Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Wondering what our friends in South Florida are planning on with this storm, riding it out or evacuating?

I know you have gone through this before, but stay safe and listen to the authorities this one looks like it is going to be bad when it hits.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/19/D8DB43VG3.html
    Was Cat 5 this am.
    Great, I am ten thousand miles away from Home deployed to the surface of the sun and my family is back in Tampa waiting to see what to do about this storm....frustrating.........off to the phone tent to call the wife and see what her plans are, hope she's taking the kids and heading north....sigh
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Wondering what our friends in South Florida are planning on with this storm, riding it out or evacuating?

I know you have gone through this before, but stay safe and listen to the authorities this one looks like it is going to be bad when it hits.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/19/D8DB43VG3.html
    I'm riding it out. I evacuate for no one!

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Yesterday morning it was a Cat 1, by the time I woke up this morning it was a Cat 5. I don't think these guys have a clue where it will hit or how strong it will be. If it stays on the current forecast track though, it'll go right through my house. Fun.

Not much is going on over here yet, but I just had a contractor on my team take off to put up the shutters and prepare his family for evacuation.
    I'm back!
    It's supposed to weaken as it goes north...hopefully anyway...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I have a niece on a honeymoon in the Caymen Islands. I wonder how they are doing...
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I've got a uhaul on standby!! I am out here on a barrier island so needless to say it is stupid not to evac if that sucka heads in my direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I have a niece on a honeymoon in the Caymen Islands. I wonder how they are doing...
    Getting hammered. And not with the local rum either.

Good rum down there though.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    It's supposed to weaken as it goes north...hopefully anyway...
    Hopefully.....

It's supposed to come right through Palm Beach county.

Not good for me.
    I'm back!