Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 08:45:07 -0800, "VADM" contributed:

The US Navy welcomed the latest member of its fleet today. Pictured below, the USS William Jefferson Clinton CVS1 set sail today from its home port of Vancouver, BC.

The ship is the first of its kind in the Navy and is a standing legacy to President Clinton and his foresight in military budget cuts. The ship is constructed nearly entirely from recycled aluminum and is completely solar powered with a top speed of 5 knots. It boasts an arsenal comprised of one F14 Tomcat or F18 Hornet aircraft, which although cannot be launched or captured on the 100 foot flight deck, forms a very menacing presence.

As a standing order there are no firearms allowed on board. The 20 person crew is completely diversified and includes members of all races, creeds, sex, and sexual orientation.

The ships purpose is not defined so much as a unit of national defense, in fact in times of conflict it's orders are to remain in hiding in Canada, but will be used extensively for social experimentation and whatever crappy jobs the commander in chief and his wife can think of.

It is largely rumored that the ship will also be the set for the upcoming season of MTV's "The Real World."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cardio -- I forget, how many american soldiers died during the Clinton years ?? (aside from the 17 in Somalia, who were there because of daddy)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Maybe if Bubba fufilled his promises to get the terrorists that were constantly attacking US interests, "W" wouldn't have even been elected ?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Cardio -- I forget, how many american soldiers died during the Clinton years ?? (aside from the 17 in Somalia, who were there because of daddy)
    I know a lot of people who give Clinton credit for the 2,986 citizens who lost their lives on day in Sept of 01.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I know a lot of people who give Clinton credit for the 2,986 citizens who lost their lives on day in Sept of 01.
    maybe you should rewind your VCR and watch junior's 7 minutes of "deer in the headlights" -- trying to remember those briefing about the imminent threat presented by bin laden.

or trying to rememeber what Clinton and his staff pounded on him as he was coming into that disputed office: to watch for bin laden.

no, someone like junior needs his 6 weeks in Crawford.
    The most rested president in history...ya 9/11 was Clinton's fault -- just like Katrina...
    Oh, so the mark of a good President is by how few people died on his watch?

FDR must've been the worst President ever then.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x

I don't know if that is what he is completely saying but arguably one could make the argument that when fewer people die during your presidency then that would be a 'good' thing.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 08:45:07 -0800, "VADM" contributed:

The US Navy welcomed the latest member of its fleet today. Pictured below, the USS William Jefferson Clinton CVS1 set sail today from its home port of Vancouver, BC.
    When I first say this thread, I thought 'Wow? That was fast?' I should have known right from the underlined quote where it was going. Pretty entertaining though.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x

when you are smart enough to be able to use diplomacy, intelligent use of milary assets, and coodination wih existing freedom fighters to successfully achieve american objectives without wasting american lives -- yes.

and when you squander thousands of americans to achieve nothing -- you are remembered for that as well.
    Last edited by BARYE; 11/10/2005 at 12:08 PM.
    I was in Somalia during Clinton's watch. We transitioned from what Bayre refers to as "Daddy's Mission" of humanitarian relief to Clinton/UN style nation building. It didn't go so good, and we cut and ran, which gave Osama the impression we wouldn't ever fight.

The F-14. There are two squadrons currently deployed, and when they return they'll be retired. What a great airplane.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    maybe you should rewind your VCR and watch junior's 7 minutes of "deer in the headlights" -- trying to remember those briefing about the imminent threat presented by bin laden.

or trying to rememeber what Clinton and his staff pounded on him as he was coming into that disputed office: to watch for bin laden.

no, someone like junior needs his 6 weeks in Crawford.
    The most rested president in history...ya 9/11 was Clinton's fault -- just like Katrina...
    Keep rewinding your VCR and look at the steady ramp up of activities during those 8 glorious years. Just like kids, if i get away with this, next time let's go a little further. Ya know, if Clinton had acted on the information he had on Bin-Laden, or if had went after the terrorist instead of high heels and skirts this conversation would not be taking place. Talk about passing the buck, here is the info we have, we did not do anything about them so you better watch out.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    I was in Somalia during Clinton's watch. We transitioned from what Bayre refers to as "Daddy's Mission" of humanitarian relief to Clinton/UN style nation building. It didn't go so good, and we cut and ran, which gave Osama the impression we wouldn't ever fight.

The F-14. There are two squadrons currently deployed, and when they return they'll be retired. What a great airplane.
    nation building ---is n't that what junior's doing in iraq ???

and they became greater after they swapped engines... (F14)
    The 1993 WTC attack? Clinton's watch.
    The Khobar bombing? Clinton's watch.
    Resurgent North Korea? Clinton's watch.
    Chingate? Clinton's watch.
    African embassy bombings? Clinton's watch.
    USS Cole attacked? Clinton's watch.
    Operation Southern Watch? Clinton's watch.
    Iraq embargoes undercut by our "allies"? Clinton's watch.
    Undeclared war in the Balkans that had ZERO to do with US interests? Clinton's watch.
    nation building ---is n't that what junior's doing in iraq ???

and they became greater after they swapped engines... (F14)
    Not the UN style of nation building. We never offered those people one vote. Just mandates from NYC.

Yeah, the Tomcat became a MUCH better airplane with the upgraded engines. It took a real light touch to put one of those things aboard a carrier. At that end of the flight envelope it wouldn't take much to induce compressor stall and put the airplane in the water. That's what happened to Kara Hultgreen.
    Not the UN style of nation building. We never offered those people one vote. Just mandates from NYC.

Yeah, the Tomcat became a MUCH better airplane with the upgraded engines. It took a real light touch to put one of those things aboard a carrier. At that end of the flight envelope it wouldn't take much to induce compressor stall and put the airplane in the water. That's what happened to Kara Hultgreen.
    Somalia was daddy's parting "gift" to Bill.

No way he'd have gone there if he'd won a second term.

matter of fact, if he'd have won a second term junior likely would never have run for president.

So iraq IS Clinton's fault...

(P&W's also smoked -- in addition to stalling in hi angle of attack maneuvers...History channel devotee)
    Last edited by BARYE; 11/10/2005 at 11:56 AM.
    and when you squander thousands of americans to achieve nothing -- you are remembered for that as well.
    I don't believe you can say this with a straight face now. Achieve nothing? Like democracy? This attempt may be successful, it may not, but you can't say it was for nothing....only history will be able to tell.
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    The 1993 WTC attack? Clinton's watch.
    So if we follow your logic on this, then Bush is responsible for 9/11, right? Also, who had prior knowledge of an attack but continued to 'clear brush'.
    i'm sorry i cant see pass the snide bipartisan remarks....what was this thread about again? ...i remember something about a boat ..oh well
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    So if we follow your logic on this, then Bush is responsible for 9/11, right? Also, who had prior knowledge of an attack but continued to 'clear brush'.
    You define "We may be attacked" as prior knowledge?

You've got purple DailyKOS stains on your lips.
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    You've got purple DailyKOS stains on your lips.
    So, what you are telling me is that your logic is flawed in the previous post?

Also, purple?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast