webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Webos..........Amazing.
Webos..........Amazing.
Like Tree12Likes
  • 6 Post By murphdrums
  • 2 Post By k4ever
  • 2 Post By danilo2k
  • 1 Post By mattmayatt
  • 1 Post By gargoylejps

Old 06/21/2012, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

I was a happy owner of an original Palm Pre, I used to have various Treo devices before that. After my two year contract was up I decided to move over to a Galaxy S2 andriod. Many reasons for that really. Main one being HP had just dropped the Pre and Touchstone and I had had enough really of hanging on waiting for things.
Now, the Galaxy is great but I did miss things from the Pre. With time I just got used to things on the Galaxy.
Recently I broke the screen on the Galaxy and while it's away getting repaired I have dug out the Pre.
What can I say? Fantastic......Why o why did webos never take off??? I know the answer but I wish it had, I hope it still will.
It is a joy to use, yes it's slower and can't compete with the modern apps etc but as a phone and email client etc.....untouchable.
I really do hope that webos takes off and at least makes it onto a tablet device again if nothing else.
I miss webos!!!!!!!!!!
murphdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, sq5, Jakeeeee and 3 others like this.
Thanked by Garfonso, Rnp
Old 06/21/2012, 04:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

This
Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2012, 12:21 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
I was a happy owner of an original Palm Pre, I used to have various Treo devices before that. After my two year contract was up I decided to move over to a Galaxy S2 andriod. Many reasons for that really. Main one being HP had just dropped the Pre and Touchstone and I had had enough really of hanging on waiting for things.
Now, the Galaxy is great but I did miss things from the Pre. With time I just got used to things on the Galaxy.
Recently I broke the screen on the Galaxy and while it's away getting repaired I have dug out the Pre.
What can I say? Fantastic......Why o why did webos never take off??? I know the answer but I wish it had, I hope it still will.
It is a joy to use, yes it's slower and can't compete with the modern apps etc but as a phone and email client etc.....untouchable.
I really do hope that webos takes off and at least makes it onto a tablet device again if nothing else.
I miss webos!!!!!!!!!!
I'm with you on this. I switched from my Sprint Pre to an HTC EVO 3D. The Pre was pretty beat up after two trips overseas. Last week I saw an article on how to update the Sprint Pre to webOS 2.1. Decided to reactivate the Pre and play around with the update. I don't want to go back to EVO 3D. I will keep it around as my back up phone and make the Pre primary again. I was even contemplating buying a Pre 2 to make a frankenpre.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
k4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Grabber5.0 and sq5 like this.
Old 06/22/2012, 07:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

WebOS was incredibly advanced 3 years ago, and still is today!! i cannot see another OS so simple to use yet so powerful!i am with webos, because things will get better soon.I have this inner feeling that webos will spring to a new life very soon. Long life to WebOS!
danilo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by cujoq37 and sq5 like this.
Old 06/22/2012, 07:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
I'm with you on this. I switched from my Sprint Pre to an HTC EVO 3D. The Pre was pretty beat up after two trips overseas. Last week I saw an article on how to update the Sprint Pre to webOS 2.1. Decided to reactivate the Pre and play around with the update. I don't want to go back to EVO 3D. I will keep it around as my back up phone and make the Pre primary again. I was even contemplating buying a Pre 2 to make a frankenpre.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
If you like the Sprint Pre running 2.1, you'd definitely enjoy a frankenpre2.
ArchonAdvisors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2012, 07:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

Get a Pre3 , I bought one after getting a Touchpad in the fire sale, its been the best phone I have ever had (sold my galaxy S2 to pay for the pre 3).
I've only been with WebOS since the fire sale but I really love it , hope it gets a new lease of life with the advent of Open WebOS.
My bro recently bought a Touchpad and a Pre2 after seeing how good WebOS is and hasn't looked back.
mattmayatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by cujoq37 likes this.
Old 06/22/2012, 08:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphdrums View Post
I miss webos!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, but maybe a word of praise besides "untouchable" would work better!
grappler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2012, 10:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

I still use my original Pre on Sprint. It's getting quite creaky and The Pre3 for Sprint was never released. Which got me to wondering-- Is it possible to install webOS on another device?
RWCleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2012, 10:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

Absolutely concur. Got an android phone after my Pre+ had taken too much of a beating (much more due to me than the phone). However, I have to resist the urge to throw it against the wall pretty much every morning. Thing is, when you're used to what webOS does so well, you don't really realize how great it is until you're stuck trying to do something that is practically seamless in webOS, but takes a half-dozen steps in another OS. Oh well, here's praying and hoping webOS can rise like the phoenix from the ashes.

Gargoyle
gargoylejps is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Garfonso likes this.
Old 06/22/2012, 10:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoylejps View Post
... here's praying and hoping webOS can rise like the phoenix from the ashes.

Gargoyle
I think I might have said something to this effect in the past, but the name "Fawkes" should be given to the first webOS 'blessed' device that comes out after open source webOS comes out.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2012, 10:59 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWCleary View Post
I still use my original Pre on Sprint. It's getting quite creaky and The Pre3 for Sprint was never released. Which got me to wondering-- Is it possible to install webOS on another device?
I read here that the webOS-Internals gurus got droids, I hope they make a path to load open-webOS on the droid hardware, and make it work on the native service for the phone.

Maybe wishful thinking, but that's all we have had for some time anyway.
Old 06/22/2012, 01:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
If you like the Sprint Pre running 2.1, you'd definitely enjoy a frankenpre2.
Absolutely agree. The frankenpre was well worth the time spent doing the conversion. My Frankepre's glass cracked after a nasty fall but I still use it and it still works fine. If I wasn't on Sprint I would be sporting a pre3 right now. Alas, I can't justify the switch monetarily.
intron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2012, 05:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

God I want to dual boot webos on my lumia 900.
toyotast165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2012, 12:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

Do the FrankenPre2!!
davidtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2012, 05:27 PM   #15 (permalink)

Not a WebOS user but honestly its the one OS I like other than the one I am using.
BoldPreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2012, 09:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

I always say choose a phone based on which one does the things you do the most the best.

So if you are watching videos and video chat etc, you mostly use your phone for browsing, then probly an iphone or one of the new big screen LTE is best.

If you are like me and mostly use it for calls, texting, email, some podcasting and music then webos can't be beat
laingman is online now   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0