Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    This is some lefty blogger's idea of valid political commentary on a black Republican in PA:

    http://stevegilliard.blogspot.com/20...ve-to-big.html

    If you're offended by racism, don't click the link.

    I thought liberals were for diversity and the rights of minorities and against racism???
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  2. #2  
    They just want to be opposite of the others.
  3. #3  
    Steele has left the reservation. That is an unpardonable sin in the eyes of the Left.
  4. #4  
    Michael Steele is a man of integrity... and a leader in his own right even before he was chosen to run with Bob Ehrlich in the Maryland Governor's race. That website/blog you referenced was full of cheap-shots. So, wanting people to not just be able to sit at the lunch counter, but be able to own the whole diner, is leaving/betraying "his people"?

    Hardly.

    I wish him well...
  5.    #5  
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/metro...4932-4054r.htm
    Black Democratic leaders in Maryland say that racially tinged attacks against Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele in his bid for the U.S. Senate are fair because he is a conservative Republican.
    Such attacks against the first black man to win a statewide election in Maryland include pelting him with Oreo cookies during a campaign appearance, calling him an "Uncle Tom" and depicting him as a black-faced minstrel on a liberal Web log.
    Operatives for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) also obtained a copy of his credit report -- the only Republican candidate so targeted.
    I'd post a source other than the Washington Times, but apparently no one else in the MSM finds this newsworthy. Curious.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/metro...4932-4054r.htmI'd post a source other than the Washington Times, but apparently no one else in the MSM finds this newsworthy. Curious.
    I guess because the story is false and never happened.

    Source: Baltimore Sun

    -snip-

    As for those who question the story, Ehrlich said yesterday: "They're not going to be able now to reinvent something that a lot of people saw. Just go ask people who were there."

    Several debate attendees, however, could not corroborate Ehrlich and Schurick's version of events.

    "It didn't happen here," said Vander Harris, operations manager of the Murphy Fine Arts Building at Morgan State. "I was in on the cleanup, and we found no cookies or anything else abnormal. There were no Oreo cookies thrown."

    -snip-
  7. #7  
    I watched this debate on local cable. The crowd was wild...it was an act of courage to show up in that auditorium.

    Mr. Harris, the operations manager, was involved in the cleanup? Pushing a broom, was he? Or just now toting the Democrat line like a employee at a predominantly black and liberal college?

    Mr. Steele's credit report WAS illegally accessed. He HAS been slandered as an Uncle Tom in a leading liberal blog. Maryland dems HAVE said that his status as a black man who is a Republican makes him a race traitor. Is it so hard to believe that he was pelted with Oreos?
    Last edited by 1911sforever; 11/14/2005 at 04:23 PM.
  8. naivete's Avatar
    Posts
    636 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    This is some lefty blogger's idea of valid political commentary on a black Republican in PA:

    http://stevegilliard.blogspot.com/20...ve-to-big.html

    If you're offended by racism, don't click the link.

    I thought liberals were for diversity and the rights of minorities and against racism???
    That blogger is a hypocrite. Also, he/she shouldn't trash others for being on crack when he/she is on crack. It's not Erhlich's fault if Steele decided to run for the senate.
    Last edited by naivete; 11/14/2005 at 04:52 PM.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    I thought liberals were for diversity and the rights of minorities and against racism???
    Since when is one blogger representative of an entire political classification? By that logic, all conservatives must believe that hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes are God's way of punishing homosexuals.

    Let us leave the media's convenient labels out of the discussion and let every person speak for and represent themselves and their own viewpoints.

    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." - Emerson
  10. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    I watched this debate on local cable. The crowd was wild...it was an act of courage to show up in that auditorium.

    Mr. Harris, the operations manager, was involved in the cleanup? Pushing a broom, was he? Or just now toting the Democrat line like a employee at a predominantly black and liberal college?

    Mr. Steele's credit report WAS illegally accessed. He HAS been slandered as an Uncle Tom in a leading liberal blog. Maryland dems HAVE said that his status as a black man who is a Republican makes him a race traitor. Is it so hard to believe that he was pelted with Oreos?
    Since one part of this story has been debunked could you please cite these other incidents. I ask for sources for this, only because this story is less than believable now.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Since one part of this story has been debunked...
    I read the whole Sun article - the Oreo story has been called into question. Debunked is too strong of a word.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    Since when is one blogger representative of an entire political classification? By that logic, all conservatives must believe that hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes are God's way of punishing homosexuals.

    Let us leave the media's convenient labels out of the discussion and let every person speak for and represent themselves and their own viewpoints.
    Fair enough. The blogger and all the idiots who agreed with him in his comments (who may or may not be liberals) are deserving of condemnation as racists.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  13. #13  
    ...and anyone who listens to Rush Limbaugh (on record as saying to an African American caller, "Take that bone out of your nose.") is a pill-popping bigot.

    Sounds like fair logic to me.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    ..and anyone who listens to Rush Limbaugh (on record as saying to an African American caller, "Take that bone out of your nose.") is a pill-popping bigot.

    Sounds like fair logic to me.
    Assuming Rush said that and isn't being quoted out of context - a big assumption - that doesn't implicate his listeners. Only the ones who agree with the statement (analogous to the blog commentors I referred to) could be thus labelled.

    Yor're painting with an awfully broad brush considering your original post.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Yor're painting with an awfully broad brush considering your original post.
    Yup - that was the whole point. Trying to pigeonhole an entire classification of people based upon a single post, phrase, or interaction when taken out of context of that person's value system and life experience is often pretty easy to do for us office-chair-quarterbacks, eh?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Since one part of this story has been debunked could you please cite these other incidents. I ask for sources for this, only because this story is less than believable now.
    "BALTIMORE -- Federal prosecutors have opened an inquiry into allegations that two Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee employees illegally tapped into Lt. Gov. Michael Steele's credit history.

    WBAL-TV 11 News reporter David Collins reported the workers obtained the report in July while executing opposition research on the lieutenant governor."

    http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/5004239/detail.html
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Since one part of this story has been debunked could you please cite these other incidents. I ask for sources for this, only because this story is less than believable now.
    "Black Democratic leaders in Maryland say that racially tinged attacks against Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele in his bid for the U.S. Senate are fair because he is a conservative Republican."

    http://www.washingtontimes.com/metro...4932-4054r.htm
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    This is some lefty blogger's idea of ....
    I thought liberals were for ...
    I love the way you always simplify things and have that them vs. us thing...

    the view of one person does not make it the view of the whole group..
    Just because some red neck is conservative, it doesnt make all conservatives rednecks..
    Your generalizations are getting real boring..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    I love the way you always simplify things and have that them vs. us thing...

    the view of one person does not make it the view of the whole group..
    Just because some red neck is conservative, it doesnt make all conservatives rednecks..
    Your generalizations are getting real boring..

    Let a Republican do this, and see what happens.

    Black Democratic leaders in Maryland say that racially tinged attacks against Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele in his bid for the U.S. Senate are fair because he is a conservative Republican."

    http://www.washingtontimes.com/metr...04932-4054r.htm

    Wait a minute...we already know. Trent Lott, call your answering service.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Let a Republican do this, and see what happens..
    I dont care who does what, I care about what is done..
    Besides that is besides the point I was making.. he is constantly generalizing.. which only makes his point weaker IMHO..

    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Black Democratic leaders in Maryland say that racially tinged attacks against Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele in his bid for the U.S. Senate are fair because he is a conservative Republican."
    .
    That is very wrong indeed.. racially tinged attacks are never ok..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions