webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Isis Browser Donations--Who's with Me?!!
Isis Browser Donations--Who's with Me?!!
Like Tree17Likes

Old 03/08/2012, 09:36 PM   #61 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccx View Post
I don't mean to sound like an ***, but that is pretty cryptic
I'm assuming this must be related to hp not releasing everything (yet) to open source?
The current Isis source code release is missing critical build dependencies, and as such cannot be built by us into something useable at this point in time. We don't have a timeline for when such dependencies will be released, so we can't give a timeline based on that.

-- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Old 03/09/2012, 02:10 AM   #62 (permalink)

Name it as you want, but there was a lot of work already done here, so my donation is in the right hands.
iivanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 03/09/2012, 05:14 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
The current Isis source code release is missing critical build dependencies, and as such cannot be built by us into something useable at this point in time. We don't have a timeline for when such dependencies will be released, so we can't give a timeline based on that.

-- Rod
Have you got an easy way of listing the missing build-deps? I'm curious as to whether we're talking about patched versions of things that you'd find in a conventional Linux system or custom Palm/HP libraries on which their modified QtWebkit depends?
Jonny.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 03/09/2012, 12:24 PM   #64 (permalink)

I hope the new Isis browser coming also for webOS 2.x.
If coming also for HP Veer, i donate 30 $!

Update

https://twitter.com/#!/webOSdev/stat...77324464873472
wMarck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2012, 12:51 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wMarck90 View Post
I hope the new Isis browser coming also for webOS 2.x.
If coming also for HP Veer, i donate 30 $!

Update

https://twitter.com/#!/webOSdev/stat...77324464873472
Thanks for the tweet.
It seems from the tweet, they can build in ubuntu now even if code not already cleared for webOS. So I assume Isis could run in ubuntu in a card? Hope so.

edit: tweet says desktop ubuntu.

Last edited by bluenote; 03/09/2012 at 06:49 PM.
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2012, 04:13 PM   #66 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I can't even get it to build on Ubuntu 12.04, so I think the code is a bit broken atm.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2012, 07:27 PM   #67 (permalink)

I saw this on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/GeorgeMari/sta...723840/photo/1 Isis browser on my Fedora 16 box?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
matchqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2012, 10:15 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have good news on this front.

After reviewing the Isis code release from HP, we do not have sufficient open source dependencies or build instructions to be able to complete this task in the short term.

I have discussed this with Donald and other members of the team, and we fell that the best thing for us to do right now is to offer refunds for anyone who has donated in this thread so far and to ask the moderators to close the thread.

We have not given up, but no longer see a clear path forward in the short term, so our honesty mandates that we offer refunds for any donations given so far. I have sent a personal PM to every person in this thread who has donated, offering a refund.

Anyone who wishes to receive a refund for a donation in this thread, please PM me with your paypal address and transaction id and I will arrange for your donation to be refunded immediately.

Thanks, and sorry for the disappointment in the short term.

-- Rod
Just put my donation toward maintenance costs of the preware server That's a service I benefit daily anyways

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
addiarmadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2012, 10:17 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
I can't even get it to build on Ubuntu 12.04, so I think the code is a bit broken atm.
Ive build it in 11.10 but as Rod pointed out, its missing critical components to make it worth while

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
addiarmadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/2012, 07:31 AM   #70 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
Ive build it in 11.10 but as Rod pointed out, its missing critical components to make it worth while
I have found the problem. Apperantly, something has changed on 12.04 with the discovery of the 32-bit libs so that's why it's quite hard to build. I'm gonna install 32-bit 12.04 on a seperate PC, maybe it builds better on pure 32-bit.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/2012, 12:11 PM   #71 (permalink)

I want to see WebOS thrive one day and the Isis browser was just one way of doing this. I am sure there are other ways the money can help webOS thrive. I know you will use it wisely.
mstrblueskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2012, 04:45 PM   #72 (permalink)

hp releasing more code for 3.05 and will release kernel components in next few days

will this help our cause or what is the significance of these releases?
HP webOS Developer Blog
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/2012, 04:33 PM   #73 (permalink)

Yeah, don't worry. Use the donation for whatever worthy projects you are doing right now.
ewl88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0