webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > porting webos to the galaxy s3??
porting webos to the galaxy s3??
Like Tree3Likes

Old 09/11/2012, 11:40 AM   #21 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
the TPad autoselect learns you as you type . If you hit the backspace button when a word is corrected it will change the underlined word back and give it red underlining . Then tap on that word and select it on the far right. Now your TPad will auto correct any time you type that word again and misspell it . Its really a great feature in the TPad if you use it properly.
Time, Brother... That takes time and concentration away from the actual job being done: typing. Android has similar. It in no way replaces an actual, physical keyboard and the correct scansion used to ascertain accuracy. It adds two layers of task to the goal.

YMMV.

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/12/2012, 06:38 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
Time, Brother... That takes time and concentration away from the actual job being done: typing. Android has similar. It in no way replaces an actual, physical keyboard and the correct scansion used to ascertain accuracy. It adds two layers of task to the goal.

YMMV.
I'm with you on this, I'm far quicker and more accurate on my Pre3 keyboard than I ever was on any virtual keyboard. Surprised people don't remember this from back when T9 and a standad 12 key keyboard were common place on phone and texts were lightning fast.

Ah well, I'll be keeping my Pre3s but (getting this thread back on topic), I am looking to get a Galaxy Note 2 which has the same ARM based chipset as the S3 so a port of webOS would be very welcome. In theory it'll take over from my TouchPad as I've always wondered what effect more powerful hardware would have on webOS (plus I want a stylus as I have sausage fingers)
webOSnomad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
galaxy s, samsung, webos

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0