Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know, MSM, but they are reporting what was said in a speech by former Powell Chief-of-staff. Not editorializing:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/21/po...wilkerson.html

"The comments came in a speech Wednesday by Lawrence Wilkerson, who worked for Mr. Powell at the State Department from 2001 to early 2005. Speaking to the New America Foundation, an independent public-policy institute in Washington, Mr. Wilkerson suggested that secrecy, arrogance and internal feuding had taken a heavy toll in the Bush administration, skewing its policies and undercutting its ability to handle crises."
    "Mr. Wilkerson suggested that the dysfunction within the administration was so grave that "if something comes along that is truly serious, truly serious, something like a nuclear weapon going off in a major American city, or something like a major pandemic, you are going to see the ineptitude of this government in a way that will take you back to the Declaration of Independence."

Mr. Wilkerson, a retired Army colonel and former director of the Marine Corps War College, said that in his years in or close to government, he had seen its national security apparatus twisted in many ways. But what he saw in Mr. Bush's first term "was a case that I have never seen in my studies of aberration, bastardizations" and "perturbations."
    "Mr. Wilkerson has long been considered a close confidant of Mr. Powell, but their relationship has apparently grown strained at times - including over the question of unconventional weapons in Iraq - and the former colonel said Mr. Powell did not approve of his latest public criticisms."
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Must be tough being a repub right now.
    being one of the last Americans still hitting the snooze button....

I wear a t-shirt with "IMPEACH BUSH" in large letters, both sides, everywhere I go and the positive response is unbelievable. even in the red state of floriduh.

I heard bush is facing a severe "crony shortage" for future appointments.
    He may appoint Miers as chair of the Fed Reserve Board if she doesn't get a spot with the Supremes... she is about as qualified for that post.
    Nudist, I assumed that you walked around naked at all times Can't wait to see how the neocons rationalize and spin this one.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    I heard bush is facing a severe "crony shortage" for future appointments.
    He may appoint Miers as chair of the Fed Reserve Board if she doesn't get a spot with the Supremes... she is about as qualified for that post.

a national crony shortage --- the horror ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Hey look, a liberal circle jerk. This is a TC first!
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/showpost.php?p=803997
    Apparently this goes for lefties, too.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    Hey look, a liberal circle jerk. This is a TC first!
    "Beat" me to it.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    "Beat" me to it.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Too slow. Must have been a good one if you were going for it.
    Too slow. Must have been a good one if you were going for it.
    Had to figure out how to link to a single post.
    All that extra time and you still didn't get it right. I'm sure you'll find a way to spin it to be the liberals' fault.

Too much love in this thread. Where's the right wing outrage?
    The link works for me... you must be doing it wrong.

How's that?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    This article reminds me of the article (book) from the former FBI director for Clinton. I did'nt put much stock in that one either. But I am glad others take notice of it and it makes them feel good.
    I have to take your word for it. Must be a mobile thing.
    Quote By: cardio at Today 08:50 AM

"This article reminds me of the article (book) from the former FBI director for Clinton. I did'nt put much stock in that one either. But I am glad others take notice of it and it makes them feel good."

Right. It's all about feeling good. Keep telling yourself that.
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    I wear a t-shirt with "IMPEACH BUSH" in large letters, both sides, everywhere I go and the positive response is unbelievable. even in the red state of floriduh.
    I have seen you!!! You hang out at Church Street Station peddling for coins.

btw, you only have one shirt? Stinky!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote By: cardio at Today 08:50 AM

"This article reminds me of the article (book) from the former FBI director for Clinton. I did'nt put much stock in that one either. But I am glad others take notice of it and it makes them feel good."

Right. It's all about feeling good. Keep telling yourself that.
    UHHH, I think you are confused, reread the posts. My statement is called sarcasm.
    Uh oh.
    I thought he said policy was run by Cobalt.... meaning they used advanced- prototype Treo's...
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Your feeble attempt to deflect the TRUTH had no effect on me!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast