1.    #1  
    DALLAS -- A Target store employee alerted Dallas police to a recent extraordinary cellular telephone equipment purchase. A man bought $60,000 worth of hard-to-trace prepaid cell phones.

The size of the purchase raised suspicions among police investigators, who turned over the case to the FBI.

"Those notifications are taken seriously," former FBI agent Danny Defenbaugh said. "Anytime a business or private citizen sees that type of activity, they need to go the extra step and notify law enforcement."

The large purchase caused investigators to look toward possible homeland security threats. On two occasions during October, a man of Middle Eastern descent bought $30,000 worth of prepaid cell phones. Security experts told NBC 5 that the FBI would work to identify the man and determine why he would buy the hard-to-trace phones.

Officials with the FBI and Target declined to comment on the case other than to say they were pleased that the clerk reported the purchase.
    Copyright 2005 by nbc5i.com

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/5216970/de...s=dfw&psp=news
    Me and my fellow aclu card carrying members feel this is wrong. You shouldn't be able to question a purchase, even if it appears to be someone of the peaceful muslim religion.
    Maybe I am missing the point but its not the race of the person that alerted the Target employee to report the sale...if that's true, Im not sure that the ACLU would care?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

4.    #4  
    Not all people of Middle Eastern descent are muslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Maybe I am missing the point but its not the race of the person that alerted the Target employee to report the sale...if that's true, Im not sure that the ACLU would care?
    Agreed. It's suspicious activity. Period. I for one am glad the purchase was reported and is being investigated.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by burnout
    Not all people of Middle Eastern descent are muslims.
    LOL, not only that but if a white person bought 60,000 dollars worth of pre-paid cell service, I think it would have been reported too
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

7.    #7  
    Merchants are supposed to alert the authorities any time a transaction is made in cash in excess of $10,000. It doesn't matter what you look like. Do you think this guy made two credit card purchases, or did he pay with a check?