webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > bluetooth
bluetooth
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mutoidi

Old 04/21/2012, 08:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

hello there os users,
im wondering about a couple of things as i am new to this,
1. i am wanting to bluetooth some photos from my sony ericsson mobile to web os and went through procedure, it said they were sent but i cant find the photos anywhere! is there a trick to this?
2. also, on my android keyboard i have a microphone key that if i accidentally press, freezes the whole system! any suggestions on how to get rid if it? or of a new keyboard i can install that wont colkect data, passwords etc?
any help greatly apprecied :-)
thank you :
blossoms66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/2012, 08:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossoms66 View Post
hello there os users,
im wondering about a couple of things as i am new to this,
1. i am wanting to bluetooth some photos from my sony ericsson mobile to web os and went through procedure, it said they were sent but i cant find the photos anywhere! is there a trick to this?
2. also, on my android keyboard i have a microphone key that if i accidentally press, freezes the whole system! any suggestions on how to get rid if it? or of a new keyboard i can install that wont colkect data, passwords etc?
any help greatly apprecied :-)
thank you :

Welcome to webOS Nation Forums!

I presume it is a 'Touchpad' to which you wish to transfer pictures to webOS via Blutooth, from your Sony Ericsson Phone?
Which model of Phone is it?

1). Sorry, but as I don't even have a Phone myself, I am as stuck as you on that one I'm afraid!
Perhaps try 'searching' the topic further in the Search option tab above the first post here?
It may already have been covered somewhere else?

2). The only way I can see to *temporarily* remove the Google Voice Typing Key from the standard Android Keyboard is to first go into 'Settings' then scroll to 'Language & input' and then UNtick the 'Google Voice Typing' box.
But this only seems to work until you next reboot Android.. in which case you have go back to 'Google Voice Typing' and this timeTick the box again, before then immediately UNticking it.. (again), which then seems to work to remove the offending key yet again.. until you next reboot Android that is.. etc etc!
I guess it's a 'workaround' for now anyhow, as CM9 is still being developed and a bit glitchy in places like this still. (ie No functioning Mirophone yet!).

Indeed.. installing a 'non-standard' alternative keyboard from the Market would probably not load this particular key at all.
And who knows.. maybe even the standard Android Keyboard logs everything one does on it anyway!

Also you may get a quicker or better response re. the CM9 Android-specific keyboard issue from someone on this Forum by posting over here:

http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/

Good luck and enjoy!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/21/2012 at 10:42 AM.
Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by blossoms66 likes this.
Thanked By: blossoms66

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0