webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > SUGGESTION: Photo Synergy
SUGGESTION: Photo Synergy
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rnp

Old 06/06/2012, 05:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

I'm sure one or more talented developers could whip up a "photo synergy" service. The service would be a photo upload/ sharing service la instagram or picplz, but exclusive to webOS devices, and fully integrated into webOS with synergy plugins, for example photo upload for the Photos app, and quick reply to comments via messages. I understand it would be hard to make and probably costly, but it would be another good differentiator for open webOS, IMO.
immovablesoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2012, 05:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

Why does it have to be exclusive to webOS devices?
johnnygewitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2012, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
Why does it have to be exclusive to webOS devices?
There are already services available I guess- To me this sounds like something in the vein of Apple's iCloud and Photo Stream, which would definitely be cool to have for webOS. Why not add it to the Open Source Ideas Hub?
Old 06/06/2012, 03:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rnp

I just need one thing: upload from Photos, automatically copy and leave visible some short link do share.

There is some option like this?

Best Regards...
Liked by Jakeeeee likes this.
Old 06/09/2012, 06:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

There is a patch in Preware that enables Photo Synergy, but it's only a library so we need apps to make use of that.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/13/2012, 03:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

I thought the whole point of Synergy was to use 3rd party cloud services?

I would just like to see more options for photo synergy services, like Picasa, Flickr, etc.
rmausser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/13/2012, 04:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

and even dropbox. I had some pictures I loaded up to dropbox, and tried to view using the pictures app on my touchpad. Apparently, only documents are synched to the touchpad as far as I can tell.

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
suprolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/13/2012, 05:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have often wondered why no one made an app and/or a patch for Photobucket. I'm still on a Pre+, so maybe things are different for the later devices, but for 1.4.5 at least the uploading part is already built in to WebOS. Every picture has the menu option to upload to Photobucket. It would be great to expand on that.
katefields is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: bill2455
Old 06/14/2012, 06:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprolla View Post
and even dropbox. I had some pictures I loaded up to dropbox, and tried to view using the pictures app on my touchpad. Apparently, only documents are synched to the touchpad as far as I can tell.
Buy the app Dropboxify HD, it lets you view every file in your dropbox.
rmausser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2012, 07:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katefields View Post
I have often wondered why no one made an app and/or a patch for Photobucket. I'm still on a Pre+, so maybe things are different for the later devices, but for 1.4.5 at least the uploading part is already built in to WebOS. Every picture has the menu option to upload to Photobucket. It would be great to expand on that.
katefields,

Thank you for reminding me of the obvious. I've been using snapfish to synch photos from my digital camera to my touchpad via an eye-fi card in the camera. Works just fine. But I thought I had nothing to synch photos from my Pre2 camera to the touchpad (I don't want my pix on FB) until I read your post. Now I upload photos from the Pre2 to my new photobucket account and they synch to the touchpad via synergy. I would have preferred that HP add snapfish synergy to webos on my phone but I know that's not likely.

Thank you.
bill2455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2012, 12:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2455 View Post
katefields,

Thank you for reminding me of the obvious. I've been using snapfish to synch photos from my digital camera to my touchpad via an eye-fi card in the camera. Works just fine. But I thought I had nothing to synch photos from my Pre2 camera to the touchpad (I don't want my pix on FB) until I read your post. Now I upload photos from the Pre2 to my new photobucket account and they synch to the touchpad via synergy. I would have preferred that HP add snapfish synergy to webos on my phone but I know that's not likely.

Thank you.
We might be able to work out Snapfish and others support for Synergy when we get more of the open source bits Synergy is one of the best bits of webOS, Apple only just started with it's integration in new iOS, so webOS was way ahead of the others already in 2009!

The problem with Synergy currently is that it really lacks proper documentation
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2012, 03:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

So people are ignoring my post...

OPEN Preware and type in Synergy. Now install the patch for Photo Synergy. That patch allows apps to take advantage of photo synergy.
Or to better understand it: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...y-enabler.html
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2012, 04:44 AM   #13 (permalink)

I would like to see photos and videos automatically upload to an online site (preferably any big ones) once taken. Perhaps 5 minutes after created giving you a chance to edit/delete bad photos. And an option to only upload when connected to wifi.

Am I wrong in thinking that webOS does not have this option?
i2y4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2012, 07:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
We might be able to work out Snapfish and others support for Synergy when we get more of the open source bits Synergy is one of the best bits of webOS, Apple only just started with it's integration in new iOS, so webOS was way ahead of the others already in 2009!

The problem with Synergy currently is that it really lacks proper documentation
Most of the documentation is available in the "Account Manager" section of the developer.palm.com site. Without actually having figured out much of the stuff, already, I'd have never been able to locate it. So, that's kind of bad. On the other hand, actually figuring out what data to pipe into the databases has taken quite some effort.

So, the problem -now-, is that some of the apps are not complete in their Synergy support -- such as the broken Photos app that needs a patch to allow 3rd party, who knows if Video Upload is even there any more, as a Synergy service, and add on top of that, that the only synergy connectors allowed for submission into the catalog are:

Mail, Messaging (IM), Contacts, Calendar

That leaves a lot of Synergy services that are used in the system that cannot have app implementations, regardless of if their respective apps actually have support that works. Photos, Photo Upload, Video Upload, Telephone, Memos, Documents, I believe there are some more that I'm not thinking of at the moment. So, those have to be done via Preware, if they can be done at all (ie the app suport for them works).

As well, since the catalog uses a whitelist filter, apparently, rather than a blacklist filter, that precludes someone building new synergy services. (i'm going to ask on that, though, because i'm not entirely positive .. I suppose I could try to submit a test app with some kind of custom connector setup though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
So people are ignoring my post...

OPEN Preware and type in Synergy. Now install the patch for Photo Synergy. That patch allows apps to take advantage of photo synergy.
Or to better understand it: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...y-enabler.html
Yes, and the author of that has actually made some photo synergy connectors as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
I would like to see photos and videos automatically upload to an online site (preferably any big ones) once taken. Perhaps 5 minutes after created giving you a chance to edit/delete bad photos. And an option to only upload when connected to wifi.

Am I wrong in thinking that webOS does not have this option?
Apps could be done that would do that, but its not built in. Someone could relatively easily write their own camera app that can do this.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Garfonso
Old 07/05/2012, 08:08 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2455 View Post
katefields,

Thank you.
Cool! Glad I could help (albeit unwittingly).
katefields is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0