Like Tree19Likes
  • 6 Post By xandros9
  • 11 Post By etphoto
  • 1 Post By cgk
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Is removing webOS from the touchpad possible now that the system has been made open source. It would help those who'd like to have Android on their devices. Then load it back for warranty purposes if possible (unless you've smashed it up and there's no way or turning it on)
    ------------------
    HTC Evo 3D running Virtuous Eclipse
    ------------------
    32GB Touchpad running CherryKang Android 4.0.4
    ------------------
    Why would you ever want to remove the wonderful-ness that is webOS?

I don't think anyone has tried that, you can have both, dual-booting with Android though

(also, the source isn't out yet, HP is still wading through the code, checking for licensing problems, etc.)
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Yh dual boot runs like a charm.... But looking for more space to try and load HTC Sense for tablets using the jetstream ROM
    ------------------
    ------------------
    ------------------
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    calm down...the webOS experts are here thats why I wanted to ask about removal of webOS since it will become open source in the near future, the android discussion is already ongoing on xda
    ------------------
    ------------------
    ------------------
    You may want to see the CM7 FAQ question specifically on this.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Or maybe buy an Android tablet.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Rnp, xandros9, The Bard and 8 others like this.
    ugh... some people...
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Or maybe buy an Android tablet.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Can you get a hardware spec as good as the touchpad for the sort of money a lot of us paid for our TPs?

I was looking at android tablets last night and could not find anything for the same sort of cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Can you get a hardware spec as good as the touchpad for the sort of money a lot of us paid for our TPs?

I was looking at android tablets last night and could not find anything for the same sort of cash.
    There are tons of chinese tablets with no so crappy hardware floating on internet.
    Newness Developments apps:

10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    There are tons of chinese tablets with no so crappy hardware floating on internet.
    Can you link to one? Most of the ones I looked at were inferior to the touchpad in some way.
    I'm sure it's possible, just a matter of telling the bootloader to load android and removing the webOS partition.

Though I agree with the others, why you'd want to completely evades me
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Can you link to one? Most of the ones I looked at were inferior to the touchpad in some way.
    http://www.focalprice.com/CE0017B/IC...o_Support.html
    Newness Developments apps:

13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    SnotBoogie likes this.
    Háháháhá... CGK stay in all time trying "fish" webOS users to Android, because the own Android devices are not good enough or expensive too much!

Somebody can move this thread to AndroForums? Without webOS, this is the wrong forum!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Háháháhá... CGK stay in all time trying "fish" webOS users to Android, because the own Android devices are not good enough or expensive too much!

Somebody can move this thread to AndroForums? Without webOS, this is the wrong forum!

Best Regards...
    It's pure cost - I'm cheap - the touchpad is the best hardware for the money available and you also can use it to dual-boot it - you can't currently dual-boot an android tablet with webOS. The touchpad is a winner for a cheapskate like me because I effectively have two tablets for the price of one.
    I don't see any 'fishing' going on from CGK, just polite questions. The OS people use is their choice, so long as they remain polite and don't try to troll or force their opinions on others. So live and let live, hm? Let's not have a flamewar on our hands.
  17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    The other problem is that my touchpad has the speaker crack, so even if I wanted an android only tablet (I don't), the resale value is now next to nothing.