Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 116
Like Tree54Likes
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I finally got around to getting an iPhone 5 (read: I was able to actually get one, and had the money -- thanks to a friend). My T-Mobile SIM is in that (and my at&t SIM is still in my Pre3, which is my driver). So, the iPhone 5 will help allow me to check out what sort of designs are being used. I plan to use that to guide designing for Isis and open webOS.

    That being said, once I get the server that I have been working on back up (so I don't have to re-download the 4GB WebKit source.......), we should finally have something.

    Of course, it had been my goal to have most of this done a while ago. :/ So, I apologize for the long wait... Thanks for the support guys!

    I think as far as donations... I'll have to bug Tom about that. Probably donating to webOS-Internals. Buying Universe can also help. It definitely shows me enthusiasm from the community -- and my motivation drwas greatly from enthusiasm. I am generally more interested in that, or cool, unique/exotic gifts -- like coffee from around the world. (I am a firm believer in a gift economy - Gift economy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It creates a more interesting world.) I am going to start hunting for some folks that are interested to help out. I have a few great ideas that I want to put into motion (and I think a lot of you will enjoy these ideas, too!).

    Anyway... a bit of work, and then bed!
    Wow, I so appreciate your perseverance and dedication. Bought Universe a while ago to cheer you on, can't wait to use some version of it with ISIS. Getting ideas for gifts for you to munch on while you work late at night. If you like, pm me your address
  2. #42  
    One of the most vexing problems I see with the browser situation is when all browser cards go blank and not even reload can fix it. I don't know what causes this but I suspect it has something to do with flash.

    Hopefully your new project can fix this. Thanks for the effort.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    One of the most vexing problems I see with the browser situation is when all browser cards go blank and not even reload can fix it. I don't know what causes this but I suspect it has something to do with flash.

    Hopefully your new project can fix this. Thanks for the effort.
    That is my single biggest gripe with the current webOS browser. The person that fixes this is my webOS hero!
    Pre 3 & TouchPad. Flying in the face of the jesusPhone!
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by snorri788 View Post
    That is my single biggest gripe with the current webOS browser. The person that fixes this is my webOS hero!
    That is usually because the BrowserServer (that renders pages) has crashed. Or the device ran out of RAM. Most usually the crash.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  5. #45  
    Big big big thanks to you dkirker for doing this project. It really is a lifesaver for webOS and i cannot express it enough how grateful i am for this effort

    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    That is usually because the BrowserServer (that renders pages) has crashed. Or the device ran out of RAM. Most usually the crash.
    I've also had Flash cause this on the Touchpad, but not with blank cards. The rendered page can be zoomed, CSS-skinned buttons can be clicked and will toggle, but neither links nor reload will work and the browser has to be restarted from scratch.

    Oh, and one feature request i'd like to make, is for the browser to not lose back/forward history for every card when it runs out of memory. Holding the b/f URLs, zoom level and scroll positions somewhere in a database would take the guesswork out of trying to recover an out-of-memory browser session. It'd also be wonderful if the same can be preserved when a phone is shut down without manually closing the browser, such as in case of low battery or automatic update, or if a device like the Veer crashes in the middle of a phone call.

    Another feature i'd love to see implemented (i might write a patch even) is touch-holding the back (or forward) button to see a sequence list of visited pages. This would allow one to "hop" over "form-resubmit" warnings and go back, without madly tapping at the screen or having to turn off WiFi to do this.

    Thanks again!
  6. #46  
    I also bought Universe recently to give somewhat of a thanks/support. Waiting patiently for a test build of Isis! You are gonna give us test builds to play with, right?
  7. #47  
    dkirker,

    I have been following this thread since it started. I just want to thank you for working on this. I feel like getting this working on WebOS will breathe new life back into it. I'm really noticing how the web browsing experience is getting poorer and poorer.

    Maybe I will send you some canadian maple syrup if you get this up and running

    Cheers
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Another feature i'd love to see implemented (i might write a patch even) is touch-holding the back (or forward) button to see a sequence list of visited pages. This would allow one to "hop" over "form-resubmit" warnings and go back, without madly tapping at the screen or having to turn off WiFi to do this.

