Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Good article... thanks for posting!
    Iphone users turn up their nose, and I fell sorry for them
    Rnp and HelloNNNewman like this.
    Absolutely lovely, a must read to start the week with a proud smile!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Great read! Couldn't agree more!

@jcmarcos. Your sig reads like the story of my life. I had c64/128 stuff. Still have tons of amiga stuff. Had a psion 3 and a revo.
    jcmarcos likes this.
    yup well thought out, good read.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    @jcmarcos. Your sig reads like the story of my life. I had c64/128 stuff. Still have tons of amiga stuff. Had a psion 3 and a revo.
    Shocker! I've found other fine ex-amigans here, but sharing also a Psion past raises the bar! If I find anyopne which also has a MorphOS & Pegasos past, I'll eat my socks!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    So... what hasn't been said? Apps basically, and I guess the gestures but that's tacit in the card interface that you need to be able to "close" them. That lists almost every main feature and why I will pick webOS until I can't anymore.
    He mostly talking about touchpad, but one little feature I like on both phone and touchpad is the ability to delete whole words at a time.
    Nice read with my cup of Joe
    From the article:
    .....webOS is one of the few current mobile operating systems that are actually a joy to use. Itís been hurt by HPís incompetent management, rather than any egregious faults of its own.
    +1
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Great article that really highlights a lot of what I love about webOS. At this stage, all we're really missing is the app selection (some better hardware wouldn't hurt either, but the TP is good enough for the time being).

Just one thing that I didn't agree with though. Even though it is inconvenient to switch to the number keys on iOS, I do find typing on the iPad keyboard easier, and make less mistakes on it. Not sure if it's just my clumsy fingers or if others have had the same experience as well?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Somebody send it to Meg!!!
    leobloom, Rnp, dbmgreen and 1 others like this.
    brilliant.
    Nice. We've been beat up and left to trample for so long, it's nice to see an article like this. This time next year at MWC 2013, new Open webOS phones. You heard it hear first!!!
    This is a great article by Lukas Mathis on the power and capabilities of webOS.

ignore the code: Please Steal These webOS Features
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    there's already a thread on this
    just an fyi
    Well written and good read.
    <threads merged>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast