Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    Has the tide truly turned ??

    It must seem as stunning to believers who captured power with the much disputed tainted election of 2000, as it does to me.

    They came to that power imbued with a fervency that they had been blessed by god to do his works -- that the second millennium was a time special for them, their ideas, their ideology.

    They came with beliefs in the sanctity of stem cells, the evil that is a woman choosing to not give birth, the value of teaching abstinence, the knowledge that gays cannot be permitted to marry, the importance of educating children to pass standard tests, the importance of undercutting Darwin while endorsing intelligent design.

    They knew the value of cutting taxes and giving more wealth to the wealthy, of empowering corporations to pollute and to exploit the environment, that global warming was a liberal’s fantasy, and the determination to appoint judges intolerant of tolerance, liberalism, and dissent.

    They came empowered to make a new crusade to crush anyone who had the arrogance to not show our new leader his just deference -- whether they be the leader of Iraq, France or Germany.

    But now, after a second election victory of uncertain propriety, the heavens seem to be casting a decisive final vote against what they’ve done.

    A calamitous year.

    Starting with the Tsunami, we’ve had famine and genocide in the Sudan, plane crashes by the score, Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, and Wilma, the earthquake in Pakistan, the oceans of blood that is Iraq -- and Bird Flu.

    And many of the parts of the world most belabored by these events have been some of the most religious: the Tsunami and the earth quake devoured many many devout moslems -- and Katrina and Rita attacked many devout Christians in our bible belt.

    Its a biblical, truly apocalyptic list of chastisements that our planet and our country has been subjected to during the 11 months since that election.

    At the same time powerful Republican leaders across the government they control have been indicted and accused of serious criminality involving lying, insider trading, and treason.


    What does this all mean ??

    do conservatives interpret these events as a “loss of grace” ?

    The Chinese have traditionally understood a reign of calamity such as now to mean that an emperor and his dynasty have lost the Mandate of Heaven.

    What the does all this presage about our future ??

    Have conservatives misinterpreted god’s wishes ??
    Last edited by BARYE; 10/20/2005 at 09:58 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  2. #2  
    This certainly isnt an original thought on your part. Why not give credit to your source, or is copyright infringement just another tool in your bag of tricks?
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3. #3  
    Have you completely lost your mind?

    Take a step back, a deep breath, and listen to yourself.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  4. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    This certainly isnt an original thought on your part. Why not give credit to your source, or is copyright infringement just another tool in your bag of tricks?
    Would you put the link up that you found since this is not an original thought of his?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    This certainly isnt an original thought on your part. Why not give credit to your source, or is copyright infringement just another tool in your bag of tricks?
    I'm flattered that you think that.

    But alas -- every thought & word was mine alone -- ungoogled, uncopied -- and if inspired by another source, it was by unconscious accident.


    (I did cheat and use WordPerfect to catch my spelling flubs before I posted it though)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  6. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Has the tide truly turned ??

    It must seem as stunning to believers who captured power with the much disputed tainted election of 2000, as it does to me.

    They came to that power imbued with a fervency that they had been blessed by god to do his works -- that the second millennium was a time special for them, their ideas, their ideology.

    They came with beliefs in the sanctity of stem cells, the evil that is a woman choosing to not give birth, the value of teaching abstinence, the knowledge that gays cannot be permitted to marry, the importance of educating children to pass standard tests, the importance of undercutting Darwin while endorsing intelligent design.

    They knew the value of cutting taxes and giving more wealth to the wealthy, of empowering corporations to pollute and to exploit the environment, that global warming was a liberal’s fantasy, and the determination to appoint judges intolerant of tolerance, liberalism, and dissent.

    They came empowered to make a new crusade to crush anyone who had the arrogance to not show our new leader his just deference -- whether they be the leader of Iraq, France or Germany.

    But now, after a second election victory of uncertain propriety, the heavens seem to be casting a decisive final vote against what they’ve done.

    A calamitous year.

    Starting with the Tsunami, we’ve had famine and genocide in the Sudan, plane crashes by the score, Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, and Wilma, the earthquake in Pakistan, the oceans of blood that is Iraq -- and Bird Flu.

    And many of the parts of the world most belabored by these events have been some of the most religious: the Tsunami and the earth quake devoured many many devout moslems -- and Katrina and Rita attacked many devout Christians in our bible belt.

    Its a biblical, truly apocalyptic list of chastisements that our planet and our country has been subjected to during the 11 months since that election.

    At the same time powerful Republican leaders across the government they control have been indicted and accused of serious criminality involving lying, insider trading, and treason.


    What does this all mean ??

    do conservatives interpret these events as a “loss of grace” ?

    The Chinese have traditionally understood a reign of calamity such as now to mean that an emperor and his dynasty have lost the Mandate of Heaven.

    What the does all this presage about our future ??

    Have conservatives misinterpreted god’s wishes ??
    I am not sure I follow your logic on this one. Is there a region on our planet that a disaster would not kill a large number of some form of religous people?

    I guess you could turn it around and say that Katrina struck a city that is famous for a party that glorifies sin, and a community that is run by casinos that take money from the poorest population in hopes of a get rich quick scenario and the tsunami and earthquake hit an area that is considered by many to be a false religion and one that promotes killing of anyone who does not follow their belief system, the bird flu is mainly striking the euorpean area that has turned away from christianity.

    I am sure you think that sounds completely off base, but it makes as much sense as your post. You are tying events together that really do not have anything to do with each other.
  7. #7  
    I think it means 'sour grapes'.

    Liberals are so intrigued to find a hint of hypocrisy in anyone proclaiming some morality or religion. Many have utilize this hypocrisy. Some more overtly arrogant than others.

    I admit, I'm so blinded when it comes to liberals - there isn't a thing in the world that could happen for me to ever vote non-Republican. Liberals are plain evil (i.e. like Satan).
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    ...Liberals are plain evil (i.e. like Satan).
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  9. #9  
    Water both drowns and cleanses. Fire both consumes and purifies.

    All that can be shaken will be shaken. That which is built upon a solid foundation will stand. That which is not shall fall.

    Barye, I don't know if you were indeed inspired, however, you may have observed that which Peter spoke of:

    Quote Originally Posted by I Peter 4:16-19
    ...if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    This certainly isnt an original thought on your part. Why not give credit to your source, or is copyright infringement just another tool in your bag of tricks?
    No, this is authentic. Stark raving barking moonbatisms are his speciality.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    No, this is authentic. Stark raving barking moonbatisms are his speciality.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Water both drowns and cleanses. Fire both consumes and purifies.

    All that can be shaken will be shaken. That which is built upon a solid foundation will stand. That which is not shall fall.

    Barye, I don't know if you were indeed inspired, however, you may have observed that which Peter spoke of:


    shopharim, my post asks what to me is a question that I would have if I believed in a Supreme God -- one whose acts,teachings and laws played a daily role in our planet's politics, culture, weather, and baseball championships.

    If I believed that I was acting on HIS behalf, I might be inspired by an arrogant confidence in my rectitude, and a intolerance for those who did not have my SPECIAL insights.

    It would certaintly lead to Hubris.

    Through history similar apocolyptic upheavals have caused true believers to question themselves and their beliefs (the Plague , for example).

    I'm asking if this is again such a confluence of calamity -- if true believers will inevitably have to ask themselves if they "have lost the mandate of heaven".
    Last edited by BARYE; 10/20/2005 at 12:11 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    This certainly isnt an original thought on your part. Why not give credit to your source, or is copyright infringement just another tool in your bag of tricks?

    How presumptuous and insulting.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    How presumptuous and insulting.
    You must be very upset...presumption and insults are YOUR job around here!
  15. #15  
    I understand. Things are not going well for your party right now and you're upset. That's ok, you just go ahead and get it all out.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I understand. Things are not going well for your party right now and you're upset. That's ok, you just go ahead and get it all out.
    Just an observation of your usual behavior. I remember all too well your opening comments to me on this board.

    As far as me being a Republican, well, you're wrong again. Which should surprise no one.
  17. #17  
    I understand. Things are not going well for your party right now and you're upset. That's ok, you just go ahead and get it all out.

    US House = Republican controlled
    US Senate = Republican controlled
    US Presidency = Republican
    US Supreme Court = likely to soon be solidly conservative
    State Governors = Majority Republican

    You can only hope for things to go so "badly" for the left.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Just an observation of your usual behavior. I remember all too well your opening comments to me on this board.

    As far as me being a Republican, well, you're wrong again. Which should surprise no one.

    Really, I didn't commit that to memory. Could you remind me?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    shopharim,.....I'm asking if this is again such a confluence of calamity -- if true believers will inevitably have to ask themselves if they "have lost the mandate of heaven".
    Many true believers that I have encountered find it a call to return to the true "mandate of heaven." We are reminded that when King Solomon asked for God's favor, the commitment of the Almighty was:
    Quote Originally Posted by II Chronicles 7:14
    ...If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
    Some had boosted their confidence in seeing "their man" become President. But, the commitment was not "if my people elect a man of faith." The promise of forgiveness and healing was tied to humility, prayer, seeking God's face, and turning away (OURSELVES) from evil.

    Political influence is not needed to effect change in this nation. In fact, it can often be a corrupter. The tendency is to "play by the rules" of the governing. In that sense, the influence often serves to undermine the real work of change, because those "rules" are not always righteous.

    There is yet value to such influence, though, because righteousness still exalts a nation. Sin is still a reporach to any people. There is still relative value in encouraging moral goodness. However, the increase of "goodness" is of less consequence than the purging of "badness."

    So, my guess is the confluence of calamity will serve to re-direct the hope and confidence of the "righteous" from the selected to Sovreign. It is not a matter of having lost the mandate of heaven, but of having returned to the mandate of heaven.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth

    US House = Republican controlled
    US Senate = Republican controlled
    US Presidency = Republican
    US Supreme Court = likely to soon be solidly conservative
    State Governors = Majority Republican

    You can only hope for things to go so "badly" for the left.
    phurth, that absolute domination, that total control is what makes this "message" so unambiguous.

    Its very hard to blame liberals for all that's gone wrong when one party decides everything --

    One of the reasons that I believe that the righties are so angry that junior didn't choose a qualified competent nominee to the Supremes is that they know that this is their last chance.

    Intuitively they realize that the country will hold them responsible for the state our world and our country is in. The 2006 elections look to be bad for the repugs -- perhaps even the democrats can beat them.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions