webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Anyone able to make custom webOS CE?
Anyone able to make custom webOS CE?

Old 07/05/2012, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Has anyone been able to make webos CE customly with the make custom command? I keep getting an error regarding glib-2.0. First it couldn't find it and now I get the error "cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/glib-2.0" is unsafe for cross-compilation" I have no clue how to fix it. This is a Wubi install that is totally upgraded.
carguy303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2012, 03:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

No i havent eve tried doing it yet. Noone will answer me if i have to set the number of cores to 2 or not for the touchpad when i get to this step.

Start the build. This is as simple as cd'ing into the woce-build directory and running make or if you have multiple cores make -j<number of cores here>
d0u8l3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2012, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
No i havent eve tried doing it yet. Noone will answer me if i have to set the number of cores to 2 or not for the touchpad when i get to this step.

Start the build. This is as simple as cd'ing into the woce-build directory and running make or if you have multiple cores make -j<number of cores here>
Thats for your computer. Not the touchpad. So for me its make -j8 because my computer has 8 cores.
Thanked By: NpManny
Old 07/05/2012, 03:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy303 View Post
Thats for your computer. Not the touchpad. So for me its make -j8 because my computer has 8 cores.
So with my Quad i7 do i put 4 or 8 since it has 8 threads?
Old 07/05/2012, 04:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

That just sets up how many concurrent processes to run. One would end up being faster than the other. I don't really know how the 8 thread thing works, but give it a shot.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: NpManny
Old 07/05/2012, 05:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
That just sets up how many concurrent processes to run. One would end up being faster than the other. I don't really know how the 8 thread thing works, but give it a shot.
Thanks for the info guys i will definitely try tonight after i study for my chem final -___- its funny how i can ace my programming classes but chemistry no matter how hard i try just dosnt click....</rant>

Carguy i will be sure to let you know if i get any errors. Also the files that are on the github now they incorporate the latest additions correct? I cant wait to try out the new gestures and tabs.
Old 07/05/2012, 09:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

the regular git hub is not that is why you have to try make custom. It just doesn't work.
Old 07/05/2012, 10:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
the regular git hub is not that is why you have to try make custom. It just doesn't work.
i just tried a custom one with ShiftyAxels tree and i get this

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/manny/woce/woce-build/packages/sysmgr/luna-sysmgr'
Makefile:46: *** target pattern contains no `%'. Stop.

=[
Old 07/05/2012, 11:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

somehow i got it to build correctly but when i go to install it it dosnt include any of the patches not sure what im doing wrong
Old 07/06/2012, 02:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

The build might automatically be downloading the original woce version, and not using the extra one you downloaded.
dukiedrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/2012, 07:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

npmanny did you change the path of the command to send the file to the touchpad or did you just use the stock command because the custom build builds to build/custom/armv7 instead of just build. And are you using 32 or 64 bit ubuntu because I still get the glib error with 64 bit.
Old 07/06/2012, 10:41 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
npmanny did you change the path of the command to send the file to the touchpad or did you just use the stock command because the custom build builds to build/custom/armv7 instead of just build. And are you using 32 or 64 bit ubuntu because I still get the glib error with 64 bit.
yea i changed the path and it just refuses to use the new one or it isnt implementing any of the changes. And im using Mint 13 64-bit whick is basicly ubuntu with a different gui im gonna try is again sometime this weekend. Im moving back to my dorm tomorrow so hopefully ill have some downtime to screw with it after i unpack.

I havent gotten the glib error tho did you install that package that the instructions said 64-bit systems need? Maybe try reinstalling it.
Old 07/06/2012, 01:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

In order to build a custom lsm you must either copy the different files manually to your cloned git hub or clone one of the branches instead of the stock lsm. The number of cores thing is usually not needed as it will normally use what is available and this is a small build and doesn't take long anyway. The glib error is because you don't have the 32 bit libs installed in your 64 bit linux install (see build directions). If you have no idea what any of this stuff means I suggest you wait until the release a binary installed via preware or something. Remember this woce lsm breaks full screen flash and any pdk app so is not yet ready for prime time anyway...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
creepingmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/2012, 01:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
In order to build a custom lsm you must either copy the different files manually to your cloned git hub or clone one of the branches instead of the stock lsm. The number of cores thing is usually not needed as it will normally use what is available and this is a small build and doesn't take long anyway. The glib error is because you don't have the 32 bit libs installed in your 64 bit linux install (see build directions). If you have no idea what any of this stuff means I suggest you wait until the release a binary installed via preware or something. Remember this woce lsm breaks full screen flash and any pdk app so is not yet ready for prime time anyway...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
I did install the 32 bit libs though. I don't think the error I'm getting is related to not having them.
Old 07/07/2012, 11:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

If you guys want to build a custom one, try this repo/tree:
https://github.com/ShiftyAxel/LunaSy...one-rolo-combo

It's my personal one, basically a combo of all my finished modifications. Pull it down with git clone as you would any other repo.
In terms of actual compilation, you need to modify wore-build/config/custom.mk to point to the correct LunaSysMgr source directory. After that just run'make custom -j<n>', where <n> is the number of threads you want it to use.

So, on my dual-core i5 that hyperthreads up to 4 cores, I would run 'make custom -j4'.
Though what I actually use, and throughly recommend, is the WOCE Build Environment. It's a VM setup to compile from a folder in the host OS via shares, I have mine configured with 2 cores, so i actually run 'make custom -j2'.

Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 07/07/2012 at 11:54 AM.
ShiftyAxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/08/2012, 01:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

My problem is just that glib doesn't seem to be getting called correctly which is strange because just make vs. make custom works fine.
Old 07/08/2012, 02:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
My problem is just that glib doesn't seem to be getting called correctly which is strange because just make vs. make custom works fine.
Have you tried using the WOCE Build Environment?
Old 07/08/2012, 06:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
Have you tried using the WOCE Build Environment?
I'm running on a 16 gb SSD so it really isn't an option. My computer has less space than my touchpad
Old 07/08/2012, 08:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

My build directory alone is 4gigs, without the Luna source code. Luna src build folder is 111mb. Might be a wee difficult to squeeze our currently existing setup as well as your OS and all that onto a 16gig drive. Probably easier than getting a computer I have here with a 40MB hard drive running linux, but not exactly super easy.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/08/2012, 10:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

I just bit the bullet and reinstalled ubuntu but this time in 32 bit varient and it almost worked straight out of the box. Had to run the make custom command twice because first time through it errored out. Oh well, it works now. Thanks for the help!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0