1.    #1  
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbYX0-5fddM[/YT]
    As I was just watching the video above and thinking about the webOS-games ported to MeeGo as well: Wouldn't a N900 be the best choice for those who have to decide for a new device for contract-reasons while hoping for Open webOS on their devices?
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    and here's the tutorial for installing webOS on a Nokia N900:
    http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=35

Using Google I have found a German forum with a more detailed discussion of how to do it:
    Nokia N900 WebOs 1.4.5 installieren Anleitung+Video

But I'd be interested more in the other way: running Maemo/Meego on my TouchPad (as 3rd OS).
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    I think nokia will actually be a main contender for open webOS
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    I don't think so, because as far as I know Nokia has dropped Maemo/Meego more or less. In my opinion Tizen and Firefox OS are the main contenders because both are backed by many big companies (at least according to the press releases ^^)
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    it needs a cellphone
    I played with a 900 at an ATT store
    it would greatly benefit from WebOs
    Nokia makes great cellphones, but MS' mobile solutions seem lame compared to WebOs & keeping Symbian for the 808 seems an act of perversity
    I'd love to see WebOs on the new Nokia's & would probably get one to compliment my Veer
    I love my N900,It's still powerful.And I know N900 is not the Lumia900.
    in my opinion , porting openwebOS on N900 is a bad idea . This device il very very old !!!!

We must watch forward , always forward and try to work with recent devices on the market
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    in my opinion , porting openwebOS on N900 is a bad idea . This device il very very old !!!!

We must watch forward , always forward and try to work with recent devices on the market
    I don't think so. N900 is some kinda similar to N9, and N9 is a shiny new piece of hw. And N900 has many programs for multiboot already created so it'll be easier right there!!!
    The N900 is a beast, no doubt, but I think webOS wouldn't work that well with all the gestures on that touchscreen.
    hardware looks dated to me. I think you gotta be able to put it on the latest hardware or it's not worth it. gotta get it on what people are currently buying. I've read that that's not feasible. But to me that's a massive problem.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.