Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52
Like Tree3Likes
  1. vladi's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    #41  
    I have a concept on paper (file) and when the time is right I will let people know and I will need help from engineering people as well. Once webOS goes Open we will not more as I also have some ides that could or maybe can't be implemented.

    I am willing to finance my proto by myself.
  2. minipot's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #42  
    Sorry I get ahead of myself alot.
  3. #43  
    Ok, So there is another interesting discussion going on in the Web OS General Discussions area called: WebOS Business Opportunities after Fall 2012.

    The person whom made the discussion seems to have already begun making up a business plan/model & has already started to seek out investors.

    The next step is a critical stage where I have brought up taking this topic outside of webOS and into a google group-documents & through email. This way we can all be completely on top of each topic. Not only should we all be emailing each other every day but we should be having multiple video conferences & chats so we can begin constructing a road map to deliver a cell phone by the Fall of 2012.

    I feel there are plenty of talented people here on this site that are willing to put in a few hours a week to make something like this possible. So, I recommend everyone that is interested in a WebOS device of the future whom is willing to contribute in some way Email member: Lawrence92

    If you are one of those that don't believe this is possible and only want to talk down of the idea.. You aren't being any help. I instead ask you to find a way to find a way past the roadblocks you say are to strong to pass.
  4. minipot's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #44  
    I offer my design skills and my understanding of a complete webos loony (my dad)
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zukny View Post
    Ok, So there is another interesting discussion going on in the Web OS General Discussions area called: WebOS Business Opportunities after Fall 2012.

    The person whom made the discussion seems to have already begun making up a business plan/model & has already started to seek out investors.

    The next step is a critical stage where I have brought up taking this topic outside of webOS and into a google group-documents & through email. This way we can all be completely on top of each topic. Not only should we all be emailing each other every day but we should be having multiple video conferences & chats so we can begin constructing a road map to deliver a cell phone by the Fall of 2012.

    I feel there are plenty of talented people here on this site that are willing to put in a few hours a week to make something like this possible. So, I recommend everyone that is interested in a WebOS device of the future whom is willing to contribute in some way Email member: Lawrence92

    If you are one of those that don't believe this is possible and only want to talk down of the idea.. You aren't being any help. I instead ask you to find a way to find a way past the roadblocks you say are to strong to pass.
    Hi everyone and thanks Zukny for introducing me in others discussion.

    I will be starting a googles group on the recommendation of other members here who ask me to do so.

    i believe WebOS is the next generation OS but it need improvement and a Vision.

    This is what i have been working on and i am showing at the moment to investors as well as HP board.

    I am so happy to see the community react well to this and want to be a part of it.

    For those of you who think i am working on giving the community just a phone. i will disappoint you because i believe we can do better than that.

    As my ideas are not patent, i can't reveal most of it and i 'm sorry for that. But i have been looking over a lot of discussion and i will be happy to work with people that think that we can provide something else and better for human kind.
    We are facing Apple (closed environment)& google (lost privacy & security environment), there is a place for another major actor supported by some manufacturer brand.

    In order to get those manufacturer we need to show them a vision & a way to make this market powerfull.

    Trying to work on a proof of concept phone is right but working only a phone is wrong. Taking the whole picture, facing what the competitor mades wrong, and we will provide a whole new experience.

    I am searching for dev, tech, all people that can help somewhere on WebOS.
    Zukny, i have also some work for you ASAP i would love to have beautiful interpretation of my mind using your 3D skills

    If you think you want to be part of this new revolution, contact me, give me a summary of your skills and i will provide you with an access to the group.
    Some of you might have to sign NDA but i think most of the discussion will be open to the members.

    best

    S.M
  6. minipot's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #46  
    Hhhhmmmm so u need people who can argue the case of an OS that's been pretty much a fail. I've found ur man I can argue WEBOS to the ends of the earth. And I've made a whole class of ios fans all turn tail and turn to android (still working on getting webos across)
    I'm also willing to do graphics in blender I'm a hobbyist so don't excpect any of this to be fulfilled but ill give it a go

    I'm at ur service.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by minipot View Post
    Hhhhmmmm so u need people who can argue the case of an OS that's been pretty much a fail. I've found ur man I can argue WEBOS to the ends of the earth. And I've made a whole class of ios fans all turn tail and turn to android (still working on getting webos across)
    I'm also willing to do graphics in blender I'm a hobbyist so don't excpect any of this to be fulfilled but ill give it a go

    I'm at ur service.
    Hi Minipot

    You couldn't sell me a WebOS at this stage also. Most of the failure of WebOS i believe is not so much about the hard and the soft. The first official explanation was that it needed a 3 years plan and HP with leo decided to run it in 9 months but i also think the failure was that WebOS did not provide any different experience to the User.

    I am an apple user and was an mac addict before, making all my friend but also businesses i was working in switch to mac.
    I've always liked WebOS from the beginning, wishing plenty of success because i believed i would probably switch on it if i was disappoint by apple or if that was a real revolution.

    It comes to a end, it is a powerful and underestimated platform but she does not provide any different experience. she does not fill the gap people are waiting for.
    The platform, the architecture of WebOS is according to me is the smartest one as she offer a different approach and open new possibilities.Enyo & Synergy are likely to be the best add value to the platform but we can make better than that.

    I am working on the google group and all people who want to share about webos are invited.

    this is the first time i open a group on google and it does not seem to offer plainly of possibility, i maybe plan to install projectfork on a server. still working on it.

    As soon as i have you email and the site is finish i will sent you an invitation.

    Best

    S.M.
    Last edited by lawrence92; 03/19/2012 at 06:04 AM.
  8. minipot's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by minipot View Post
    Hhhhmmmm so u need people who can argue the case of an OS that's been pretty much a fail. I've found ur man I can argue WEBOS to the ends of the earth. And I've made a whole class of ios fans all turn tail and turn to android (still working on getting webos across)
    I'm also willing to do graphics in blender I'm a hobbyist so don't excpect any of this to be fulfilled but ill give it a go

    I'm at ur service.
    And thisss IIISSS SPARTA!!!!!

    LOL
    my idea/design I should put it up tommorow

    Currently thinking of replacing broken pre- looking for a cheap deal on an unlocked pre2/3 to buy
  9. c000's Avatar
    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #49  
    what happened to that guy that posted a couple weeks back about how he and his team were going to make a new phone with webos? i cant seem to find that discussion anywhere. seemed to be a multi-page topic (or did i just dream the entire thing lol)
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    what happened to that guy that posted a couple weeks back about how he and his team were going to make a new phone with webos? i cant seem to find that discussion anywhere. seemed to be a multi-page topic (or did i just dream the entire thing lol)
    This one? http://forums.webosnation.com/future...to-future.html
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  11. c000's Avatar
    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #51  
    yep. thats the one. thanks! i could have sworn i read it in the open source section
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    yep. thats the one. thanks! i could have sworn i read it in the open source section
    maybe they moved it. Long story short. The guy said he made a phone then he got asked for evidence, he wouldn't provide any, finally showed a video that was amazingly dark, Derek started asking questions, a lot of people began to not believe the post eventually the guy stopped posting.

    Interspersed where people either saying it's true, it's not true or, I like the phone, I won't buy a phone that size, and the plan is unrealistic. That's the gist of it. Basically the dude got caught making ups stuff and got caught.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions