Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #1  
    webOS tablet 2013. Meg word.

    I will make a check list:

    1.- Sept 2013 webos opens source.- check.
    2.-Gram webos and enyo making just software.- check
    3.-New MGBU for making amazing new mobility products , like consumer tablet products.- check.
    4.-Meg words:

    Quotes:

    Meg Whitman, chief executive officer of Hewlett Packard Co., talks with Bloomberg's Aaron Ricadela about the company's plan to give away its WebOS operating system to outside developers and the outlook for HP's release of a new device running the software in 2013. Bill Veghte, who runs the company's software business, also speaks.

    In an phone interview made by allthingsd in Dec 9, Meg Whitman said they will launch two Windows 8 tablets in 2012 and because the roadmap for 2012 is already done, will launch a webOS tablet in 2013 depending in how it goes, after making webOS an open source OS.

    Whitman: I think we’ve got to walk before we run here. And let’s see what form webOS takes. In 2012 as you know we’re bringing two Windows 8 tablets to the market, we’re excited about that, we’re going to be working with them [Microsoft] constructively, but there may be an opportunity in 2013 to think of a different device, maybe come back to tablets. Let’s just see how it goes, but obviously HP would be one of the likely suspect hardware manufacturers for webOS.

    WEBOS IS doing fine.-Check.-

    5.-webos NEW tablet 2012 YEAH .- Check.

    (Smartphones ???? Dunno???)
    Last edited by akitayo; 08/20/2012 at 10:42 PM.
    Rnp, fxspec06 and cujoq37 like this.
  2. #2  
    I'd say it's best to assume that HP is never going to make a webOS device ever again. That way, it'll be a pleasant surprise if they actually do. I wouldn't get my hopes up though...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  3. #3  
    I don't care for tablets, I just want a phone. A real shame.
  4. #4  
    In actual situation, I accept a tablet... can be a door for a new phone!!


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    retroblu and akitayo like this.
  5. #5  
    if meg actually keeps her words i will gladly buy a tablet after apps for webos comes out? so anyone have details about GRAM LIke will that mean software updates for webos devices?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    In actual situation, I accept a tablet... can be a door for a new phone!!


    Best Regards...
    Yeah that is a great point.Thanks
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    if meg actually keeps her words i will gladly buy a tablet after apps for webos comes out? so anyone have details about GRAM LIke will that mean software updates for webos devices?
    I dont know why I think HP might do that after launching some new own webos open source tablet with success and at least one by another OEM manufacturer.- Am I too positive.
  8. #8  
    You know, you're right. It doesn't make any sense at all for HP to do anything for webOS at all ever. Why keep working on a new operating system and then make a device for it? Puh-leeze, webOS is so dead it makes Frankenstein look alive again. HP is meanie and never does anything good for the world, ever, and Meg Whitman ruined eBay.

    Anyone got a cookie?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

    AKA Preluva likes this.
  9. c000's Avatar
    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #9  
    screwing over the remaining few people who stood loyal to palm/webos by cutting support for their devices?? check
    xandros9 and AKA Preluva like this.
  10.    #10  
    For smartphones the only hope I see is to wait what OEM hardware manufacturer will get webos opensource for their phones. All will depend of ,the offer package, a reliable OS, marketing and tech staff traveling worldwide to offer them it with some prototypes and make some demos on these OEM companies own devices.
  11. #11  
    Y'know, it occurs to me today, that a lot of this recent activity might be things that they were handcuffed into doing by the accounting issues. That 2 billion dollar writedown that Leo took almost immediately after announcing the death of the hardware business, I don't know accounting very well, but I bet that that's not something you can just say "oops, my bad" and make it all better. I'm thinking that Meg and the rest of HP might've been absolutely hamstrung as far as re-opening the mobile side of business, until a year after.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    fxspec06 likes this.
  12. #12  
    Meg Whitman has balls. Can she became 2nd S. Jobes and revive webOS?
  13. #13  
    We all say HP wont make another tablet but they are making Windows tablets. Is it just possible that they may consider using open WebOS on that hardware platform they have already developed in future?

    I am suggesting this from no technical knowledge about whether or not it is possible however I cant see why it might not be possible - even if it is not practical form a cost perspective. After all they will have control of the drivers and if the hardware supports a Linux kernel it might work.

    Just food for thought
  14. #14  
    Maybe a tablet--shrink-o-matic would help...
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Y'know, it occurs to me today, that a lot of this recent activity might be things that they were handcuffed into doing by the accounting issues. That 2 billion dollar writedown that Leo took almost immediately after announcing the death of the hardware business, I don't know accounting very well, but I bet that that's not something you can just say "oops, my bad" and make it all better. I'm thinking that Meg and the rest of HP might've been absolutely hamstrung as far as re-opening the mobile side of business, until a year after.
    You are right , spinning off webOS and Enyo as GRAM, and now with a new MBGU, software and hardware business units, is a good move. This way HP can account which will be more or less profitable and in case one of them doesn`t work the dollars amount to a negative account will be less painful for the company.

    But I hope both Business Units work, must work.
  16. #16  
    Hmmmmmm...

    Did the Mobility division also inherit all the design and planning work that went into preparing to manufacture an ARM tablet to run Windows RT??? The Windows RT deal that HP pulled out of...

    And now they have the groundwork for an ARM tablet and no OS scheduled to be embedded on it?

    They would also have inside knowledge of the design parameters set by Msft for RT tablets and be free from obligations to not surpass that spec...

    Could HP intentionally make such a Machiavellian maneuver as spinning off all these new entities to "pay back" Msft for the ham-stringing they forced on OEMs under RT licensing terms? Would they be intelligent enough to fight fire with water? Build an ARM run Open webOS tablet to compete against RT? Keep their cards close to their vest and not leak strategies?

    Seems too well thought out and aimed at capitalizing on market changes that are taking place for it to be something HP would intentionally go about doing...

    I'd be happily surprised if it turned out to be so.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    Meg Whitman has balls. Can she became 2nd S. Jobes and revive webOS?


    She is doing things with caution . And it is not only about the OS We all know webOS is a winner.

    Hardware for a tablet for example. She or the new MGBU team have to think in What is not out there in the market yet, but in the suppliers manufacturers line roadmap.

    Multicore chips and folding flexible displays, for example.

    You can have a phone tablet and when you open/fold it up, the device is a tablet. Pls see the picture attached. That is aSony concept made by a particular designer not by Sony.

    And that is 2013 trend , everything mobile is coming with flexible displays. The designer knows that Check the
    date he wrote on the screen: 19th of May 2013.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by akitayo; 08/18/2012 at 10:50 AM.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Hmmmmmm...

    Did the Mobility division also inherit all the design and planning work that went into preparing to manufacture an ARM tablet to run Windows RT??? The Windows RT deal that HP pulled out of...

    And now they have the groundwork for an ARM tablet and no OS scheduled to be embedded on it?

    They would also have inside knowledge of the design parameters set by Msft for RT tablets and be free from obligations to not surpass that spec...

    Could HP intentionally make such a Machiavellian maneuver as spinning off all these new entities to "pay back" Msft for the ham-stringing they forced on OEMs under RT licensing terms? Would they be intelligent enough to fight fire with water? Build an ARM run Open webOS tablet to compete against RT? Keep their cards close to their vest and not leak strategies?

    Seems too well thought out and aimed at capitalizing on market changes that are taking place for it to be something HP would intentionally go about doing...

    I'd be happily surprised if it turned out to be so.
    Yeah why not ARM/webOS, however HP must go beyond that with webOS to re-enter the market. Must stun the world with something unknown.
  19. #19  
    This is good news, but I'll be temperate with my outlook. Unless they get apps on the catalog it won't be a success and HP can simply say "See? We made the right choice originally". Like others, I would MUCH prefer a new phone. I'm not sure how much longer mine will hold out unfortunately. But it's great to see HP backtracking and rethinking their plans!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1965 View Post
    We all say HP wont make another tablet but they are making Windows tablets. Is it just possible that they may consider using open WebOS on that hardware platform they have already developed in future?

    I am suggesting this from no technical knowledge about whether or not it is possible however I cant see why it might not be possible - even if it is not practical form a cost perspective. After all they will have control of the drivers and if the hardware supports a Linux kernel it might work.

    Just food for thought
    Yes they can load webOS on any kind of actual good hardware. HP have to find what hardware materials are at an acceptable cost and make the device not look cheap with a great OS.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions