webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Isis test requests
Isis test requests
Like Tree3Likes

Old 06/15/2012, 03:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hey guys. I have Isis running in a virtual machine on Ubuntu. No, I have no idea if it's even remotely possible to hook it into an existing webOS setup, and I'm not even going to pursue that at the moment.

But, I thought I would query people for sites that they'd like me to check and see if they work. I can compare them on 3.0.5 and Isis on Ubuntu.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2012, 07:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Please go to Börse Frankfurt and see if the site blurs every few seconds. This is the case on the current webOS 3.0.5 because it is (somehow) periodically losing the connection to the browser-process.
ChLange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2012, 09:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
Hey guys. I have Isis running in a virtual machine on Ubuntu. No, I have no idea if it's even remotely possible to hook it into an existing webOS setup, and I'm not even going to pursue that at the moment.

But, I thought I would query people for sites that they'd like me to check and see if they work. I can compare them on 3.0.5 and Isis on Ubuntu.
How are floating headers and footers working on pages when scrolling on Isis, compared to 3.0.5 stock browser, where they don't stick when you scroll and reposition themselves afterwards? I think twitter.com might be a good example.
jcerwinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2012, 09:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

The Acid3 Test
Old 06/15/2012, 01:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChLange View Post
Please go to Börse Frankfurt and see if the site blurs every few seconds. This is the case on the current webOS 3.0.5 because it is (somehow) periodically losing the connection to the browser-process.
There's something really wrong with this site -- it looks fine in Isis, as well as in Opera, and Chrome, however it never stops loading in any of them, and it looks like it's doing something really nasty causing a huge memory overload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcerwinske View Post
How are floating headers and footers working on pages when scrolling on Isis, compared to 3.0.5 stock browser, where they don't stick when you scroll and reposition themselves afterwards? I think twitter.com might be a good example.
Only thing I notice weird about twitter on 3.0.5, is a weird black bar that appears sometimes in the scrolling area when scrolling, but it usually goes away after a few seconds. That bar doesn't seem to be a problem on Isis. Know any better examples?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
ACID3 score = 100/100

html5test.com score: 315 + 15
Parsing rules: 11, Canvas: 20, Video: 21 + 8 (no subtitles), Audio: 20 + 5, Elements: 25/30 (partial Text-level semantic elements, partial interactive elements), Forms: 79/108 (no calendar inputs), User Interaction: 1/37 (no drag-and-drop or HTML editing), History and Navigation: 5, Microdata: 0/15, web apps: 15/20 (no scheme handlers, content handlers, search providers), security: 10/15 (no seamless iframe), various: 4/6 (no scoped style element), location functions: 0/20, webGL: 10/25 (i did not build with webGL support, it should work however), Communication 35/37 (partial XMLHttpReq Level 2), File APIs: 10/20 (no filesystem API), storage: 15/20 (no IndexedDB), web workers: 15, local multimedia: 0/20 (no camera API), Other: 7

Speed test is probably largely irrelevant, since I'm running it inside a Linux VM on my quad-core 3.5ghz, but I'm running it anyway. MP4/Theora/WebM videos seem to work, alhough the webM seems quite jerky, compared to the other two, that could be entirely situational, too. Scored a 1094 on Peacekeeper, passing all tests except webGL (since i didn't build with webGL support), although again, this score is largely irrelevant to compare to our TouchPads. (it's a little scary that a Galaxy S3 scores almost 700 on it, and my PC scores only a bit over 1200 using Chrome)
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Liked by Grabber5.0 likes this.
Old 06/15/2012, 02:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post

Only thing I notice weird about twitter on 3.0.5, is a weird black bar that appears sometimes in the scrolling area when scrolling, but it usually goes away after a few seconds. That bar doesn't seem to be a problem on Isis. Know any better examples?
Facebook's website has a similar floating header, and shoryuken.com has a floating footer. Do these both properly stay docked to the top or bottom of the screen, respectively, while scrolling?

Also, did you have to do much to modify the build scripts on github to get it to work? I tried to build Isis a couple months ago, and was able to get it to initially launch, but when I tried to actually go to a website, it'd segfault. Wondering if you had to do some of your own editing, or engage in some additional steps on your own.

Maybe it's time to try again...
Old 06/15/2012, 02:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Only crash that I've seen so far is when hitting the "New Window" button, it freezes the existing window. It took modifying one of the include files for me to get it to build, for some reason one of the include files that is apparently supposed to be generated during the build process doesn't get built .. I posted details on the developer.palm.com forum under the Open webOS Browser forum.

Looks like these toolbars that are supposed to stick aren't really done particularly well, and as such, none of them seem to stick. My guess is that it's somewhere in the scrolling code in the BrowserServer or BrowserAdapter, rather than in WebKit though.
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 06/15/2012, 02:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Starting the browser:

Quote:
[email protected]:~/src/isis/isis-project$ ./run.sh
/home/jcerwinske/src/isis/staging/lib
Killing zombie BrowserServers
Starting BrowserServer
** (process:808): DEBUG: FT_New_Face for /home/jcerwinske/src/isis/staging/lib/fonts/Lohit-Devanagari.ttf failed with index 0 : 1
** (process:808): DEBUG: FT_New_Face for /home/jcerwinske/src/isis/staging/lib/fonts/Lohit-Bengali.ttf failed with index 0 : 1
** (process:808): DEBUG: FT_New_Face for /home/jcerwinske/src/isis/staging/lib/fonts/Lohit-Tamil.ttf failed with index 0 : 1
** (process:808): DEBUG: FT_New_Face for /home/jcerwinske/src/isis/staging/lib/fonts/NanumMyeongjio.ttf failed with index 0 : 1
** (process:808): DEBUG: webOS::WebSettings::initSettings
** (process:808): DEBUG: webOS::WebSettings::loading settings from: /home/jcerwinske/.isis/conf/BrowserServer.conf
** (process:808): DEBUG: BrowserServer compiled against Qt 4.8.1, running on 4.8.1
** (BrowserServer:808): DEBUG: webOS::WebSettings::initWebSettings
** (BrowserServer:808): DEBUG: Initializing WebKit.
** (BrowserServer:808): DEBUG: Adding plugin watchData for '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins'
Can't call inotify_add_watchData: No such file or directory

** (BrowserServer:808): WARNING **: Unable to initialize plugin directory watcher
Looks like those 4 fonts aren't present in that path, but I don't think that's causing the crashes.

Browser comes up though, then I try to go to, say Google and hit enter:

Quote:
ERROR: Invalid browser function table. Some functionality may be restricted.

(process:809): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.30.0/./gobject/gtype.c:2708: You forgot to call g_type_init()

(process:809): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.30.0/./gobject/gtype.c:2708: You forgot to call g_type_init()

(process:809): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_interface_add_prerequisite: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_INTERFACE (interface_type)' failed

(process:809): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `initialization_value != 0' failed

(process:809): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(process:809): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `initialization_value != 0' failed

(process:809): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed
./run.sh: line 54: 809 Segmentation fault $DEBUGGER./isis-test -platform xlib $URL
Stopping BrowserServer
SIGTERM received. Shutting down...
[email protected]:~/src/isis/isis-project$ java version "1.6.0_23"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11pre) (6b23~pre11-0ubuntu1.11.10.2)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b11, mixed mode)
Thought it was odd that it executes 'java -version' automatically when it crashes....

Last edited by jcerwinske; 06/15/2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06/15/2012, 03:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

No idea on that, looks like it's blowing up in Gnome/GTK somewhere. Not sure if the QT stuff is routed thru GTK somehow, or otherwise why it would be using GTK. I note that your java version is coming after the script stops running, so it doesn't look like it's related to Isis..
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 06/15/2012, 08:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

Eblade I like your spirit and enthusiasm.

I'd love to see if one can upload files to pogoplug using the browser but I will need to wait until openWebOS to see (I currently can do this on desktop browsers but not chromium in the linux install on the touchpad; also can do this with android app, but not on ios app or webos app
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2012, 09:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

There was a thread about what would be necessary to add that to the webOS. Browser over on the developer forum, it seems pretty unlikely that this has file upload support. At the very least there would need to be ui added for it to route to the normal WebKit file upload.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 06/15/2012, 10:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

Yeah, I was really disappointed with Ben's reply about that topic (probably the *only* reply I have ever seen on the issue). I don't care what it takes - they needed to make it happen. It is a basic browser function. Maybe now that the browser is open source someone will finally make it happen. After having to use two different functions to post to my server depending on whether I'm attaching a file or not, I suspect it will take a lot of work.
Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2012, 01:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Honestly, that particular feature sounded like something that someone who is knowledgeable in how WebKit works as well as how WebOS works, wouldn't be exceptionally difficult to implement. It would be a nice function to have, although honestly, it would be even nicer, if we had apps that just dealt with that for all the things we'd want to use it on But we don't .. so, I think that's something that really should be implemented.

Without knowing how the internals to everything work at this particular time, my guess would be that instead of opening an operating system file dialog, we'd need to have the browse button either trigger a function call in the browser app (like, say, a request for login credentials does) to open a File UI, then pass it back the selected file .. or have it actually directly CrossAppUI a Enyo file dialog and pass it back.

Any more URLs?
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 06/16/2012, 02:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

I'll PM you one

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2012, 03:26 AM   #15 (permalink)

Thanks eblade.

How about BBC Sport? I usually get the scrim of death whenever I browse any of the pages with video...

BBC Sport - Euro 2012: Walcott's impact was 'enormous' - Roy Hodgson
Isandunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2012, 05:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isandunk View Post
Thanks eblade.

How about BBC Sport? I usually get the scrim of death whenever I browse any of the pages with video...

BBC Sport - Euro 2012: Walcott's impact was 'enormous' - Roy Hodgson
I can hear audio on it, video is non functioning, otherwise it seems to be working. I would suspect that that may be a problem on device, due to memory limitations, it looks like the page is trying to load the whole video ... just speculation, though.
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 06/16/2012, 09:34 AM   #17 (permalink)

It would be great if it worked with Guacamole Guacamole - HTML5 Clientless Remote Desktop. If it's truely html5 compatible it should, but the WebOS browsers would display a black window. Works fine in every other browser I tried.

Sorry I don't have a site to point you to but you should be able to run it on Linux.
Old 06/16/2012, 09:41 AM   #18 (permalink)

Untangle Forums has a floaty button for "Support" that doesn't work right in the stock browser....
johnsonx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2012, 02:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
Untangle Forums has a floaty button for "Support" that doesn't work right in the stock browser....
For some reason or other, the "Fixed" element does not work, even though that is actually done properly. My guess is that this is something in BrowserServer or BrowserAdapter related to scrolling, that would likely need to be addressed somehow or other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
It would be great if it worked with Guacamole Guacamole - HTML5 Clientless Remote Desktop. If it's truely html5 compatible it should, but the WebOS browsers would display a black window. Works fine in every other browser I tried.

Sorry I don't have a site to point you to but you should be able to run it on Linux.
I don't really have time at the moment to install stuff and mess with it, but I'll see what I can come up with later.
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 06/16/2012, 03:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

I'll throw file upload support to my list along with customer user-agent.
dkirker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by geekpeter and eblade like this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0