webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > webOS on Raspberry Pi?
webOS on Raspberry Pi?
Like Tree10Likes

Old 09/20/2012, 11:54 AM   #21 (permalink)

Ahem...

open WebOS on a Raspberry Pi
WebOS 1.0 Running on RaspberryPI - YouTube
immovablesoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: aaa801
Old 09/20/2012, 12:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

What the What???

Dude boots sumpin' and calls up sys info. Then wobbly pan, can't read anything, slam down on table, cut...

It doesn't show anything.

That was next to meaningless.

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Matt_H likes this.
Old 09/20/2012, 12:35 PM   #23 (permalink)

I'm going to have to say that doesn't qualify as running webos. Booting to a prompt, yes, but until there is a Luna UI and core apps, webOS is not running. I'm going to say there is a lot left to do before that happens. And the qemu pompt makes me think there is an emulator layer - could be wrong about that.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 09/21/2012, 10:49 AM   #24 (permalink)

webOS without any of the web-stuff is pretty much just Linux. When webkit makes it onto some hardware I'll be interested.
bearda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2012, 12:36 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
I'm going to have to say that doesn't qualify as running webos. Booting to a prompt, yes, but until there is a Luna UI and core apps, webOS is not running. I'm going to say there is a lot left to do before that happens. And the qemu pompt makes me think there is an emulator layer - could be wrong about that.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
qemuarm is the default build name for arm in open webos
Since the gui is not avilable as open src yet (Should be soon..)
Then this is all of openwebos for arm
aaa801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Pilotovef and RumoredNow like this.
Thanked by Pilotovef, RumoredNow
Old 09/21/2012, 01:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa801 View Post
qemuarm is the default build name for arm in open webos
Since the gui is not avilable as open src yet (Should be soon..)
Then this is all of openwebos for arm
Hi...

I appreciate that you have put a lot of work into something. And everyone on this forum wants to see OpenwebOS get used...

Problem is: as a viewer who knows nothing about Raspberry Pi other than a brief glance at spec and one who does no command line programming... The vid shows nothing identifiable. All it proves to me is that you have a camera and a YouTube account to upload videos to. I could not identify a single thing going on there.

The brief, shaky, doesn't pause long enough to allow the eye to focus nature of the film makes the video look like a scam of some sort. Like the author is pulling a fast one. It says: "look, everyone, while I trumpet my achievement" through the title, but the actual vid looks as if it is loath to focus in on anything. As if it can not stand any actual scrutiny of what is going on. All we see is the corner of a screen. Not what it is attached to. There is no payoff for watching it.

I'm not saying you have not done what you said. I'm saying you have not shown what you've done. There is no discernible meaning for an average viewer in watching that video.

Is it possible you could slow down a bit? Maybe pan across the equipment set up? Perhaps some dialog about what you are doing?

Again - I don't doubt you... I just don't see anything and I would really like to.

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2012, 01:33 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
Hi...

I appreciate that you have put a lot of work into something. And everyone on this forum wants to see OpenwebOS get used...

Problem is: as a viewer who knows nothing about Raspberry Pi other than a brief glance at spec and one who does no command line programming... The vid shows nothing identifiable. All it proves to me is that you have a camera and a YouTube account to upload videos to. I could not identify a single thing going on there.

The brief, shaky, doesn't pause long enough to allow the eye to focus nature of the film makes the video look like a scam of some sort. Like the author is pulling a fast one. It says: "look, everyone, while I trumpet my achievement" through the title, but the actual vid looks as if it is loath to focus in on anything. As if it can not stand any actual scrutiny of what is going on. All we see is the corner of a screen. Not what it is attached to. There is no payoff for watching it.

I'm not saying you have not done what you said. I'm saying you have not shown what you've done. There is no discernible meaning for an average viewer in watching that video.

Is it possible you could slow down a bit? Maybe pan across the equipment set up? Perhaps some dialog about what you are doing?

Again - I don't doubt you... I just don't see anything and I would really like to.

Just rebuilt the webos image for armv6-vfp
Will do another vid soon, problem is that my webcam is of extremely low quality and it had to be that close to actually get the text on the screen clearly
aaa801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 09/21/2012, 02:33 PM   #28 (permalink)

aaa801,
Excellent work, keep going plz.
Pilotovef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 12:23 AM   #29 (permalink)

I know the processor is a bit weak, but from what I understand it has a pretty fantastic GPU. Any chance that will be able to pick up some of the slack when running Luna?
zane9000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
devices, linux, open webos

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0