Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Jonny.A
  • 1 Post By gamer765
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 1 Post By gamer765
  1. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    With the sale on Sunday it made me think. I wonder how many new or soon to be TouchPad owners even realize that slick OS on their tablet was available on a phone. Seems like the fire-sale for tablets might have helped push phone sales. To bad HP missed the boat, they might have sold a few more phones because of the tablet fire-sale.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    With the sale on Sunday it made me think. I wonder how many new or soon to be TouchPad owners even realize that slick OS on their tablet was available on a phone. Seems like the fire-sale for tablets might have helped push phone sales. To bad HP missed the boat, they might have sold a few more phones because of the tablet fire-sale.
    I bought my parents a TouchPad - after the short learning curve when she was getting used to the TP I showed her a Pixi and she was immediately able to use it AND found it intuitive. After a while of resisting a smart-phone she now has one and loves it.
    somline and jgoooopats like this.
    What a crazy idea...
    Now that webOS is open source, we can possibly start expecting to see it ported to Android devices.
    jgoooopats likes this.
    Hey maybe the the webOS section in in xda might get busy...

We should start a poll to see what hardware we want it on, I wouldn't mind it on the Motorola Pro+ 4G (a.k.a. Admiral). Basically a Pixi on steroids.
    domicius likes this.
    Samsung Galaxy S2 would be a good candidate.
    jgoooopats likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    From your lips to God's ears.
    <thread moved>
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    What a crazy idea...
    my exact reaction. dont think they even have attempted a feat like this before.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    Yes, please!
    If it isn't much of a problem running it on a Ti OMAP processor then I would believe that the Galaxy Nexus would be a perfect specimen. Dual Core, same resolution as TouchPad, open sources ICS, Nexus Phone, high adoption.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    If it isn't much of a problem running it on a Ti OMAP processor then I would believe that the Galaxy Nexus would be a perfect specimen. Dual Core, same resolution as TouchPad, open sources ICS, Nexus Phone, high adoption.
    sweet jesus lord almighty my life will be lived if that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    sweet jesus lord almighty my life will be lived if that happens.
    You've not got very high aspirations then.

If webOS doesn't get ported to a phone with a keyboard I for one will have to look elsewhere. I'm being *very* careful with my Pre3 and my Pre2 and Pre+ will be wrapped in cotton wool as backups.
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    You've not got very high aspirations then.

If webOS doesn't get ported to a phone with a keyboard I for one will have to look elsewhere. I'm being *very* careful with my Pre3 and my Pre2 and Pre+ will be wrapped in cotton wool as backups.

Maybe this is what you are looking at? (if it is real):

BlackBerry Milan Smartphone With BlackBerry 10 Leaked | Geeky Gadgets
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post

Ooooo. Yes. I like the look of that very much. It's a little bit angular for my liking, but I'd soon get used to it. I dunno, maybe they could come up with some kind of virtual gesture area for phones like that.

Of course, buying one of those (if and when they exist) and then shoving webOS on it would completely void the warranty. Not every one can afford to risk that kind of money.

Smart move by BB. My daughter likes her BB (leaves me scratching my head). I might be looking at her next phone.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities