View Poll Results: Who likes lingerie?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a guy and I like woman in lingerie.

47 90.38%
  • Im a guy and I dont think woman look good in lingerie.

4 7.69%
  • Im a girl and I think guys like lingerie.

1 1.92%
  • Im a girl and I dont think guys really like lingerie.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Me and my wife's anniversary is coming up and I bought a few things she likes but I cant figure out a romantic gift.

It was suggested to me as a gift idea. Where in the world did this lingerie thing come from. I don't like it. It looks silly. Am I in the minority.
    I like it....it makes me feel fabulous!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Get one of those erotic baskets. A bunch of cute silly things to do, edible undies, warming lube, etc... that kind of thing. Not crude, just erotic stuff.
    I like lingerie but I think it can be overplayed.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

5.    #5  
    I set up the poll so users could vote more than once in case spouses or I guess friends of users also wanted to vote.

Thanks DA, I guess were a little to conservative for that stuff. But I'm trying real hard to still not be boring.
    Buy her a skillet...

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Buy her a skillet...
    I laughed out loud at that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Buy her a skillet...
    Tried that. Ouch!
  9.    #9  
    Well from the looks of things I'm the odd one out. I better reassess my view of exciting,,,,,,, don't want her to get bored......

I was sure the lingerie thing was a myth started by woman. Just when you think you know something. Last Monday I was at a Chinese restaurant down town and I wanted Chop Suey. It wasn't on the menu, the waitress said that was an American invention,,,,,,,,,,, now this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Well from the looks of things I'm the odd one out. I better reassess my view of exciting,,,,,,, don't want her to get bored......

I was sure the lingerie thing was a myth started by woman. Just when you think you know something. Last Monday I was at a Chinese restaurant down town and I wanted Chop Suey. It wasn't on the menu, the waitress said that was an American invention,,,,,,,,,,, now this.
    Simple, buy her a skillet and the lingerie.

Tell her to wear the lingerie as she is using the skillet to make you Chop Suey.

I have all the answers.

I think alot of it depends on the type lingerie as well. It should not only fit your personal taste, as a man, but also complement your wife's personality and body type.

If it's not comfortable for both of you....visually and physically speaking, it may be aquward and not have the "wow" effect that it could!
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I take it a vaccuum cleaner is a bad idea???
  13.    #13  
    I think your right. I went looking at this stuff and I think my image of what lingerie actally was may have been a little off. I was thinking it was all lace and straps But I guess some of it looks pretty normal. I hadnt planned on getting anything like that for our anniversarie but since I am totally out numbered on this on I am going to try and find some thing romantic and fun. I'm still brainstorming on that one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lingerie rules! That's why I think Halloween is the greatest of all holidays. There's none of the baggage associated with meeting your girl's family or the stress of engagement ring ultimatums. It's just lots of drinking and girls in slutty outfits. My biggest stress this Halloween was deciding whether I wanted my girl to dress up as a slutty nurse or slutty French maid. The French maid won out. Last year it was the slutty Catholic school girl. If you notice there's just not much downside to these choices. Screw Xmas, New Year's and Valentine's Day. Make mine Halloween and heels!

You may feel awkward about asking your girl to dress up like that. I did too but found out the opposite. It is good for her self esteem. It makes her feel as desirable as the sexpot dream girl she sees on TV. If she has expressed wanting lingerie, it will definitely hurt her feelings if you are not interested. Take her with you to pick something out that works for both of you if your conservativism is a concern.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone-Ike
    I think alot of it depends on the type lingerie as well. It should not only fit your personal taste, as a man, but also complement your wife's personality and body type.

If it's not comfortable for both of you....visually and physically speaking, it may be aquward and not have the "wow" effect that it could!
    I am so reminded of Elaine Booslers first comedy routine about us boyfriends bringing their girlfriends Victoria's Secret for "her" birthday:

You go in the bathroom, and work for two hours to squeeze into the damn thing. You can't breath, you're turning blue, your eyes (and everything else) are bulging - you run out of the bathroom screaming "Get this thing off of me" and that's when you get the message....
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    PS - don't you wonder if that face in Insertion's avatar is the real Katie Holmes after Tom brought home a skillet?

PPS - shortly after this post, Insertion switched to the lame Napoleon Dynamite face from his "Katie resting her head on Tom's shoulder" avatar.
    Last edited by dstrauss; 10/27/2005 at 02:33 PM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Anybody else find it interesting that all of the poll results are appraently from males?
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Anybody else find it interesting that all of the poll results are appraently from males?
    Interesting? Perhaps. Surprising? No way.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    I suspect they know how much we want them to comment
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
  20.    #20  
    Disappointing,,,, absolutely...

I think they would side with the men saying that lingerie is generally liked.

I was almost certain that it would swing the other way and the idea of lingerie would be debunked just as the myth that guys only like skinny woman
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast