webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Phoenix devices
Phoenix devices
Like Tree55Likes

Old 05/31/2012, 03:26 PM   #21 (permalink)

I am encouraged that there are those out there who are committed to WebOS, and I will not be bashing them for dreaming.

I have learned that it's easy to criticize, especially when you don't know what's going on. I also know that relentless criticism kills many good projects. What would have happened at HP if they had trusted the dreamers instead of the "SHOW ME SOMETHING NOW" people?

Phoenix (and others out there), keep dreaming. True WebOS fans are behind you.

Gee, did I offend somebody?
Fisack23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Garfonso
Old 05/31/2012, 04:58 PM   #22 (permalink)

OHHHHH SNAP! It's starting to sound a lot like Derek got Chris3illiams'd!
astark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/2012, 05:42 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astark View Post
OHHHHH SNAP! It's starting to sound a lot like Derek got Chris3illiams'd!
What does that mean?
johnnygewitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2012, 01:36 AM   #24 (permalink)

I really don't know what the fuzz is all about here.

These people are just setting up shop. They probably don't tell us anything because there is not yet anything to tell.

Let them have their go on the WebOS thingie. If they fail, they fail, so what? If they crack the nutshell and head for success, all the better.

I don't understand why people argue here as if they are afraid for their well being or feel threatened by this exercise.

Every company started out as a bunch of people with an idea. Maybe this is what we are watching. Maybe it is not.
I personally couldn't care less if they fail. I personally might cheer if they succeed.

So?
Old 06/01/2012, 02:13 AM   #25 (permalink)
cgk

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
What does that mean?
Chris was a fantasist who claimed he had a company that would build WebOS, he also claimed to have a prototype device. His story didn't add up but when quizzed, people were told to be quiet and use their hearts rather than their minds.

Feel don't think.

Having said that - I don't think this is a Chris Williams situation, I think it's more likely those guys are very young and so they are acting out of naivety with their poor communications and getting their timing back to front.

Last edited by CGK; 06/01/2012 at 02:44 AM.
cgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2012, 02:20 AM   #26 (permalink)

Well good luck to you guys. Knock yourself out. Call me when you've got a finished product i can put on my phone (Whatever phone i happen to be using then).
Old 06/01/2012, 03:21 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGK View Post
Chris was a fantasist who claimed he had a company that would build WebOS, he also claimed to have a prototype device. His story didn't add up but when quizzed, people were told to be quiet and use their hearts rather than their minds.

Feel don't think.

Having said that - I don't think this is a Chris Williams situation, I think it's more likely those guys are very young and so they are acting out of naivety with their poor communications and getting their timing back to front.
I repeat myself, but ... "SO?"
Let em.

Or does that hurt/threaten you in any way?
Old 06/01/2012, 03:26 AM   #28 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isandunk View Post
Are webOS Internals involved in this project?
No.

I have sent an email to find out who they are and whether they are interested in collaborating. The webOS community is too small to have parallel or fragmented efforts.

The reason why you haven't heard anything from WebOS Internals about porting to other devices is precisely because we don't have anything to say yet.

-- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, xandros9, Titan078 and 1 others like this.
Old 06/01/2012, 04:51 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
No.
The reason why you haven't heard anything from WebOS Internals about porting to other devices is precisely because we don't have anything to say yet.
And that's exactly how any professional organisation - charity group, upstart, or otherwise - should act. I can only hope that the Phoenix guys will follow in WOI's carefully placed footsteps in the future.

I'm disappointed that so many on this thread are treating the caution of others as an attack on Phoenix. There's a lot of fervour in this thread, and it seems since Chris William's stunt that many haven't realised that talk is indeed cheap.

OMA Studios | Jack Newcombe | @omastudios
semprance is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by dignitary likes this.
Old 06/01/2012, 06:54 AM   #30 (permalink)

ppl donate to webosinternals because they have a plan, results etc. I'd say this phoenix idea is fine as long as donations don't get mentioned as like CGK I hear alarm bells, I'd be well interested if it happens but by no means would ppl wish to blindly leap before they look.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by semprance likes this.
Old 06/01/2012, 06:58 AM   #31 (permalink)
Developer

I personally don't see any alarm bells. A group is forming, and looking for interested people. No mention of money has been made, nor any promises given, and their website says who they are and gives personal contact details. Looks completely above board to me.

-- Rod

Last edited by rwhitby; 06/01/2012 at 07:04 AM.
Liked by Rnp, bevcraw, cwest and 5 others like this.
Old 06/01/2012, 07:20 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
I personally don't see any alarm bells. A group is forming, and looking for interested people. No mention of money has been made, nor any promises given, and their website says who they are and gives personal contact details. Looks completely above board to me.

-- Rod
I agree. No alarm bells; just zero impetus to volunteer.

OMA Studios | Jack Newcombe | @omastudios
semprance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2012, 08:02 AM   #33 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by semprance View Post
I agree. No alarm bells; just zero impetus to volunteer.
Well, WebOS Internals started from the same point. The proof will be in the pudding when the first release of something happens.

-- Rod
Thanked by Garfonso, semprance
Old 06/01/2012, 08:16 AM   #34 (permalink)

Rod please release it already I would like some new hardware for my webOS addictions please , I'm dieing here and while the pre3 is awesome imo I want something new I just gotta have it man I just can't take it anymore I'm going insane help me please oh I'm losing .... (something on the ground sparkles) Oh look that's pretty ... ummm what was I saying ?
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman and MudShark22 like this.
Old 06/01/2012, 08:34 AM   #35 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
No.

-- Rod
You don't have anything to say yet, or you're not "at liberty" to say anything yet? Those are 2 different things, curious minds just wonder
Herrie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2012, 08:48 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
You don't have anything to say yet, or you're not "at liberty" to say anything yet? Those are 2 different things, curious minds just wonder
"not having anything to say" could mean that they are not doing anything, "not having anything to say YET" would mean they are doing something but not ready to release info .
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by graspingatstraws likes this.
Old 06/01/2012, 09:38 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, WebOS Internals started from the same point. The proof will be in the pudding when the first release of something happens.

-- Rod
In the words of one of my favorite characters (from Harry Potter) Luna Lovegood...."I hope there will be pudding!"

Thank you Rod for your humility and clarity on this topic. We shall see, we can hope, and we should be careful.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2012, 09:54 AM   #38 (permalink)

From the email response i got from them after offering my help, i know these guys are real, dedicated, and have a very ambitious goal. Let them take their time getting organized. This is no small feat as many can understand. Hopefully a solid collaboration can take place between them and WOI. Only good could come from that.
Old 06/01/2012, 10:30 AM   #39 (permalink)

if he isn't at liberty to say yet......then he probably isn't at liberty to say he isn't at liberty..... I'm willing to place money down nothing will/could be said until after webOS goes fully open source.
Old 06/01/2012, 11:05 AM   #40 (permalink)

If he isn't at liberty to say that he isn't at liberty, then MAYBE THIS IS A COMMUNIST PLOT AND HE'S BEING HELD FOR RANSOM TO...

Oh, wait a minute. Communism's dead. Sorry for the interruption. Go back to your regularly scheduled lives.
Fisack23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0