1.    #1  
    I don't know if this gets to the Internals level or not, but could someone help me find a way to install a copy of webOS CE in a partition in my TP? Possibly someone familiar with creating meta-Dr's?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Don't know if anyone is reading the forum before posting on a pawlovian whim or not, but WebOS CE is no installable OS.

Read the forum. It has been posted only about a thousand times ...
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    LOL... Can't install something that hasn't been released yet Lots of threads discussing it as Buddy mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daughain View Post
    I don't know if this gets to the Internals level or not, but could someone help me find a way to install a copy of webOS CE in a partition in my TP? Possibly someone familiar with creating meta-Dr's?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Don't know if anyone is reading the forum before posting on a pawlovian whim or not, but WebOS CE is no installable OS.

Read the forum. It has been posted only about a thousand times ...
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    LOL... Can't install something that hasn't been released yet Lots of threads discussing it as Buddy mentioned.
    If I might play Devil's advocate...

Sounds like the OP may have the right idea, but the wrong term with "install."

I think he wants help compiling ala MetaDoctor scripts to fold CE into his OS.

Just a guess after reading between the words.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    could be right, @rumored ... maybe he means a "patch" of some sort, but then what about dual boot??
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    could be right, @rumored ... maybe he means a "patch" of some sort, but then what about dual boot??
    IDK absent the OP saying something...

Like dual boot to preserve the original... Though it could be Doctored back. Dual boot would allow side by side comparison a bit easier, no?

Like Boot: 3.0.5 or CE choice.

Just speculating. *shrug*
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    LSM is just a single file. Replace it with the original, restart luna. Replace it with the new, restart luna.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I do not wanna rephrase the OPs question, but may I suggest it be asked like that:

"When can we expect a patch or tweek with the new Luna Manager?"

9.    #9  
    No, I am talking about a separate partition,with a separate kernel. I know how to load LSM onto my system as is, but that's not what I wish to do. My question is how to do this. Can a meta Dr be written to search for a second partition and load another version of webOS into that partition? Or does this require using an install method similar to linux/android?

It could, although I don't know of anyone who's done any such undertaking.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: