Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does their hatred of GW Bush and Republicans really extend so far as to desire that endstate? Do they really think political gain is to be had by our failure in the War on Terror?

I say yes.

I just can't imagine what it is like right now to be a US soldier or Marine in the thick of it to listen what is coming from the mouths of some of these Democratic leaders. (Of course, given Gore's effort to suppress the military absentee vote in FLA in 2000, I probably wouldn't be surprised.)
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Does their hatred of GW Bush and Republicans really extend so far as to desire that endstate? Do they really think political gain is to be had by our failure in the War on Terror?

I say yes.

I just can't imagine what it is like right now to be a US soldier or Marine in the thick of it to listen what is coming from the mouths of some of these Democratic leaders. (Of course, given Gore's effort to suppress the military absentee vote in FLA in 2000, I probably wouldn't be surprised.)
    That goes to show your thinking. Do you not think, that there are Dems in the military, or is service strictly a Repub thing? Your argument just goes to show where the real hate is coming from.

Is it so hard to understand that there is a thing called accountability? I think what most dems would like to see is a bit of accountability in this Admin. Another thing I bet they would like is an explanation on how the Admin used and handled intelligence from ALL sources(CurveBall). What I feel is degrading to the soldiers is, being sent to war on cherry picked intel.

We are there now so now we have to finish it, I think someone called it the 'Pottery Barn Rule' you break it you buy it".

Again I think we should try and get a little help from the world, if they will go near it now, to help with some of the policing and gathering intel. Admit that is was wrong to go alone on such a major issue, or something else I don't care. Just get some help there.

And an answer to your question is NO they don't want to see Iraq run over by all the terrorists/insurgents/resistance fighters fluxing in from around the middle east.

You get a kick out of this don't you?
    Agreed most democrat politicians would like for the US to lose the war. I don't think they want our soldiers to die, but anything to wipe mud in W's eyes - damn the consequences.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Agreed most democrat politicians would like for the US to lose the war. I don't think they want our soldiers to die, but anything to wipe mud in W's eyes - damn the consequences.

I disagree. They need Americans to die in order to advance their position and gain political power.

Yes, I think they are that cynical and driven by Bush hatred syndrome.
    This thread literally turned my stomach.

My buddy just today came back to work after serving in Iraq for a year. Words can't describe the joy I feel having him back safely and the PRIDE I have in knowing such a brave American.

You need serious help 1911.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2

I say yes.

Define "success" in Iraq.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    This thread literally turned my stomach.

My buddy just today came back to work after serving in Iraq for a year. Words can't describe the joy I feel having him back safely and the PRIDE I have in knowing such a brave American.

You need serious help 1911.
    I'm not the one that does a bone dance every time CENTCOM announces casualties. Others on this board couldn't wait to post the news.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Define "success" in Iraq.
    The institution of a democratically elected government. The codification of a constitution. The ability to defend soverign borders. A functioning economy and infrastructure.

No doubt some will hold the outcome to some perfect Jeffersonian ideal that we will fall short of, and deem the whole thing failure. Meanwhile the people with purple fingers will keep working to move things toward their definition of better.

DA, what is your definition of success in the War on Terror?

I say yes.

I try not to get involved in political discussions here, but this post is either very uninformed or ignorant. You cannot possibly believe that any Americans (Rep, Dem or Ind) want to see us fail as a country or do not support our troops - many of whom are our children.

You can have your likes/dislikes for one party or the other, but come on. I've read some of your other posts and they usually show much more thought than this.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I try not to get involved in political discussions here, but this post is either very uninformed or ignorant. You cannot possibly believe that any Americans (Rep, Dem or Ind) want to see us fail as a country or do not support our troops - many of whom are our children.

You can have your likes/dislikes for one party or the other, but come on. I've read some of your other posts and they usually show much more thought than this.
    How else can you explain the vile slander and lies that erupts from the lips of democratic officals every day? Do you ever go to Democrat Underground? The DailyKos? Spend some time there and you'll see the undercurrent that is driving the DNC today.
    The institution of a democratically elected government. The codification of a constitution. The ability to defend soverign borders. A functioning economy and infrastructure.

No doubt some will hold the outcome to some perfect Jeffersonian ideal that we will fall short of, and deem the whole thing failure. Meanwhile the people with purple fingers will keep working to move things toward their definition of better.

DA, what is your definition of success in the War on Terror?
    So the continuing slide towards two different countries, one based on Islamic law, is not a success yet appears to be what the people want.

Define "Terror" (do start with anti-abortion extremists).
  12.    #12  
    So the continuing slide towards two different countries, one based on Islamic law, is not a success yet appears to be what the people want.

Define "Terror" (do start with anti-abortion extremists).
    You'll note that I specifically mentioned the people with purple fingers moving things toward their definition of better as being success.

Keep picking the scabs, but try to remember that this administration's policies have seen elections in Iraq and Afghanistan. The Cedar Revolution in Lebanon. Asad now sleeps with one eye open. Libya abandoned it's WMD program, the scale of which shocked intelligence services. Are you saying those aren't good things? No, of course not. You're not even recognizing those events have occured because it validates your political enemies actions.

I note, again, your inability or unwillingess to respond to another simple question.

For me, terror is tens of millions of government dependent illiterates voting for democrats. What's your definition?
    You'll note that I specifically mentioned the people with purple fingers moving things toward their definition of better as being success.

Keep picking the scabs, but try to remember that this administration's policies have seen elections in Iraq and Afghanistan. The Cedar Revolution in Lebanon. Asad now sleeps with one eye open. Libya abandoned it's WMD program, the scale of which shocked intelligence services. Are you saying those aren't good things? No, of course not. You're not even recognizing those events have occured because it validates your political enemies actions.

I note, again, your inability or unwillingess to respond to another simple question.

For me, terror is tens of millions of government dependent illiterates voting for democrats. What's your definition?
    Why do you accuse me of being avoidant them turn around and do the same thing?

Afghanistan is a mess. We left that SO unfinished for the neo-con madness that is Iraq. (BTW, I supported and still support military action and nation building in Afghanistan).

Lebanon, more power to them, would have happened regardless of the invasion of Iraq.

Libya, wanted in from the post Pan Am bombing cold and although Britain had restored diplomatic relations after they took responsibility for the bombing, the U.S. had kept an embargo.

But let me be VERY CLEAR! Non of these things are the result of the invasion/occupation of Iraq. ALL of these things can be accomplished through diplomatic and economic pressures.
  14.    #14  
    Why do you accuse me of being avoidant them turn around and do the same thing?

Afghanistan is a mess. We left that SO unfinished for the neo-con madness that is Iraq. (BTW, I supported and still support military action and nation building in Afghanistan).

Lebanon, more power to them, would have happened regardless of the invasion of Iraq.

Libya, wanted in from the post Pan Am bombing cold and although Britain had restored diplomatic relations after they took responsibility for the bombing, the U.S. had kept an embargo.

But let me be VERY CLEAR! Non of these things are the result of the invasion/occupation of Iraq. ALL of these things can be accomplished through diplomatic and economic pressures.
    I accuse you of being avoidant because you avoid answering questions.

Yeah yeah yeah. And Ronald Reagan's policies didn't defeat the Soviet Union.
    Why do the liberals keep trying to co-opt this thread into a referendum on W's failed presidency. That's the point of the original post- dems cannot see around their hatred of W toward a greater goal- defeating terrorism. I truly believe there's a large cadre of ppl who wish for our failure there. sad, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    Why do the liberals keep trying to co-opt this thread into a referendum on W's failed presidency. That's the point of the original post- dems cannot see around their hatred of W toward a greater goal- defeating terrorism. I truly believe there's a large cadre of ppl who wish for our failure there. sad, isn't it?
    Do you listen to yourself when you say "defeat terrorism"? WTF is that supposed to mean? It's so nebulous it could mean anything and go on forever.

Again I'll say I don't think you know what "success" is for the Iraq situation, and given that, it's doomed to failure. Powell tried to point this out to Bush but the Neo-Cons stamped down that message. There's a reason it's called the Powell Doctrine.

I say yes.

1911 getting ready to blame failure in Iraq on the Dems...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    1911 getting ready to blame failure in Iraq on the Dems...
    Elections = Failure

Have you talked to the Iraqi people? Have you been hugged and bowed to simply because you played a small part in freeing a family from a life of torture and murder? Have you driven down a road and had the kids run to the side of the road, wave and flash a peace sign? Have you been offered livestock as a gesture of appreciation from a grateful family elder?

In spite of the MSM slant on the march to freedom this is still happening folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Elections = Failure

Have you talked to the Iraqi people? Have you been hugged and bowed to simply because you played a small part in freeing a family from a life of torture and murder? Have you driven down a road and had the kids run to the side of the road, wave and flash a peace sign? Have you been offered livestock as a gesture of appreciation from a grateful family elder?

In spite of the MSM slant on the march to freedom this is still happening folks.
    It's a Norman Rockwell moment ain't it?

Again I'll point out that there is not a single group of "Iraqi People" nor will there be a single Iraq when this crap has settled.
    It's a Norman Rockwell moment ain't it?

Again I'll point out that there is not a single group of "Iraqi People" nor will there be a single Iraq when this crap has settled.
    That's about the most ignorant comment I've read on these here boards.

In case you hadn't noticed, your own country isn't exactly uniethnic, unicultural, or unisectarian.

It would also come as a bit of a shock to our friend clulup that multi-ethnic countries can't make it and are doomed to failure as you clearly believe.

Or is it just Arabs who are incapable of this? Muslims? Which bigotry is it?
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast