Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Libby indicted on obstruction of justice, false statment and perjury charges...
    News conference today at 2p ET...
    Wow, bigger news than the time change.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Wow, bigger news than the time change.
    Only marginally. I'm reminded of that great line by Michael J. Fox, the lower level advisor in the American President:

"It's guys like me that end up doing 18 months in Danbury Minimum Security Prison!"
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    It sucks for the administration that he's been indicted - it is bad news.

Now that I've said that... can anyone think of a less important job in the federal government than chief-of-staff to the Vice President? Judging by the media coverage you'd think someone important was indicted.

(parenthetically - it's interesting that there were no indictments for the supposed crime that was being investigated in the first place)
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Resigned.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    It sucks for the administration that he's been indicted - it is bad news.

Now that I've said that... can anyone think of a less important job in the federal government than chief-of-staff to the Vice President? Judging by the media coverage you'd think someone important was indicted.

(parenthetically - it's interesting that there were no indictments for the supposed crime that was being investigated in the first place)

Libby and Rove are the "brains" behind this cabal.

Their job titles do not do justice to their roles and influence.

I confess though, that my Fitzmas celebrations are going to be somewhat muted this year -- With only one chicken culled so far, I remain in a state of suspended exaltation...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Ideally, this would not be an important position ... but, this administration is being run by a "cabal".

And he is/was a member of that cabal.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Normally no. Given this administration, I think this affects those that are in control.

Yea, seems another group was stating this same thing several years ago.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    He did have a lot of influence as all Chief-of-Staffs do for every administartion. You normally do not hear or see much of them because they should be behind the scene advisors. I still believe if guilty pay the price.
    I think it's definitely not a good thing to have the VP's chief of staff indicted.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Normally no. Given this administration, I think this affects those that are in control.
    Perhaps. We'll see if the whole ship of state now goes down in flames because Scooter Libby quit.
    Yea, seems another group was stating this same thing several years ago.
    It was right then, too.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    This is so far the Martha Stewart approach. You can't get a conviction on the real charge (insider trading or intelligence leaks) so you go after the coverup. A bonehead move by both Scooter (if true) and Martha (again, if true) either way, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    This is so far the Martha Stewart approach. You can't get a conviction on the real charge (insider trading or intelligence leaks) so you go after the coverup. A bonehead move by both Scooter (if true) and Martha (again, if true) either way, though.
    Stewart was given EVERY opportunity to cooperate with that investigation and chose to stick to her loyalties.

This is going to lead to more than libby. BTW, anyone notice this headline today?:
    Federal grand jury indicts prominent GOP contributor in Ohio (Tom Noe)
    BTW, anyone notice this headline today?:
    Noe way !!

I'm very curious as what else he might Noe.

Perhaps he'll attempt to use his inside Noeledge of how Ohio's votes were stolen to get a better plea bargain ...
    Last edited by BARYE; 10/28/2005 at 01:47 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Libby and Rove are the "brains" behind this cabal.

Their job titles do not do justice to their roles and influence.

I confess though, that my Fitzmas celebrations are going to be somewhat muted this year -- With only one chicken culled so far, I remain in a state of suspended exaltation...
    Libby and Rove are only middle managers, the same people have run things since the beginning.
    This is going to lead to more than libby.
    No it's not. The grand jury's term expires today. If Fitzgerald empanels a new one, each and every second of prior testimony must be re-read to the new GJ. It ain't happening. Sorry.
    BTW, anyone notice this headline today?:
    Sounds like almost exactly what was going on during the Clinton years with Johnny Chung, the Buddhist temple & Al Gore, etc, etc... The difference (from the news story you reference): "Prosecutors said the Bush campaign has cooperated with their investigation."

Oh and the VP wasn't there to collect the checks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Perhaps he'll attempt to use his inside Noeledge of how Ohio's votes were stolen...
    I read a rumor on some blog that California was stolen from Bush in 2004. Dunno if it's true, but I have just as much evidence as you.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I read a rumor on some blog that California was stolen from Bush in 2004. Dunno if it's true, but I have just as much evidence as you.
    I see dead people voting. Oh wait the election is over, let it go already
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I see dead people voting. Oh wait the election is over, let it go already
    That's the point I was trying (badly) to make humorously.
    The question still is " What happened to the Original charges"?

Mr Fitgerald, did not answer the milllion dolar question after 2 years of witch hunting and taxpayers money!!
    And so, if there was no crime committed in outing wilson's wife 's identity , than what's the validity of these charges ?
    That goes to show, you an start any useless investigation and indicte people for something else than the original charge.

Stay away from those lawyers ........
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast