Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 116
  1. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    To the FBI, a love tap on the chest was torture. Making people sit on their knees was torture. The Bureau is an American LAW ENFORCEMENT agency. It was the law enforcement approach undertaken by Clinton that got us to where we are today. Prosecuting the first WTC bombers...what lunacy.

    As far as sliming opponents, what did you think of Clinton's "Nuts and Sluts" strategy? You must've really appreciated the acquisition of those 900 FBI files. Turning the FBI loose on Billy Dale in the travel office must've been a master stroke in your view. What do you think the Cisneros independent counsel will have to say about all of those IRS audits of conservative organizations durings the Clinton years?

    Cabal. Corruption. You parrot the DNC line well.
    Can you righties say anything without including Clinton?
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Can you righties say anything without including Clinton?
    Well, in all fairness, Barye's assertion that this has never gone on during a Democratic regime (and let's remember, there have been Republican Presidents with Democratic-dominated Congresses, who actually oversees and budgets the CIA, not the White House) is naive at best.

    And I won't even say what it is at worst.

    I don't really see this as news. I see this as a confirmation of what we all know really goes on in the international intelligence and counter-intelligence communities.
    I'm back!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Can you righties say anything without including Clinton?
    And can you lefties ever respond to a question?

    As far as the Clinton's go, they are useful tools to illustrate the left's utter hypocrisy.
  4. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Well, in all fairness, Barye's assertion that this has never gone on during a Democratic regime (and let's remember, there have been Republican Presidents with Democratic-dominated Congresses, who actually oversees and budgets the CIA, not the White House) is naive at best.

    And I won't even say what it is at worst.

    I don't really see this as news. I see this as a confirmation of what we all know really goes on in the international intelligence and counter-intelligence communities.
    I was not really referring to the thread, just what I hear in general. It seems like whenever something bad happens it is either Clinton's fault or "look Dems do it too". I wish some folks would just buck up.

    On another note are you going to the game this weekend in Tally?
  5.    #25  
    The only thing "bad" that happened here is an agendized CIA has outed this program. Now 29 European nations want to launch an investigation.
    Does anyone else here think this undermines our war efforts?
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    And can you lefties ever respond to a question?

    As far as the Clinton's go, they are useful tools to illustrate the left's utter hypocrisy.
    hypocrisy isnt a thing of just the left.. the right does it just as bad..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    The only thing "bad" that happened here is an agendized CIA has outed this program. Now 29 European nations want to launch an investigation.
    Does anyone else here think this undermines our war efforts?
    Yes, I agree, but I think the "investigations" will be superficial at best. Those countries in Eastern Europe that house these facilities knew they were there, and I'm sure some of our Western European allies already knew about this as well. I just don't see this as a big surprise.
    I'm back!
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I was not really referring to the thread, just what I hear in general. It seems like whenever something bad happens it is either Clinton's fault or "look Dems do it too". I wish some folks would just buck up.

    On another note are you going to the game this weekend in Tally?
    <OT>
    No, not this weekend. I'm heading up to Orlando to take my son to Magic/Animal Kingdom, it's his first trip. We've got to get a relaxing weekend after all the Wilma crap.

    So I probably won't see the game, but I'm sure I'll find a TV for the 2nd half of the VTech/UM game. Gotta see who we'll be beating in Jax on Dec 3rd.

    I am making plans to head to Jax for the 9/29/2007 game against Alabama though.
    </OT>
    I'm back!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Yes, I agree, but I think the "investigations" will be superficial at best. Those countries in Eastern Europe that house these facilities knew they were there, and I'm sure some of our Western European allies already knew about this as well. I just don't see this as a big surprise.
    How much longer will the infitada last in France?
  10.    #30  
    If it damages the Bush administration, then it is a righteous whistle blowing.

    Here's another look:http://www.nationalreview.com/script...0511041158.asp
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    The only thing "bad" that happened here is an agendized CIA has outed this program. Now 29 European nations want to launch an investigation.
    Does anyone else here think this undermines our war efforts?
    Arguably this does undermine the war effort.

    However, that begs the question of whether we should prosecute this war in a way that may be illegal?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Arguably this does undermine the war effort.

    However, that begs the question of whether we should prosecute this war in a way that may be illegal?
    t2gungho, you're in good company:

    http://www.nationalreview.com/buckle...0511041359.asp
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    I think it's clear from this exchange that the President is trying to walk a very thin line. IMHO he really wants to say "We will not torture and we do not support torture but there may come a time when extreme measures must be used to protect large numbers of American people from catastrophic terrorist attacks."

    A questioner wanted to know how the president would react to the proposed legislation. “Does the administration want the CIA exempted from that law?”

    McClellan: “We’ve stated our views on that amendment. The House passed a different version of the Department of Defense spending legislation. The Senate included some language on that. We’ll be working with congressional leaders as they move forward to pass that legislation. “

    Questioner: “I don’t get it. Is that a yes or a no?”

    McC: “I’m not going to get into discussions that we’re having with congressional leaders about how to move forward on that legislation.”

    Q: “You’ve already said the president is going to veto anything that would exempt us from torture. You have — this White House demeans — ”

    McC: “That’s not correct.”

    Q: “You demean all Americans when you support torture. And your answer is so fuzzy. First — ”

    McC: “Our answer is very clear. And that’s flat-out wrong, what you’re suggesting, because this president has made it very clear what our policy is.”

    And on we go. Soon the questioner was asking for hemidemisemiquavers of distinction. Okay, the president doesn’t condone torture. “But does he allow it?”
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    On another note are you going to the game this weekend in Tally?
    I'm glad I didn't go to witness that. Did you go this weekend?
    I'm back!
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Arguably this does undermine the war effort.

    However, that begs the question of whether we should prosecute this war in a way that may be illegal?
    I agree with both statements. I feel that this will undermine our efforts, and I wouldn't want to have to rule out any means of interrogation to stop Al Qaeda (and not that some of them don't deserve to be abused a bit), but I'd prefer to not have to cross the line to get the information we're looking for.

    However, I fully understand that this is a difficult job that can't necessarily be constrained.
    I'm back!
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I think it's clear from this exchange that the President is trying to walk a very thin line. IMHO he really wants to say "We will not torture and we do not support torture but there may come a time when extreme measures must be used to protect large numbers of American people from catastrophic terrorist attacks."
    I suggest that that kind of double message is both corrupt and corrupting. It is the kind of message that results in an otherwise "girl next door" on one end of a dog leash in an Iraqi prison. We owe our young people better leadership.

    What surprises me is not that Congress is not investigating the leak but that they are totally silent.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    William F. Buckley? What are his credentials to criticize The President of the United States of America (POTUS)?
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    What surprises me is not that Congress is not investigating the leak but that they are totally silent.
    I am just rambling....but I think that this point is a very interesting one. Just think, the Dems have an another opportunity to jump on Bush, attempt to exploit it into a scandal, show wavering leadership decision making skills, etc.... But they are not. Maybe they all know something that we don't!
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I am just rambling....but I think that this point is a very interesting one. Just think, the Dems have an another opportunity to jump on Bush, attempt to exploit it into a scandal, show wavering leadership decision making skills, etc.... But they are not. Maybe they all know something that we don't!
    Indeed.
  20. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #40  
    http://www.drudgereport.com/flash2l.htm

    **Exclusive**

    Sources tell Drudge that early this afternoon House Speaker Hastert and Senate Majority Leader Frist will announce a bicameral investigation into the leak of classified information to the WASHINGTON POST regarding the “black sites” where high value al Qaeda terrorists are being held and interrogated.

    MORE

    Said one Hill source: “Talk about a leak that damaged national security! How will we ever get our allies to cooperate if they fear that their people will be targeted by al Qaeda.”

    According to sources, the WASHINGTON POST story by Dana Priest (Wednesday November 2), revealed highly classified information that has already done significant damage to US efforts in the War on Terror.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions