webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > What the ... ??!!??!!!!!
What the ... ??!!??!!!!!
Like Tree16Likes

Old 12/18/2011, 11:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
It may be the end of the (old) World.. but it is just as likely the beginning of the New one also!

With or without webOS!

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
DataJog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2011, 11:32 AM   #22 (permalink)

I think this is a composite rumor. From this article:

HP’s Whitman: We’ll Make WebOS-Powered Tablets In 2013 | TechCrunch

it is Marc Andreessen, not Meg Whitman, that says that HP will make more WebOS tablets. Whitman then responds that this may not happen in 2012, but probably in 2013.

I would interpret this as HP getting back into the tablet market when they are good and ready, and not a minute sooner (which is a concept that I would endorse).
SeighWatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2011, 01:10 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
Or obviously, they need 2012 to reorganize the Palm-group (or HW/SW-webOS-group for that matter) and then work with 3rd parties to make it a success. Those 2 alone could fill up an entire year and then 2013 will be release year. So that's different. And other OEMs can make webOS whatever they want since it's open source soon, so that's not a signal at all.
Whatever the reason, it's now good news for webOS. Look at how RIM is getting crucified by the markets for delaying QNX to late 2012.
Mikey47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2011, 01:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Yes, but RIM is hell of a lot smaller then HP and QNX isn't open source in regards to webOS that will soon be open source.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2011, 03:36 AM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeighWatt View Post
I think this is a composite rumor. From this article:

HP’s Whitman: We’ll Make WebOS-Powered Tablets In 2013 | TechCrunch

it is Marc Andreessen, not Meg Whitman, that says that HP will make more WebOS tablets. Whitman then responds that this may not happen in 2012, but probably in 2013.

I would interpret this as HP getting back into the tablet market when they are good and ready, and not a minute sooner (which is a concept that I would endorse).
In realistic business-speak, this would be translated as:

"We're deferring until 2013 to see if the open-source initiative takes off, and if not, we can use the classic excuse of 'unforeseen circumstances and market conditions' to back away from a commitment of releasing more webOS tablets at that time."

Methinks you folks are placing too much trust in the very company many of you endlessly railed on when HP made misstep after misstep with webOS. Hope springs eternal, sure, but be realistic in your expectations.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2011, 11:01 AM   #26 (permalink)
Rnp

Without hope, why still live?

Best Regards...
Old 01/03/2012, 03:26 PM   #27 (permalink)

it's not an official press release. if it was, it would be on their site:
HP News, Technology News, Videos, Podcasts | HP Newsroom
Crakeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2012, 07:45 PM   #28 (permalink)

I am hoping for more webOS tablets... and I really want a webOS phone. My TouchPad is very nice, but I find myself longing for a new phone. Should have Sprintified a Pre2. :-(
joen05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2012, 07:59 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
I am hoping for more webOS tablets... and I really want a webOS phone. My TouchPad is very nice, but I find myself longing for a new phone. Should have Sprintified a Pre2. :-(
Just wait...I know as soon as I get my hands on that source I'm immediately going to work on getting it running on my current phone (photon as of now, but who knows what I'll actually have once the source comes out)

I'm sure many of the geniuses in this community will get it up and running in no time on other phones/tablets.

Now, if you meant official hardware, well, good luck.
bigbeck89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2012, 11:58 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbeck89 View Post
Just wait...I know as soon as I get my hands on that source I'm immediately going to work on getting it running on my current phone (photon as of now, but who knows what I'll actually have once the source comes out)

I'm sure many of the geniuses in this community will get it up and running in no time on other phones/tablets.

Now, if you meant official hardware, well, good luck.
I'd pretty much settle for either. If I can get a phone that has webOS ported to it on my carrier, I'd take that.
joen05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2012, 07:24 PM   #31 (permalink)

Its been stated before HP is going to piggyback Microsoft.only thing is it may be
2013 before windows strong enough to compete with the iPad
sharkbite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2012, 07:29 PM   #32 (permalink)

I love is but HP is not our hope.its the homebrew peeps who will be it till other is is easily installed and reliable on our Touch pads
sharkbite1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0