webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > What can I the common man do to help WebOS?
What can I the common man do to help WebOS?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By johncc

Old 04/15/2012, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

I just recently got a palm pre 2. I much prefer webos and the pre form factor. I even prefer the size with my 2600mah battery. I would like to see webOS succeed. So what am I, the common man, to do?

I never became very skilled with programming. I don't have any connections to the tech industry. All I do now is show people my pre 2 and see how they like it. Most really like it.
jjames888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/15/2012, 07:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Just keep using it and telling people about it an buy a few programs from the App Catalog to support developers still on webOS.
johncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by blackfireball5 and Vistaus like this.
Old 04/16/2012, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
rot

buy some of the good apps and make these developers happy, so they stay on board.
rot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/2012, 02:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

I just got my Pre 3 and I'm feeling exactly the same way. I'm absolutely in love with the phone!

In fact just today (admittedly due to the lack of ANY Google Tasks app), I have nearly convinced myself to learn to develop for the platform just to fix those little things that are lacking. We'll see how it goes, but in the mean time, I'll keep contributing to the devs still out there updating and creating the awesome apps/patches

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
mtmjr90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/09/2012, 09:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

I loved my touchpad so much I made myself a Frankepre 2. The key thing is buying apps and using them.

donate to webOS internals and purchase preware documentation app,

one thing I noticed after a while, some websites like CNET that did not load properly now do.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X

Last edited by imurrx; 05/09/2012 at 09:41 AM.
imurrx is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0