    Thanks again!
    +1
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    +1
    +1
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Another feature i'd love to see implemented (i might write a patch even) is touch-holding the back (or forward) button to see a sequence list of visited pages. This would allow one to "hop" over "form-resubmit" warnings and go back, without madly tapping at the screen or having to turn off WiFi to do this.
    I remember there was a patch for this in Preware.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I remember there was a patch for this in Preware.
    Really? I'll look for it then
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I finally got around to getting an iPhone 5 (read: I was able to actually get one, and had the money -- thanks to a friend). My T-Mobile SIM is in that (and my at&t SIM is still in my Pre3, which is my driver). So, the iPhone 5 will help allow me to check out what sort of designs are being used. I plan to use that to guide designing for Isis and open webOS.

    That being said, once I get the server that I have been working on back up (so I don't have to re-download the 4GB WebKit source.......), we should finally have something.

    Of course, it had been my goal to have most of this done a while ago. :/ So, I apologize for the long wait... Thanks for the support guys!

    I think as far as donations... I'll have to bug Tom about that. Probably donating to webOS-Internals. Buying Universe can also help. It definitely shows me enthusiasm from the community -- and my motivation drwas greatly from enthusiasm. I am generally more interested in that, or cool, unique/exotic gifts -- like coffee from around the world. (I am a firm believer in a gift economy - Gift economy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It creates a more interesting world.) I am going to start hunting for some folks that are interested to help out. I have a few great ideas that I want to put into motion (and I think a lot of you will enjoy these ideas, too!).

    Anyway... a bit of work, and then bed!
    This made my extremely happy to read. I have already bought Universe in the past for my devices, but after reading this I will definitely go ahead and get Universe for my better half as well. Perhaps if I see a Donation button for your great work I will be able to toss some here and there.

    Thank You Greatly for your will and want to continue your work with our great OS!
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I remember there was a patch for this in Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Really? I'll look for it then
    Yes, I made a patch for that. It works pretty well, but is a little buggy. I don't have a Touchpad anymore so the project (as with all my other Touchpad projects) has been abandoned. You should be able to find it in Preware as Enhanced Nav Buttons.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Remy X likes this.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yes, I made a patch for that. It works pretty well, but is a little buggy. I don't have a Touchpad anymore so the project (as with all my other Touchpad projects) has been abandoned. You should be able to find it in Preware as Enhanced Nav Buttons.
    Oh, so that is what the patch does. Guess I should've read the description better lol. I'll implement your patch in Isis Web.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Oh, so that is what the patch does. Guess I should've read the description better lol. I'll implement your patch in Isis Web.
    Oh, nice! It'll need a bit of work to get it functioning perfectly, but it's a pretty nice patch as is.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Vistaus likes this.
  16. #56  
    Any updates? Looks like dkirker may have moved on... 2 months with no post :'(
  17. #57  
    Not moved on! The build code is found here: https://github.com/webos-ports

    I had to re-allocate my resources to fixing some issues with QtWebKit and the browser in open webOS. With the TouchPad version, there is a crash in the graphics layer, which makes the browser not work...
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkarsk View Post
    Any updates? Looks like dkirker may have moved on... 2 months with no post :'(
    Some folks just have no concept of open source volunteer spare time project timeframes ...

    In 2 months (especially over Christmas), someone might only get a couple of hours or days free time to work on it, depending on other work and family commitments or other projects on the go.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #59  
    Stop covering for him! I can't browse my internet while he decorates his Christmas tree.
  20. #60  
    What improvements is this isis browser supposed to bring? I'm quite happy with universe browser for the most part.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12/31/2012, 01:02 PM
  2. Isis browser for current webOS?
    By techlover10 in forum Open webOS General Discussion
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 04/17/2012, 11:15 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04/03/2012, 02:02 PM
  4. Isis Browser Donations--Who's with Me?!!
    By bluenote in forum Open webOS General Discussion
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 03/24/2012, 05:33 PM
  5. Treo 300 Abandoned
    By stuartr in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03/11/2003, 03:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions