webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > webOS Development Idea(s) Center
webOS Development Idea(s) Center
Like Tree50Likes

Old 01/30/2012, 09:18 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
We already have that (sort of.) It's called Tweaks. With any luck it'll eventually become a built in app or something along those lines.
tweeks is for patches, not general settings.

Yes it could very well evolve into a full feature settings app but Idon't think hp is going to make it the built-in app

There is a homebrew app that brings together some preference apps. I think its called prefs or peferences. But it only really created softcuts.
Greg Mair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2012, 07:02 AM   #42 (permalink)

how about 1 webos device and multiply display LCD ,

10“inch, 7“ inch ,and 3.7” inch 3 LCD in 1 device ,

We know that , 10" inch device , cannot use by 2 person or more,

i think , that's 2 way .
1. make a bigger display LCD ( like a table size, microsoft surface )
2. make a device with multiply display LCD ,
we use the same device hardware , but display with touch screen through bluetooth/wifi/ , (just like nintendo wii u Nintendo Wii U Trailer (E3 2011) - YouTube )

it just like a home device for family , you want reply a sms , then you take the 3.7"inch
someone want to see the youtube, then he take the 10" inch screen .

similiar with the fujitsu concept notebook
Amazing Fujitsu Concept Lifebook Combines Tablet and Smartphone Into a Laptop [PHOTOS] - International Business Times
raynortags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2012, 08:48 AM   #43 (permalink)

Hi, my name is Disco Scottie and I am a webOS addict.

My meager suggestion: add a "refresh list now" button in the Wi-Fi app for those times when it takes too long to do so on its own.
Disco Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: zubiaur
Old 02/23/2012, 04:55 PM   #44 (permalink)

Hey gamecreator08 .. has the spreadsheet / document been progressed or do you need a hand? I'm more than happy to help, because I want to see our favourite OS hit the ground running once all the code is open sourced ... my two pre 3s, one pre 2 and TouchPad are awaiting for the next iteration of webOS

Work mobes: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo Pro > O2 Palm Pre- > Palm Pixi+ > Pre 2 > Pre 3
Home mobes: Sony Ericsson K610 > Sony Ericsson W910 > iPhone 3GS > Verizon GSMed FrankenPre+ > HTC Desire HD > HTC Evo 3D > White HTC Sensation XE
Tablet: HP TouchPad 32GB / ASUS TF101

dr3wster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/2012, 07:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Yeah, this seems to be taking an awfully long time. Let's get those ideas on paper now, while they're fresh!
Old 02/27/2012, 06:39 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr3wster View Post
Hey gamecreator08 .. has the spreadsheet / document been progressed or do you need a hand? I'm more than happy to help, because I want to see our favourite OS hit the ground running once all the code is open sourced ... my two pre 3s, one pre 2 and TouchPad are awaiting for the next iteration of webOS
Sorry for the overdue list! It's been extremely busy over here! I will be posting all ideas on this thread on my first post on the first page! Also, please check out the webOS Open Source Ideas Hub! I will be posting a full idea on webOS that completely redesigns and rethinks the interface and design of webOS on this thread! For now, it is called webOSX.

Stay tuned,
--gamecreator08
gamecreator08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2012, 06:49 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecreator08 View Post
Sorry for the overdue list! It's been extremely busy over here! I will be posting all ideas on this thread on my first post on the first page! Also, please check out the webOS Open Source Ideas Hub! I will be posting a full idea on webOS that completely redesigns and rethinks the interface and design of webOS on this thread! For now, it is called webOSX.

Stay tuned,
--gamecreator08

Welcome back!!! Good to hear from you again gamecreator08! It's ok, we all know life gets busy! For the list of ideas for the improvement of webOS Open Source, how about let's join forces to get keep the dynamic list on http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ideas-hub.html growing?

I will be e-mailing Derrek / Rod to try and get broader support for the list throughout PreCentral / webOSnation and the Open Source Dev Community.

A full idea on a redesign of webOS sounds VERY intriguing! Can't wait to read it ... tho, I think you will most certainly have to eventually change the project name ... Apple will come-a-knocking!

Work mobes: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo Pro > O2 Palm Pre- > Palm Pixi+ > Pre 2 > Pre 3
Home mobes: Sony Ericsson K610 > Sony Ericsson W910 > iPhone 3GS > Verizon GSMed FrankenPre+ > HTC Desire HD > HTC Evo 3D > White HTC Sensation XE
Tablet: HP TouchPad 32GB / ASUS TF101

dr3wster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2012, 06:53 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr3wster View Post
Welcome back!!! Good to hear from you again gamecreator08! It's ok, we all know life gets busy! For the list of ideas for the improvement of webOS Open Source, how about let's join forces to get keep the dynamic list on http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ideas-hub.html growing?

I will be e-mailing Derrek / Rod to try and get broader support for the list throughout PreCentral / webOSnation and the Open Source Dev Community.

A full idea on a redesign of webOS sounds VERY intriguing! Can't wait to read it ... tho, I think you will most certainly have to eventually change the project name ... Apple will come-a-knocking!
Sorry, but a clarification is needed:

1. Thanks dr3wster! Please read my PM!

2. I will no longer be attempting to put all ideas together in my thread. Announcement soon!!
Old 02/27/2012, 06:59 PM   #49 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

The suspense! THE SUSPENSE! I look forward to seeing what's going to go down. I already posted a very barebones 'Desktop OS' mode in the Ideas Hub, if that has any relation to this apple-enraging idea
ShiftyAxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2012, 07:39 PM   #50 (permalink)

This one is just for kicks. WebOS has the superior multitasking and interface, while Android has the app content, support, and compatibility. So why not create an app to emulate Android applications directly on WebOS? This idea, called Android Remix, seeks to provide a clean, yet user-friendly interface. Provided are two extremely primitive mock-ups below. The first one, labelled android_remix_logo is a concept logo for the application. The second one is a concept for the homepage. Notice there are three white orbs below the logo with pictures on each. When the bottom left orb is touched, a file browser will launch up to side-load downloaded/transferred apk packages. Touching the bottom middle orb opens a menu with all installed Android apps inside. Touching the bottom right orb opens another application that allows viewing and downloading of Android Market apps directly to your WebOS device. It's a new idea, so what are your thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas? Then reply!

--gamecreator08
WebOSX
Attached Images
File Type: jpg android_remix_logo.jpg (27.2 KB, 70 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg android_remix_home.jpg (34.9 KB, 74 views) Email Attachment
Old 05/14/2012, 08:00 AM   #51 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hi, I'm Pitsop.
Something very easy to implement and I think would be very helpful is a new use for the Wave Bar.
Currently the content is exactly the same as the Button Bar and their use is not exploited.
I think the Wave Bar should contain a list of the latest open applications such as Palm OS had (and was later copied by the "multitasking" on iOS).
To make this list more useful the wave should be a "scrolling wave bar" and show more than 5 applications moving to one side.
In this way we would have cards and would also a quick access to the latest applications used.
Regards!
pitsop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/2012, 12:34 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeon13 View Post
How about additional browsers! This is the biggest drawback of WebOS right now, I can do without all the fart apps.
Oh, I'm working on that. I think you'll be pretty amazed with what I have planned. But... That is about all I can say at the moment.

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
dkirker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by bluenote and gamecreator08 like this.
Old 05/14/2012, 12:38 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecreator08 View Post
Priority #1: Create organized document/spreadsheet of ideas/designs. Please send me your email to gain viewing privileges to document/spreadsheet. System of selecting administrators/editors/commenters to be presented soon.
I recommend a wiki page somewhere. Very easy to edit, maintain revision history.

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
dkirker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2012, 06:07 AM   #54 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
I recommend a wiki page somewhere. Very easy to edit, maintain revision history.
Take a look here:
webOS Open Source Ideas Hub
Dr3wster set it up a while ago, but the thread kind of died off. Me and a few others have been steadily submitting ideas to it for a while now, there's some good stuff on there
Thanked by gamecreator08, zubiaur
Old 06/20/2012, 10:07 AM   #55 (permalink)

Just a small idea with OpenWebos:
Have some sort of local(by usb) or online (by webbrowser)
feature to see access to the phone screen
knowing that existant webos hardware dont have tv-out capabilities
and many phone have broken screen too (because me pre 3 screen is almost dead and online part are not available)!!
The whole thing can mirror the screen of the phone and can be accessed by webos account!

My 2 cents ,Onanii
Onanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2012, 10:58 PM   #56 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

RumoredNow / I'm a relatively new webOS-head

I realize mobile and computing are increasingly cloud based...

However, I just don't think anything will replace the convenience and peace of mind that comes with the old desktop sync method especially if it includes full save/restore capability for your device.

And when I'm plugged into my computer and my device is in USB mode I'd really appreciate two things: a battery icon with charge percent on the top of the USB mode screen and a tap button on the bottom of the USB mode screen that would safely disconnect the device from the computer and put it in just charging mode.

Oh, just one more thing... (sorry, I was streaming Columbo on the Roku earlier)

IMHO MOBIpocket is the best damn eReader around for small screens. It's a shame it is defunct. It works on PalmOS devices... any way to make a webOS phone impersonate PalmOS so you could run the reader would be awesome. The Reader and Creator are still available for download and I use them all the time...

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2012, 07:12 PM   #57 (permalink)

There was an app called Classic for 1.45 that ran all the old palm OS apps. I don't believe it ever officially made it to 2.x versions and then Classic pulled it from the catalog. You might want to google on webos nation for status.
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2012, 11:37 PM   #58 (permalink)

Something I really would like to see is bluetooth mouse support! The Touchpad on the charger could basically be a computer!
Sheikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/23/2012, 05:32 PM   #59 (permalink)

not really an idea but more of a request. hopefully someone will be able to get hotmail working with the built in email app. i dont have an exchange account, just normal hotmail. no idea why yahoo/gmail is possible but not hotmail
c000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/23/2012, 10:21 PM   #60 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccx View Post
not really an idea but more of a request. hopefully someone will be able to get hotmail working with the built in email app. i dont have an exchange account, just normal hotmail. no idea why yahoo/gmail is possible but not hotmail
Last I knew, hotmail ONLY offered their web interface, with no way to sync any other client. Has that changed?
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
open source, thenextwebos, webos

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0