webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > How to put webos on ipad 2 / android smartphone?
How to put webos on ipad 2 / android smartphone?

Old 04/15/2012, 01:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Has anyone figured out how to put webos on ipad 2 / android smartphone? (htc evo / vivid etc..)

Is it even possible?
webosdroid900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/15/2012, 01:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

No, if it was figured out, you would have seen it by now. Maybe after it goes FULLY Open Source, scheduled for September.
Old 04/16/2012, 10:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

It is not possible at all. HP touch pad is not compatible even with Android so webOS will not work on any apple or android gadget.
Greg Cirignano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/2012, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
*Moderator in Memorium*

The above post is not necessarily 100% true and correct, since anyone that currently has access to what will be open webOS would be under NDA at this point.

<thread moved>
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 04/16/2012 at 12:23 PM.
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/2012, 12:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Maybe it was just rumors, but wasn't webOS put on an iPad2 to show that it ran much faster with Apple's hardware than HP's TouchPad? I thought it was done somewhere behind the scenes that contributed to HP's decision to stop sales of the TouchPad.

Someone was able to figue out how to install a dual boot program so you can switch between webOS and Android. Why not a dual boot between webOS and iOS?
Cyberpmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/2012, 12:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberpmg View Post
Maybe it was just rumors, but wasn't webOS put on an iPad2 to show that it ran much faster with Apple's hardware than HP's TouchPad? I thought it was done somewhere behind the scenes that contributed to HP's decision to stop sales of the TouchPad.

Someone was able to figue out how to install a dual boot program so you can switch between webOS and Android. Why not a dual boot between webOS and iOS?
I believe this is accurate. One of the Palm folks posted on Twitter in response to a question (can't remember who -- but I think Matt McNulty) that consumers haven't seen anything yet, regarding how good webOS could be, and speaking of putting it on an iPad.

Edit: He may have just been speaking of Enyo, can't remember.

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
kryptonite_2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/2012, 01:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite_2448 View Post
I believe this is accurate. One of the Palm folks posted on Twitter in response to a question (can't remember who -- but I think Matt McNulty) that consumers haven't seen anything yet, regarding how good webOS could be, and speaking of putting it on an iPad.

yeah it wasnt webOS just enyo apps.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2012, 09:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite_2448 View Post

Ah ha HP tested webOS on an iPad. It ran over twice as fast as the TouchPad. - The Next Web
hedont is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0