webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Did Amazon just buy webOS for free?
Did Amazon just buy webOS for free?
Like Tree3Likes

Old 12/11/2011, 04:27 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pad32 View Post
Amazon has good reason to use another OS, unless they believe they will always be a friend of Google.
Thats true. Where HP would back up Amazon, Google won't because Amazon takes Android and stripes all Google Products. Of course, HP would have the same problem -- Amazon wont let HP sell app's. But, I could see a possible partnership being created, if Amazon agree's to help with the development of WebOS.
astraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2011, 04:32 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astraith View Post
Thats true. Where HP would back up Amazon, Google won't because Amazon takes Android and stripes all Google Products. Of course, HP would have the same problem -- Amazon wont let HP sell app's. But, I could see a possible partnership being created, if Amazon agree's to help with the development of WebOS.
why would amazon buy anything including webos when they are in the business of SELLING and the kindle of all iterations including fire are selling like hotcakes ???
patapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2011, 08:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
why would amazon buy anything including webos when they are in the business of SELLING and the kindle of all iterations including fire are selling like hotcakes ???
If Amazon is happy with its business today, plus Google is not going to build its own online store, then don't bother, otherwise ----
pad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2011, 10:27 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
...even nokia with deep pockets had to abandon that kind of project even after many years with its mature system in place in millions of pockets ..
That is exactly what I thought after reading the announcement on Friday. Symbian, anyone?
I am afraid, beautiful as it is, WebOS is a goner.

Robert.
rdwalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0