webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > OEMs not happy with Google/Android
OEMs not happy with Google/Android
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Smashley3001

Old 04/09/2012, 04:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Google's Purchase Of Motorola Is Going To Cause More Fragmentation - Business Insider

This seems to be just more of what's been going on for a while now, but I can only assume this is good for webOS. Hopefully with added portability across platforms to add more apps with open webOS, we'll get some OEMs more interested.
Smashley3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp and Vistaus like this.
Old 04/09/2012, 09:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

The only ones I like to see a webOS-device from (I mean outside from HP Palm) are Motorola and Samsung. Motorola for the **cking superb hardware and Samsung for the el cheapo to put webOS on a bigger map.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2012, 09:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

"Further, building your own version of Android is a way to stand out from the crowd. Right now, all Android phones pretty much look alike, and all pretty much run the same operating system. If a handset maker can build its own proprietary operating system to stand out, it's a competitive advantage. "

Says who?
All the tech insiders (The Verge et al) are sick and tired of skins and wish they'd just go away. The power users (us) feel the same. The vast majority (like my sister and her Evo) couldn't tell Sense from Touchwiz much less be aware of the existence of skins in the first place. All my sister knows is that her phone is an Evo, it's the one with the white back and and the battery life sucks.
laoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2012, 09:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

but differentiating with a different OS also means that app support wont be the best, which is a major turn-off for most

hopefully that acl thing will solve that
Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
iPhone 5c > Nexus 5
My Palm OS Archive
xandros9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0