/similar stats to the touchpad hardware/screen res wise its np, at least it would be hardware you can actually walk out and buy.
Old 09/02/2012, 02:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

now they just need to price it... Don't screw it up HP!

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
kevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2012, 02:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'd rather not support HP's Windows tablets. The worse they do the more likely HP is to use webOS.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
i2y4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2012, 10:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

After checking out this video & blog post from HP on their next Envy model, I thought: Wow, if this thing ran webOS, it would be totally awesome. It looks like HP’s version of the Asus’ Transformer (except it will run Win 8 instead of Android).

If Mark Hurd was still CEO of HP, I imagine this thing would definitely be running webOS instead, & it would have been my next tablet/laptop. Sighhh

HP Communities - HP ENVY x2: Part Laptop, Part Tablet, All-Awesome - HP Communities

Old 09/03/2012, 10:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
After checking out this video & blog post from HP on their next Envy model, I thought: Wow, if this thing ran webOS, it would be totally awesome. It looks like HP’s version of the Asus’ Transformer (except it will run Win 8 instead of Android).

If Mark Hurd was still CEO of HP, I imagine this thing would definitely be running webOS instead, & it would have been my next tablet/laptop. Sighhh

HP Communities - HP ENVY x2: Part Laptop, Part Tablet, All-Awesome - HP Communities

Click to view quoted video
Agreed. My wife's TouchSmart desktop has a webOS icon, I planned to get another TouchSmart for my office and would have loved this device with all running webOS....o'well
RoverNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2012, 10:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

<merged>

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2012, 02:46 AM   #12 (permalink)

If we could just webOS Windows Phone 8-devices: The Nokia Lumia 920 gets its own Touchstone.
HelmutsKohl is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0