webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Internals Team tests ????
Internals Team tests ????
Like Tree37Likes
  • 8 Post By Garrett92C
  • 6 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 5 Post By Rockbeast
  • 3 Post By ShiftyAxel
  • 3 Post By Buddy1969
  • 1 Post By wolfgart
  • 1 Post By GMMan
  • 8 Post By rwhitby
  • 2 Post By ShiftyAxel

Old 07/26/2012, 09:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Why Internals team doesn't tell nothing about testing devices they are trying ???!!!!!!!

Everywere there is a silence , silence , and silence .

Last edited by wolfgart; 07/26/2012 at 10:30 AM.
wolfgart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2012, 10:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Well, open webOS isn't even released yet. I'm sure they'll share information about what they're working on when the time is right.
Old 07/26/2012, 10:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
*Moderator in Memorium*

^what he said.....

there is also a thing called an NDA....

Then to add to what Garrett said, being that the work on open source isn't complete Rod and crew aren't the kind of folks to make promises on something that isn't ready for show time.

Over the years there have been problems with many folks jumping the gun (users not folks from internals) then complaining about something not working. This is why things like alpha/beta Preware requires command line knowledge now, people were getting in way to deep for their own knowledge then blaming the folks who were doing the coding when it was the user not reading/understanding/and heeding the warnings.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, HelloNNNewman, kataran and 3 others like this.
Thanked By: Vistaus
Old 07/26/2012, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
Why Internals team doesn't tell nothing about testing devices they are trying ???!!!!!!!

Seriously? Rod et al have covered this many times before, so there has hardly been silence. <staff edit>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
And that is exactly the reason why such statements are not being made.

Until Open webOS is actually released, and attempts at porting it are made, we have no way of knowing whether such ports will be successful or not.

So we don't want people making purchasing decisions based on what can only be purely speculative statements at this point in time.

-- Rod

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/26/2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: telling members to 'search before posting' is against our rules.
Isandunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2012, 12:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
*Moderator in Memorium*

Also from the official webOS Ports wiki

Quote:
ETA
Our ETA Philosophy

We believe that it is best if we focus on working on the code rather than giving ETAs to make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy.

We also believe that with any porting effort there will be bumps, roadblocks and even bridges washed out that are insurmountable.

Therefore:

We will not give ETAs for anything we are working on.

We will not comment on what projects we are working on till they work (or have been proven to not be currently feasible)

Once we are finished with a port or have found it not currently feasible then we will publish all our findings so others can recreate or push forward with the work we have already done.
ETA - WebOS-Ports
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 07/26/2012, 02:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think webOS internals ought to do something ELSE to make us feel warm and fuzzy...and support their efforts to boot! They should sell us webOS snuggies! That's right, how better to keep us warm and fuzzy than an official webOS Snuggie! The proceeds can go towards funding webOS Internals efforts. Can I get an amen...and a nap?

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, HelloNNNewman, OldSkoolVWLover and 2 others like this.
Old 07/26/2012, 03:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
*Moderator in Memorium*

Yo I'll go for a nap too
Old 07/26/2012, 08:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Keep it on the quiet, but I've heard rumors that they're developing with HP TouchPads.

Sshh, don't tell anyone!

Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 07/27/2012 at 10:52 AM.
ShiftyAxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, sledge007 and Vistaus like this.
Old 07/27/2012, 01:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

It is funny how people think, the internals crew OWEs them something.
The sense of self righteous entitlement that some people are showing really bugs me off.

The WebOS Internals guys (and gals? do you have gals? ) are the ones who do, what you would expect HP to do.
HP is the company owning the product. It is the company you paid for your Pres and Touchpads. If you have demands concerning the OS you've invested in, direct them to HP who bungled up most of the jobs about WebOS, but get off the backs of the bunch of preople who try to make it all right again.

Just my 2 cents and entirely my own opinion.

Last edited by Buddy1969; 07/27/2012 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Typos
Buddy1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by marcedhk, AwesomePalmPre127 and RumoredNow like this.
Old 07/27/2012, 06:38 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
It is funny how people think, the internals crew OWEs them something.
The sense of self righteous entitlement that some people are showing really bugs me off.

The WebOS Internals guys (and gals? do you have gals? ) are the ones who do, what you would expect HP to do.
HP is the company owning the product. It is the company you paid for your Pres and Touchpads. If you have demands concerning the OS you've invested in, direct them to HP who bungled up most of the jobs about WebOS, but get off the backs of the bunch of preople who try to make it all right again.

Just my 2 cents and entirely my own opinion.
Man , i don't think nothing !!!

I think only that in a situation who see webOS loose many people everyday , would be a different and winner strategy to update regularly the people on the work..

This is my simply opinion .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Liked by nolram likes this.
Old 07/27/2012, 07:16 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Man , i don't think nothing !!!

Man, thats obvious.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
etphoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2012, 08:22 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by etphoto View Post

Man, thats obvious.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
You more than me , child

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Old 07/27/2012, 12:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Don't start a flame war. ETAs are touchy, and sometimes there aren't that much progress. People have jobs, you know. Like with my own project, I've got the nice deadline of August 1st, and while it's well under way now, I was getting a little worried at the beginning of the week that things have been moving slowly. And hence having things moving slowly, there wasn't many updates on Twitter for the past few weeks. What do you expect, us sending a tweet every time we finish an article? What's there to talk about if you don't have significant progress?

As previously mentioned, Open webOS isn't even released, so any work done now is pure speculation. Things may change significantly upon release and expectations may not be met. Would you rather be disappointed at the broken promises or feel good about the new features that you did not know was going to be there?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.
Thanked by ewl88, Rockbeast
Old 07/27/2012, 09:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post

You must not be following @webosinternals and @webosports on Twitter if you have missed all the WOCE LunaSysMgr UI improvements that are in development and undergoing packaging for release in Preware...

Once that happens, we'll be sure to give you a means to show your support.

-- Rod
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by treodoc755, dignitary, OldSkoolVWLover and 5 others like this.
Old 07/28/2012, 02:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
R_E

Rod or other,

I was wondering how the lunasysmgr tweaks are going to work. Isn't lunasysmgr compiled? I'm not fully programming literate, but the Tweaks 3.0 update only seems to add variables. Will this be able to implement the kind of changes we have seen in videos such as the side gesture?
R_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/2012, 02:32 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_E View Post
Rod or other,

I was wondering how the lunasysmgr tweaks are going to work. Isn't lunasysmgr compiled? I'm not fully programming literate, but the Tweaks 3.0 update only seems to add variables. Will this be able to implement the kind of changes we have seen in videos such as the side gesture?
Calls can probably be integrated into LunaSysMgr to Tweaks, and all the new features will have to be compiled into one file/packs or into modules. Settings will work better with a separate settings app than Tweaks, though. (The previous is speculation. I'm not involved with WebOS Internals.)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: R_E
Old 07/28/2012, 05:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Rod or other,

Preferences Support - WebOS-Ports
Old 07/28/2012, 05:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
R_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
So if i understand this correctly, the Preferences support added to tweaks is a method of controlling modifications that have already been compiled into the LunaSysMgr and added in some other way?
R_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/2012, 05:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
So if i understand this correctly, the Preferences support added to tweaks is a method of controlling modifications that have already been compiled into the LunaSysMgr and added in some other way?
That would be correct, compile in the changes then expose the values via Tweaks.
Thanked By: R_E

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0