Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 123
Like Tree28Likes
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Really I wanted to like that, not thank it, but I don't think Tapatalk supports the Thanks add-on.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Well I appreciate that...the like...and the thanks...or which ever one you would like me to appreciate.

    Hey, I'm ready to donate my special $5...who is going to be the one who guesses the Movie reference? I've got an itchy trigger finger on my proton pack, just waiting to pull the trigger...anybody? Bueller? No, it's not Ferris Bueller's day off.

    By the way, Thank you Rod and company for your untiring efforts to build up webOS and keep US going (uh, not the U.S.A...I mean us...the collective body of believers in webOS)! And please, everyone who can spare some money, let's help webOS Internals achieve the goal by donating to their hard work.

    Here's a link to the donate thread!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

    bluenote likes this.
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Well I appreciate that...the like...and the thanks...or which ever one you would like me to appreciate.

    Hey, I'm ready to donate my special $5...who is going to be the one who guesses the Movie reference? I've got an itchy trigger finger on my proton pack, just waiting to pull the trigger...anybody? Bueller? No, it's not Ferris Bueller's day off.

    By the way, Thank you Rod and company for your untiring efforts to build up webOS and keep US going (uh, not the U.S.A...I mean us...the collective body of believers in webOS)! And please, everyone who can spare some money, let's help webOS Internals achieve the goal by donating to their hard work.

    Here's a link to the donate thread!
    Your Ghostly reference to a long since Busted movie was quite refreshing.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Your Ghostly reference to a long since Busted movie was quite refreshing.
    Aaaccckkk!

    You got it and so I donated the $5 for your efforts, plus a little more just because I felt it was the right thing to do...wonder what's wrong with me? Must be the ectoplasm talking...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

    geekpeter likes this.
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Well I appreciate that...the like...and the thanks...or which ever one you would like me to appreciate.

    Hey, I'm ready to donate my special $5...who is going to be the one who guesses the Movie reference? I've got an itchy trigger finger on my proton pack, just waiting to pull the trigger...anybody? Bueller? No, it's not Ferris Bueller's day off.
    To top it off, I totally screwed up my second post! I said I thanked it and then said Tapatalk didin't support Thanks. DUH.

    Bottom line, I LIKED the movie reference, and even read it in Peter Venkman's voice.
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Aaaccckkk!

    You got it and so I donated the $5 for your efforts, plus a little more just because I felt it was the right thing to do...wonder what's wrong with me? Must be the ectoplasm talking...
    a box of man sized tissues can solve the ectoplasm issue........ so im told.
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    To top it off, I totally screwed up my second post! I said I thanked it and then said Tapatalk didin't support Thanks. DUH.

    Bottom line, I LIKED the movie reference, and even read it in Peter Venkman's voice.
    I was a little confused about the thanking issue...but again, I attribute it to the ectoplasm. Gotta stop drinking that stuff before 3pm. Thank you for reading it with the proper lackadaisical urgency [paradox for sure] of Peter Venkman's voice.

    I apologize for spilling the ectoplasm which allowed this thread to slide a little off kilter, but it is for a good cause. I will try to restrict myself to more technically helpful posting in such a thread...which translates to little to nothing at all! I'm just a Pre+ (VZW, day 1) user, no TP (although I've tried to acquire firesale units several times, having one in my cart one time for a few minutes).

    Let me just say that I am encouraged to see some headway, some hope, some activity that appears to be following an announced plan of action. This is something that has been lacking in the webOS world...except for the Homebrew and webOS Internals folks have always been active and been showing results. Good on ya! And if any of you haven't yet contributed to the cause, please do! The link to the donation link or donation thread is a few posts up from here (Post #101 has a link)...just past the ectoplasm stain...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  7. #107  
    ... And, as usual at PC forums, you guys f$$$$d this thread with chitchat.
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    ... And, as usual at PC forums, you guys f$$$$d this thread with chitchat.

    Aaww.. but it's often the only chance Geeks and Nerds get to actually 'socialise'!


    Wasn't it once all about something to do with a 'Browser'?

    Ecto-Browser.. that's it!

  9. #109  
    Time for more uninformed speculation - what will QtWebKit bring to WebOS?

    Faster rendering speed & HTML5 capabilities?


    Would WebGL + HTML5 be possible?
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

    One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Time for more uninformed speculation - what will QtWebKit bring to WebOS?

    Faster rendering speed & HTML5 capabilities?


    Would WebGL + HTML5 be possible?
    just the fact its open to modification/enhancements is enough, its 1 thing patching what we have its another when its all open to change at its core.
  11. c000's Avatar
    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #111  
    but would the webos version be able to use hardware acceleration via the gpu?
  12. #112  
    webOS DOES use hardware acceleration via the gpu.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    kwall likes this.
  13. #113  
    I had some kind of mess requiring a doctor visit recently some of which prompted posters to suggest it was my attempt to load ISIS on my 3.0.5 machine prematurely ...is this ready for prime time or do I need to wait to see it in the HP App catalog or Preware ??
  14. #114  
    I had some kind of mess requiring a doctor visit recently some of which prompted posters to suggest it was my attempt to load ISIS on my 3.0.5 machine prematurely ...is this ready for prime time or do I need to wait to see it in the HP App catalog or Preware ??

    I wouldn't consider any app as ready for prime time unless it is in the HP App catalog or the Preware stable feeds.

    Edited to add: Please review the preware eightfold path http://testing.preware.org/

    I always assume that downloading random ipks from the forums is riskier than the preware alpha feed.
    Last edited by Willard; 02/17/2012 at 05:51 PM.
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    webOS DOES use hardware acceleration via the gpu.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but released versions of webOS use hardware GPU acceleration. I would be surprised if anything uses hardware acceleration unless it's coded to. Perhaps that is what the "webkit supplemental" project is (at least partly)? Isis Project
  16. #116  
    I'm sorry. I can't read every post in this thread and I hope I'm not asking what may have already been asked.
    1st I'm more than willing to wait until the browser is ready for install via preware.
    My question is this. I thought I read somewhere that the new browser will be microsoft silverlight compatible or something like that but does that mean it will be able to play movies on netflix?
  17. #117  
    To the knowing people: How high are chances that QtWebkit and Javascript Core are able to run on the webOs phones and replace the webkit engine there?
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    To the knowing people: How high are chances that QtWebkit and Javascript Core are able to run on the webOs phones and replace the webkit engine there?
    who knows, but the version mentioned here is for 3.0.5 so touchpad only atm, not a hell of a lot has been said phone wise in a positive note on HP's side, last i heard their all for tablets, and pretty much given up on phones. For some kind of chance im guessing the upcoming fully released open webOS 1.0 would be the better chance for new life on a palm/hp phone if/when someone tries to cram it into a phone instead of a tablet.
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I wouldn't consider any app as ready for prime time unless it is in the HP App catalog or the Preware stable feeds.

    Edited to add: Please review the preware eightfold path Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

    I always assume that downloading random ipks from the forums is riskier than the preware alpha feed.
    I accept that ...I am one who reads this site avidly to try to take advantage of the latest stuff for my webOS devices ...this time it bit me in the **** ...but it does demonstrate the incredibly hardy aspect of this including the ability to doctor with little if any misery to reconstruct and be up and running quickly ...I am impressed with that and also with the circumscribed group of people who are hanging on here waiting for the break-out of open source (why it takes so long, I don't know)...I look at this and android (I put on the excellent cyanogen mod for that purpose) and cannot see why one would choose the latter! In that android is open source, I have to anticipate that this obviously (to me) superior operating system and interface will flourish and maybe prevail what with a cadre of very experienced palm people I surmise waiting in the wings seething (chomping at the bit) at the gate for the opportunity to spill out their wares ...surely there are a bunch of things ready for primetime ...
    davidtm likes this.
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    To the knowing people: How high are chances that QtWebkit and Javascript Core are able to run on the webOs phones and replace the webkit engine there?
    From what I understand, they have a lot of customization to webkit for the webOS UI, so if it is possible, it will require porting those, or eliminating their need.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions