1.    #1  
    I am considering adding a shared-minutes line to my Sprint service and giving my 14-year old daughter a phone for Christmas. Also, my wife's T-Mobile contract is up in February, so I might save some bucks by adding a third Sprint line at the same time.

For signing a new 2-year agreement, Sprint is offering a free phone (Samsung A660 or NOkia 6016I) and my monthly fee will only go up by about $10-$15.

Any opinions or experiences on adding lines with Sprint and buying a phone (or 2) as a Christmas present?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Bought a Sprint phone for my mother in-law 3 Christmases ago. Gave us alot of peace of mind, as Dad had died one year prior and she was beginning to travel some. Was costing $35 a month. When the 2 years was up, I created a family plan on Cingular for an extra $10 for her, but beware of the "additional taxes" per line. Cingular got the extra $10, but I believe my bill went up $17 to $20 in total because of the repeat of taxes on the new line. I moved my line on the Cingular plan to Sprint last December. My contract was up on that line and I did not want to wait forever for Cingular to get the Treo 650, plus Cingular's data plan was too high.

I did the same thing for my 15 year old daughter when she entered 9th grade -- got her the phone on the family shared minutes plan. Much cheaper than a seperate line with minutes.

Last thought -- double check Sprint's requirements. I had to step up from a $39 plan to a $59 plan to be able to do the $10 dollar add a phone thing on Cingular. Since I was adding Mom, Grandma, and daughter at the same time -- it was still a deal, but on a single phone add -- I would have been adding that extra $20 plus the $10 to Cingular plus the $10 to the authorities.

Cheers, Perry.
    Also check out Sprints new incoming call free plans and the Sprint to Sprint free minutes add on and the earlier evening free calls option. All of these add a couple bucks a month, but save me a lot more than they cost. I had the free incoming minutes plan when they offered it like 8 years ago and loved it. It is amazing how many of my minutes are incoming.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Perry and Hobbes.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!