Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I'm guessing that I'm kind of over reacting here, but the isis-browser github shows no development on its git hub for a month. Furthermore the home page and the blog page show nothing since March 23. I was, and still am, really excited to see what comes of this, but at this point it looks like HP might be flaking out on some of this... Ideas?
    I always thought this was always going to be an August / Sept timeframe based on HP's release schedule for openwebos?
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    It's all part of a bigger project.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I see a few changes made to it over the last month. I imagine most of the work isn't being committed to it currently, since there's not really much as a whole we can do with it until the whole thing is buildable.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    How's going to be abandoned, if it's the app's engine?
    Newness Developments apps:

Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    If you look at the change log for the qt branch of webkit, there were only 2 Palm people who submitted changes --- and both of them have moved to Nokia this month.

http://trac.webkit.org/export/118931...t/qt/ChangeLog

Luiz Agostini | LinkedIn

Helder Correia | LinkedIn
    i thought the "official" standpoint was that its not a doable project until all assets required are fully available when totally open sourced.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    The "unofficial" standpoint is that Google poached a bunch of enyo people and Nokia poached a bunch of palm's webkit people. One of the isis project member, alex van damme, went to Amazon's Kindle team (Lab126 subsidiary) last month.

Alex Van Damme | LinkedIn

You lose a bunch of people in April and May --- of course github doesn't see any updates since March.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i thought the "official" standpoint was that its not a doable project until all assets required are fully available when totally open sourced.
    No, that is for BUILDING a test version for us Nation-people to test. That has nothing to do with the code that needs to be comitted by HP/PALM.
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    If you look at the change log for the qt branch of webkit, there were only 2 Palm people who submitted changes --- and both of them have moved to Nokia this month.

http://trac.webkit.org/export/118931...t/qt/ChangeLog

Luiz Agostini | LinkedIn

Helder Correia | LinkedIn
    qtWebKit is not Palm's responsibility -- look at the isis source not the webkit.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Any news on this?
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    I've got it working on Ubuntu. Short video here:
    stickerboy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
    I've got it working on Ubuntu. Short video here:
    Awesome! Didn't know this was out there yet, building now.
    Nice

I suppose there's no eta for a webos version ?
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Nice

I suppose there's no eta for a webos version ?
    Well, it is supposed to be the engine for the entire operating system. As the current Open WebOS beta has the email client showing html content, I'd assume a lot of it's guts are in there, if not the standalone application itself.
    Which means that Isis will be harder to port to existing webos devices? I assume that what is available with webos community edition is not enough to implement isis engine inside it ? Ama wrong ?
    Hard to say, but it would definitely take up a lot of real estate. The entire QTWebkit would have to be installed in parallel with the existing Webkit engine the OS uses. So probably doable, but it would take up some real estate on your device. Probably better to get the drivers working and backport Open WebOS in its entirety.
    Isis, abandoned?..... After I busted my *** getting WebKit to compile under ARM? I THINK NOT!
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Isis, abandoned?..... After I busted my *** getting WebKit to compile under ARM? I THINK NOT!
    Have you tried to run your compiled binaries on the Touchpad or another ARM device? Will you post your binaries for the rest of us to play with, along with the instructions for compiling?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast