webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Help me to understand this - Touchpad resets by itself...
Help me to understand this - Touchpad resets by itself...

Old 06/03/2012, 02:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ok I have been on holiday for 2-3 weeks. I got home and the Touchpad has run out of juice as expected. I did not use it while I was away. I place it on the touchstone and when it boots it says the Touchpad needs to restart. After the restart I am told I need to resync all data/accounts again.

I was running the latest OS (3.0.5) and after the resyncing LOADS of my apps are now missing. The local data seems to be present, but no homebrew stuff is there (I'm not talking about patches but also preware for example and a lot more apps) as well as games, other free and paid apps etc...

*** has happened? I am really confused and I am not getting all my apps back.
Shall I do another reset?

Vas
VasTheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/2012, 04:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

You probably have to download your apps manually (just find them from App Catalog and download them again). No idea what would have happened. Someone else said they had weird "need to restart" problems too.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/2012, 04:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
You probably have to download your apps manually (just find them from App Catalog and download them again). No idea what would have happened. Someone else said they had weird "need to restart" problems too.
Is there a way to find out all the apps I have bought?

Thanks
Vas
Old 06/04/2012, 11:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

HP I seriously HATE you !!!! I have to get all my apps one by one by going through all the email receipts I got. And I have a LOT !!! Why isn't the catalogue sync working?

Vas
Old 06/04/2012, 06:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

I had the same thing happen to me a few days ago. I went through the hassle of reloading apps, preware and home brew only to find out some patches wouldn't load. I ended up doctoring it and all is well. Not really good news but I would suggest saving the time and just doctoring it now.
jkromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: VasTheGreek
Old 06/04/2012, 08:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
HP I seriously HATE you !!!! I have to get all my apps one by one by going through all the email receipts I got. And I have a LOT !!! Why isn't the catalogue sync working?

Vas
If you didn't do a first-run setup it won't automatically load your purchased apps. Which reminds me, if you don't care about cleaning up duplicates and getting your settings restored to when it was last backed up, try running the First Use app again. Run app with id com.palm.app.firstuse, and it'll remove your Palm Profile from the TP (normal). Just run it through again and it'll restore everything.

(I'm not responsible if you get screwed up data by following the above. If needed, tar up /var and back it up to your computer.)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: VasTheGreek

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0