webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Webos being ported to HTC hero
Webos being ported to HTC hero
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By innocentbystander
  • 1 Post By jdlashley

Old 07/20/2012, 01:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

There was a project to port webos onto the htc hero. XDA-Developers working on webOS port to HTC Hero
But im guessing they shut down the project so i am wondering if a group of devs would like help me port webos to the hero after the release of open webos 1.0
mrmarquis9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/2012, 09:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

How similar is a Hero to an EVO? I have an EVO. Hope to get it running there. (The EVO is at least a little bit similar to the Pre3)
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/2012, 09:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

HTC Hero Spec

HTC Hero S Spec

HTC EVO 3D Spec

Just so we know what we're talking about here...

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/21/2012, 10:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

i have a hero and would love to see openwebos on it. mostly because its pretty unusable with the version of android.
Old 07/21/2012, 12:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

This project was a fraud, just so everyone knows. The guy took screenshots of webOS, pulled them up on his Hero, and took pictures. Read the original thread.
innocentbystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by dignitary likes this.
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 08/18/2012, 05:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

k so the project was fraud but whats preventing us from porting webos on the hero when open webos comes out?
Old 08/18/2012, 07:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Right now, people can't find out because OW isn't out yet.

I don't know of any glaring barriers...
xandros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/18/2012, 10:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
k so the project was fraud but whats preventing us from porting webos on the hero when open webos comes out?
The fact that the hardware is going to be 4 years old might be a bit of a turn-off for some....
Thanked By: xandros9
Old 08/20/2012, 09:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
The fact that the hardware is going to be 4 years old might be a bit of a turn-off for some....
i understand this but i did port ics to my old htc hero and i know webos takes less resources than android so there is a chance maybe i will attempt to port it
Old 08/22/2012, 01:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

its a shame this was a fraud. I guess my Hero will continue its life in the back of my "unloved and unused" technology drawer.
Old 08/24/2012, 02:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
i understand this but i did port ics to my old htc hero and i know webos takes less resources than android so there is a chance maybe i will attempt to port it
Tell us how you know this, because some of us would be interested to know the procedure you used to determine an objective comparison of resource usage between the two platforms. Assuming you had a methodology to determine the hard facts and can provide actual data points and benchmarks that objectively show that this is true, then do post them so the webOS community can see them.

Otherwise, it's not something you know; it's something you feel. Do back up the claim with actual data before or at the same time that you make it.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furture, hero, porting

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0